Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Hello Everyone!

I have my procedure on March 20th-but I am a little nervous cause I have 20 pounds to lose before then! I gained like 15 pounds after I turned in my paperwork and now I am working with OCC's nutritionist...but I am a little worried that I won't lose all the weight by then! Has anyone been turned away if they didn't lose the required weight? I really don't want to go down there on the 19th if they refuse to do my procedure....any thoughts?

I didn't lose all my required weight prior. Just do your best and email Lucia daily. That's what I did ????

Hello Everyone!

I have my procedure on March 20th-but I am a little nervous cause I have 20 pounds to lose before then! I gained like 15 pounds after I turned in my paperwork and now I am working with OCC's nutritionist...but I am a little worried that I won't lose all the weight by then! Has anyone been turned away if they didn't lose the required weight? I really don't want to go down there on the 19th if they refuse to do my procedure....any thoughts?

Definitely keep in touch with Lucia. I think the primary thing they are looking for with the pre-op diet, besides increased safety, is that you have the dedication and willingness to stick to a program. They see it as an indicator as to how well you will do post-op. Do you have to lose all the weight they would like in order to have surgery? No. But if they don't see you making a true effort, there's no reason for them to assume you'll do any better post surgery.

Hey I was wondering is there any other way to pay the $500 down payment besides credit card that charges the $250?

@@lmoore I'm fairly certain I paid my deposit with paypal, then a cashier's check for the remaining balance on the day of my surgery.

We paid deposit with paypal and paid remainder (final) payment with a cashier's check when we arrived.

We paid for meds with the credit card. No additional fee for using CC for meds to take home with us BUT meds were higher then was originally quoted to us though by only $20. Nothing major but be aware of what they put on your CC. They did not tell us about the increase until after they ran the charge through the CC. I was not too pleased about that. Increase was small so I did not make a big deal about it but they should have told us about the increase BEFORE they ran it through our credit card.

In the end we tossed the drugs in the garbage before we headed out from the Marriott. We did not recognize the drug names and just preferred to get what we needed when we got back home. I am sure they were fine but my daughter is a nurse practitioner and felt more comfortable with drugs she was familiar with.

Hey I was wondering is there any other way to pay the $500 down payment besides credit card that charges the $250?

It should waive the fee for the deposit!

My daughters had the same surgery date (Dec8th). One ordered the shakes and supplements from OCC for pre-op diet. The other one did premier shakes. Both lost about the same amount of weight required for preop. Not sure if occ gets a kick back but regardless they do not require you order the stuff from them.

Like the others, I paid my deposit with my credit card through PayPal. No fee. The remainder I paid with a cashier's check on the day of. If you want to pay the remainder with a credit card, that's when the fee would be charged.

The meds they gave me were fine. Different branding than in US, but same ingredients and pharma companies.

I did not use the Vitaleph products. They would like you to, but it is not required. I use Vitamins from stores here at home and Premier Protein shakes.< /p>

Ditto to everything sprocket said. PayPal deposit/cashiers check for balance. And besides Premier, I used Unjury, Muscle Milk, Syntrax and Raw Fit Protein products. For Vitamins, I stuck with the whole food based vitamins I've always taken.

As for the Meds, I got a list of what we would be Rx'd before I went down. I looked them up online to know what I would be taking and to see if it would be cheaper to get here. The US equivalent of what they dispensed was cephalexin (antibiotic), metoclopramide (antinausea/GI motility), omeprazole (PPI) and a sublingual NSAID. I actually bought more of the NSAID At one of the MANY pharmacies to have on hand for future aches and pains. At 14 months I have yet to even use the original NSAIDS they gave me. Lack of pain is a wonderful thing,

Good luck with everything.

What about the lypo-solve? Is there anywhere else to get those?

Personally, I don't think it's necessary...if you follow your diet plan and exercise, you WILL lose weight. That's kind of the point of surgery. But here's the ingredients, and with all the Garcinia Cambogia hype out there, I'm sure you could find something similar if you really want to take it....

post-182221-14255236546413_thumb.jpg

What about the lypo-solve? Is there anywhere else to get those?

You don't need to take that. I never did.