Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 26th Sleevers out there?

I've heard a few people mention they are using a straw. My doctor specifically told me not to use one because it was dangerous due to the sucking that would stress my new stomach plus add air to my already gassy insides.

I've heard a few people mention they are using a straw. My doctor specifically told me not to use one because it was dangerous due to the sucking that would stress my new stomach plus add air to my already gassy insides.

My daughter told me the same thing that a straw puts too much air in and prevents enough nutrition in. I haven't checked in in a while but I'm on Full Liquids now. I feel good most days but poop out quickly. My PCP put me off work for weeks to rest and heal. Some fluids go down ok and others do not but it changes day to day ????????.

I move on to puréed foods next week though I can have plain hummus now with no ill effects. Protein is my problem....I'm not getting enough as I can do a Protein shake occasionally but other times it comes back up. May be due to thickness but not sure.

Still eat sugar free Jello and sugar free pudding cups as well as sugar free Popsicles. Trying to get in 64 oz of Water but some days it only comes up to 32 oz. No cravings for pre surgical food but do have recipes for when I'm at that stage which are high protein low fat and yummy.

My HW 250, SW 232, PSW 244, CW 226.

I am on full liquids until the 9th......really tough to get in the shakes and Water all day. I went back to work this past Monday as I am a caterer/wedding planner and this is busy season. I am around fabulous delicious catered food everyday - but haven't felt hungry for it. My mind just tells me it wants it, though! I am definitely in bed by 8:30pm very tired from lack of calories I think.

My birthday was yesterday, and my family got a birthday cake with the message "Happy Birthday Mommy - sorry you can't eat this!" then they put a candle on top of a premier Protein next to it. It was hilarious!

I am so ready for something else besides chicken broth. I even called my NUT and asked if I could go ahead and advance to yogurt or creamed Soups and she said not until my check up next Tuesday. Good news is that I am down 12 pounds since May 24th - so that keeps me excited about this journey. I have been sleeping better than I have in months.

Friend brought me awesome Protein powder that is truly tasteless so I added that to Carnation French vanilla Breakfast packets - that was a nice change. Have to admit, feels like I will never be able to eat real food again!

Purée and blending food starts tomorrow!!! ???? What types of combinations are you guys thinking of doing.

My doctor gave examples such as mash potatoes and baked Beans, porridge, weetabix, fruit cocktail, fish stew and mash, custard etc!

What about you guys?

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm having some serious trouble eating enough and getting enough Protein. I'll have a few bits of something and I'm full and I'm really not enjoying any of the options I have in my house right now. I'm on the puréed phase and nothing is appealing to me at all! Is anyone else in the same boat? Any good recipes you're enjoying? (I basically have the appetite/pickiness of a child so that is making things more complicated)

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm having some serious trouble eating enough and getting enough Protein. I'll have a few bits of something and I'm full and I'm really not enjoying any of the options I have in my house right now. I'm on the puréed phase and nothing is appealing to me at all! Is anyone else in the same boat? Any good recipes you're enjoying? (I basically have the appetite/pickiness of a child so that is making things more complicated)

I've pureed a mix of refried Beans, salsa, and cilantro and have eaten it with guacamole and ff sour cream- it's really great!

I've also done pureed frozen banana with PB2 powder and a little skim milk - tastes better than ice cream!

I just tried pureed chicken salad last night too and it wasn't horrible.

Do you have a goal for how much Protein you need to be getting at this point? Just wondering. Thanks!

Do you have a goal for how much Protein you need to be getting at this point? Just wondering. Thanks!

My NUT took my weight and whatever and calculated it for me (not sure how she figured it out) but she said 62 grams a day for me. I haven't even been getting close! It's so difficult.

I am also having hard time with the Protein and Water. Really need to double my efforts and make drinking Water a part time job. At my two week check up, the nurse practitioner was right to read me the riot act about not getting enough Vitamins and water.

Still on mushy foods for another 4 weeks. Refried Beans, cheese and non fat sour cream are my nightly go-to for dinner. Yum. I tried to eat hummus and tummy did not like it. Was able to add yogurt (love greek yogurt) and cottage cheese (this was great with a quarter of a mushed up banana and cinnamon).

