Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Thanks so much for the info! I too hate anything unnatural in my body so trying to avoid stuff I have no idea about, when I read the label!

Last question - why do you only take half dose?? Would you recommend full dose, early post op?

That's so great your panels were on target. I'm young and healthy ( too healthy fat wise! Haha) and don't have any medical issues, so I'm praying for a smooth experience!

About the 1/2 dose...I guess because a full dose is 4 capsules and in the beginning I was taking so many supplements I just didn't feel like 2 more capsules. I make it a point to eat healthy (including a good balance of fruits, veggies and whole grains as well as protein) and a number of my Protein Shakes also have extra Vitamins and minerals added, so between a 1/2 dose of multi, the Protein supplements and real food I figured I'm getting all of my RDA. (And bloodwork agrees)

And don't get me wrong about the VITALEPH....it seems like a very good Multivitamin. It actually has higher levels than mine does of a lot of things. So a 1/2 dose of VITALEPH would be just as good as my 1/2 dose and 1/2 the cost. But I would say take all your recommended supplements initially and let your bloodwork determine what you may or may not need as you get farther out.

Kindle, what type clothing did you take to TJ in December? Not sure what the weather is like My surgery is Friday and I am trying to pack.

Again, thanks for the post.

I brought sweatpants, a couple short sleeve shirts and a couple long sleeve shirts and a light jacket for evenings. The pockets in my sweats worked great to hold the bulb of my drain, but I guess they're not doing drains anymore so any comfie elastic waisted pants would do. My belly was very swollen and stuck out like I was pregnant so regular pants would not have worked. I actually didn't fit in my jeans for 2 weeks. Several other ladies wore loose dresses. Slip on shoes that are also comfie to walk in (I walked to Walmart/Starbuck's like 5 times plus all over the avenude Revolucion area.). My Crocs were perfect. That's about it. Everything easily fit in my carryon. You should check the weather online to see what to expect. It rained the day before I got there but was nice while I was there....I think mid 60s during the day.

We just got back from there, having surgery the 8th of Dec. the weather was gorgeous! Ave of 75 degrees each day. The girls wore very lose exercise pants and t shirts. That with a light jacket and they were comfy for the 3 days they were there. It was fine for plane travel too. You certainly do not want anything tight around the tummy. A neck pillow for the plane trip was nice too!

@@Kindle - the lypo solve is only for PRE op. Helps you achieve maximum weight loss before surgery ( hence shrunken liver!) but seems like plenty of people have made it happen without. :)

I brought sweatpants, a couple short sleeve shirts and a couple long sleeve shirts and a light jacket for evenings. The pockets in my sweats worked great to hold the bulb of my drain, but I guess they're not doing drains anymore so any comfie elastic waisted pants would do. My belly was very swollen and stuck out like I was pregnant so regular pants would not have worked. I actually didn't fit in my jeans for 2 weeks. Several other ladies wore loose dresses. Slip on shoes that are also comfie to walk in (I walked to Walmart/Starbuck's like 5 times plus all over the avenude Revolucion area.). My Crocs were perfect. That's about it. Everything easily fit in my carryon. You should check the weather online to see what to expect. It rained the day before I got there but was nice while I was there....I think mid 60s during the day.

We just got back from there, having surgery the 8th of Dec. the weather was gorgeous! Ave of 75 degrees each day. The girls wore very lose exercise pants and t shirts. That with a light jacket and they were comfy for the 3 days they were there. It was fine for plane travel too. You certainly do not want anything tight around the tummy. A neck pillow for the plane trip was nice too!

Thanks Kindle and jjinWA.  I guess I am getting nervous and had started packing to many clothes.  My flight leaves Atlanta in the morning around 11 and surgery is Friday.  I pray everything goes well.  

Everyone please send up a prayer for me.

@@gtmikki

Well wishes for Friday and safe travels for tomorrow. You will be just fine!! :D  B)  B)  

Edited by back2barb78

Thanks Kindle and jjinWA. I guess I am getting nervous and had started packing to many clothes. My flight leaves Atlanta in the morning around 11 and surgery is Friday. I pray everything goes well.

Everyone please send up a prayer for me.

Good like Gtmikki! You are in good hands. Dr. Ortiz and team are awesome! Try to relax and get some rest tonight. Let us know how you are doing when you can. One more day and you will be on the losers bench!!!!