This is strange - but in the past 2 days I am experiencing super painful swollen gums and headaches. I am assuming due to dehydration. But going to check in the with NUT in the morning as it is not something I've had problems with ever before surgery.

Does everyone weigh themselves each day?

Guilty! ????

I weigh my self everyday. Not a good idea as it changes daily and can be discouraging. I've had a stall for around 2/3 weeks and I hardly eat as it is a struggle.

Sometimes I feel like maybe its because I'm not getting enough Protein or Water. Not sure but will ask the doctor when I have my first check up.

Trying to stay positive cause Ive lost 35 pounds in total since starting the pre op diet. But I still feel like it's not a lot and a others are losing so much more.

At least the journey has begun! ????

I am also having hard time with the Protein and Water. Really need to double my efforts and make drinking Water a part time job. At my two week check up, the nurse practitioner was right to read me the riot act about not getting enough Vitamins and water.

Still on mushy foods for another 4 weeks. Refried Beans, cheese and non fat sour cream are my nightly go-to for dinner. Yum. I tried to eat hummus and tummy did not like it. Was able to add yogurt (love greek yogurt) and cottage cheese (this was great with a quarter of a mushed up banana and cinnamon).

This is strange - but in the past 2 days I am experiencing super painful swollen gums and headaches. I am assuming due to dehydration. But going to check in the with NUT in the morning as it is not something I've had problems with ever before surgery.

Does everyone weigh themselves each day?

Guilty!

I weigh my self everyday. Not a good idea as it changes daily and can be discouraging. I've had a stall for around 2/3 weeks and I hardly eat as it is a struggle.

Sometimes I feel like maybe its because I'm not getting enough Protein or water. Not sure but will ask the doctor when I have my first check up.

Trying to stay positive cause Ive lost 35 pounds in total since starting the pre op diet. But I still feel like it's not a lot and a others are losing so much more.

At least the journey has begun!

I'm doing badly with protein and water. My NUT and surgeon said 60g protein and 64 oz. of water. I hit one of my highest protein days yesterday with about 50g. I had to go back to Protein shakes to even get close. And I'm not even getting HALF the water I'm supposed to!

I keep getting distracted or busy at work and have trouble making myself focus on water consumption during the day.

I also weigh myself every day....sometimes twice a day. I like to see my morning and night weights - haha! It's terrible, I know!

My NUT told me my goals are 1000-1100 calories daily.

Carbs at 550 calories = 137.5 g

Protein 330 calories = 82.5 g

Fat 220 calories = 24g

Water 64oz daily

I hit my Protein goals pretty consistently and part of that is adding a scoop of chocolate flavored protein to either Dannon Fit & Light Greek yogurt 80 calories or Yoplait 100 calorie Greek yogurt. Both are in vanilla no fruit added. Gives me a whopping 35-38g protein in one sitting! Now I'm on soft foods the remaining protein comes from seafood or chicken as well as legumes.

Water is harder because of the 30/30 rule which in my case is more like 30/90 because I don't seem to digest very well and 30 minutes after a meal is guaranteed to make it come back up. I can only safely get in 1/8-1/4 cup of meat in each meal (I measure each meal with real meat in it because more comes back up ????).

Funny, the yogurt never comes back up so that has become my go to staple when I have rough days! Hope this helps.

Michelle

Edited by michellemartin961

Good morning everyone! Happy 6 weeks since surgery!

How are you doing this week???? I've hit a stall for the past 5 days and need to get my head in gear. Had a lot more nauseous tummy this past week so I'm going to go back to more basic food choices and re-commit to more Water (ARGHHHHHH) and more Protein.

I went to Vitamin store and got 2 Isopures (grape and coconut) to see how those are. Grape is ok, has a weird taste but smells like koolaid.

I get nauseous and tummy not happy right after I eat - I think I might be eating too fast. How long does it take you to eat 4 tablespoons of a meal? I'm lucky that I don't throw up, but just don't feel well. Did not have this problem before this week.

Have a good day,

Seana