@@gtmikki good luck! I was exactly in your shoes this time last year. Travelled to San Diego on Thursday and had surgery the last Friday before Christmas. I was the last surgery before Dr. O left for vacation to Yellowstone National Park...glad he wasn't too distracted! It was kind of nice because OCC was closed the week of Christmas, so the 5 of us that had surgery on Friday had the place to ourselves over the weekend and on Monday. Just a nurse, Dr. So, and Joel (the driver). Gloria came in on Monday when we were getting our fluoroscopies to make sure our travel plans were all in order and made us chicken broth to sip on our way to the airport ????

Edited by Kindle

@"Kindle"

Just wanted to say I just saw your after pic in the B&A thread and WOW WOW WOWWWW!! You look amazing!!! Like you're lifting weights all day (you could lie and say you do if you wanted)!! Great great! Congrats ????????????????????

Edited by back2barb78

@"Kindle"

Just wanted to say I just saw your after pic in the B&A thread and WOW WOW WOWWWW!! You look amazing!!! Like you're lifting weights all day (you could lie and say you do if you wanted)!! Great great! Congrats ????????????????????

Thanks! The year has certainly flown by. And yes, if dogs and cats and hay and feed and Water and snow count as "weights" then yes, I'm lifting everyday!

I have to agree with everyone, Dr. Ortiz and his staff are wonderful. When Dr Ortiz came into the room before surgery and talked to me, immediately all of the fear left. The first thing I see after surgery is Dr. Ortiz's beautiful smile telling me surgery is done.

Last night I had no pain or gas. I was released this morning and is back at the hotel resting. I can truly say the only regret I have is not having the surgery sooner.

Hi everyone- it's been so long since I participated in the boards, I don't even know where to begin to catch up. I was sleeved in February and was doing pretty good until about July when I hit stall after stall. From July to sept I lost only 7lbs even though i still have plenty of weight to lose and I've been stuck since September at the same weight. I won't ramble on- I haven't been around because in September I found out I have thyroid cancer which had started spreading to the muscle in my neck. Had surgery October 17th to remove thyroid and some of the muscle in my neck that the cancer was touching. It's been a tough road, very difficult to function. Energy is very hard to come by... I exercise when I can, but most days just getting out of bed and making it to work is my only victory. I've been pretty depressed trying to deal with this, I hope it's not the "new me", hopefully it will just take some time to get my medication levels right. I was so close to 100lbs down until my surgery..then I gained 5. While I know 95lbs down is great, I almost feel like i didn't get to fully use my tool of VSG in my first year, you know? I'm sorry to be negative, I am trying to think more positive. Anyway, I just thought even though I haven't lost weight and I'm nowhere near my goal, that I should come back on here for encouragement and to see anyone else is dealing with my issues. So I stopped by one of my favorite topics to say hi.

Gtmikki glad everything went well. Covatila I'm glad to hear you're okay and so sorry to hear about your cancer. I would definitely not be hard on yourself- that is major and a priority and you can get back on track. 95lbs is amazing!! There's nothing you can't handle girl!!! I'm in the market now for plastics. Changing slowly but surely! Got a quote from Dr Medina at the Ariel center for lower body work and am strongly considering going back to the OCC. They are so wonderful. I'm not sure though because I would consider going by myself but the communication says they want you to bring someone with you and it's a whole week. I need to see if I could pay a private nurse to stay with me there!

Hi everyone- it's been so long since I participated in the boards, I don't even know where to begin to catch up. I was sleeved in February and was doing pretty good until about July when I hit stall after stall. From July to sept I lost only 7lbs even though i still have plenty of weight to lose and I've been stuck since September at the same weight. I won't ramble on- I haven't been around because in September I found out I have thyroid cancer which had started spreading to the muscle in my neck. Had surgery October 17th to remove thyroid and some of the muscle in my neck that the cancer was touching. It's been a tough road, very difficult to function. Energy is very hard to come by... I exercise when I can, but most days just getting out of bed and making it to work is my only victory. I've been pretty depressed trying to deal with this, I hope it's not the "new me", hopefully it will just take some time to get my medication levels right. I was so close to 100lbs down until my surgery..then I gained 5. While I know 95lbs down is great, I almost feel like i didn't get to fully use my tool of VSG in my first year, you know? I'm sorry to be negative, I am trying to think more positive. Anyway, I just thought even though I haven't lost weight and I'm nowhere near my goal, that I should come back on here for encouragement and to see anyone else is dealing with my issues. So I stopped by one of my favorite topics to say hi.

I am so sorry to hear your news of cancer but glad they discovered it and you are on the mend. You need to make your health priority and losing weight is only a part of it. Getting stabilized with your medicine and recovering from your cancer needs to be top on you list! Get well and then refocus on the weight loss journey once you are once again healthy. If will happen and I will keep you in my prayers.