Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 26th Sleevers out there?

So how is everyone doing today? Being 5 days out from surgery is (I think) I good time to reevaluate the past 5 days. For me, day 3 was certainly the worst because it was the first day out of the hospital and I couldn't figure out my pain meds (long story) but by today I feel more mobile, more flexible, and generally happier! I'm down 5 pounds since the surgery (about one a day) and down almost 20 pounds since pre-op! How is everyone else doing??!?

Feeling good now, got a little brave this morning and tried some scrambled eggs and cottage cheese, maybe a tbsp of each. Ouch.... food is going to take time! Not drinking with the food is also a huge challenge. Only takes about 2 tbsp of yogurt to fill me up as well. Thought I was feeling good enough to skip pain meds today but starting to get a little more pain and soreness, may have to get a small dose.

Hey there - I am feeling really good, a bit sore on the belly and still some shoulder pain from the gas. My doctor pumped tons of liquid through my IV so the discharge nurse suggested not weighing until tomorrow morning to give the Water weight time to dissipate. Getting the Water in will forever be my challenge. Unfortunately, my doc has me on full liquids for another week. I'm dying for yogurt or something substantial. Head hunger has me a bit cranky.....but I knew that this would be my challenge. food is a major source of entertainment for our family - so re-training my brain is the focus! Glad everyone is doing well!

Got a lot of soreness and abdominal pain/gas again today. I was feeling really good yesterday and this morning, perhaps I overdid it a bit. Feels like maybe the yogurt or cottage cheese may have blew a staple, ouch. Going to stick with the clear stuff through tomorrow and see if this pain goes away. Hope everyone else is feeling well.

Today has been better than all the others, for sure. I never had any gas pains but the right side of my abdomen caused a lot of pain. I couldn't laugh, move around, etc. today that is even better. Still sore and can't cough but better. Getting in 48oz is the hardest thing for me. Most days I don't even make it to 30oz.

I was sleeved on 5/26 as well and yesterday was probably a turning point. I'm feeling a bit better today, still a fair amount of stomach pain. My gas pain has mostly gone away - but gas-ex strips and chewable gas meds helped a lot. I'm having so much trouble getting enough Water and protein! I'm finally ordering unflavored Protein today because I know I'm never going to be able to get all my protein in with shakes and other food alone. What's everyone else's biggest struggle right now?

Was just wondering how long is everyone else's liquid stage cause I'm hearing so many different examples and would love to see how you guys are all doing.

I can say that things haven't been so good for me over the last couple of days.

I have no taste for anything and I don't want to even eat. The meds are always making me feel ill.

The pain is bothering me and I'm wondering if it's normal. Under my Chest on the left side where the stomach was taken out hurts the most. I've got a bump there which I'm guessing is swelling??? but it stops me from sitting up right or leaning forwards.

If I lie on my right side and try to get up after it's my worst night mate and I can end up in tears. It feels like I've torn a staple or something most of the time!

Feeling depressed at times!

Never hungry but frustrated!

The chest pains are so dreadful too.

I really thought I would be ok by now ????

Is this normal?

Starting to get concerned and wondering weather or not to contact the hospital but I thought I would see how everyone else is coping.

That's my rant over. Sorry needed to share with someone ????

Pamzie!

I'm not feeling depressed, but I do think I'm being kind of bitchy. At first, I thought it was due to not eating, but then I remembered reading on this site about hormone changes after surgery. My emotions feel rather out of control, so I'm trying to remind myself that it's normal and is probably is me - not the entire rest of the world that is doing everything wrong! (Bless my husband, he's been very good to me).

I still have pain around and above the biggest incision which is on my left side although it gets better everyday. It makes sleeping through the night uncomfortable, but not what I would consider "painful".

My program requires these first two weeks to be a liquid only diet as far as eating goes. Most of that is Water - 96 ounces of fluids a day. While that's hard and feels like a full time job, I think it is keeping me feeling pretty good in this recovery time. I don't get 96 everyday, but I always get over 80. In addition to that I also drink an 8 oz smoothie, a cup of Soup, and a hot chocolate - all of which I bought at my clinic so they have a lot of Protein built into them. That's it for two weeks post-surgery. After that I will go to very soft foods for two weeks.

I would encourage you to follow your doctor's post-op diet plan and contact him/her about your concerns. I've contacted my clinic a couple of times with questions.

More than anything, hang in there and take care of you!

I am on full liquids until June 19th. I can have yogurt, runny hot cereals like cream of wheat, grits and oatmeal, thinned creamed Soups and Protein Shakes. This morning I drunk an entire Premier Protein shake. It took a couple of hours but I finished it. I'm also using a straw which has helped with getting fluids in tremendously.

I was sleeved 5/21, and today I had a 32g Protein Shake for Breakfast and then 1.5-2 tbsp of refried Beans for lunch, a half cup of cream of chicken Soup for small snack and then a half of a hard boiled egg for dinner. I literally couldn't get the whole egg in! I will have a nectar Protein Drink mixed in with my Water for the rest of my day to get in all my Protein. Today was a real reality check for me as to how small my sleeve really is!

Hey...I'm doing well after surgery. Not too much pain at first. I'm still struggling to get in all my fluids. I'm on soft foods now. I've had half an egg, refried Beans with sprinkle of cheese, mashed potatoes & lentil Soup. Dr said I could have anything soft as long as I chew really well. He skips the puree phase.

SW 246

Weight after surgery 234

Currently 217 ☺

Happy so far. Hope all the other may sleevers are doing well!!

I am on full liquids until June 19th. I can have yogurt, runny hot cereals like cream of wheat, grits and oatmeal, thinned creamed Soups and Protein Shakes. This morning I drunk an entire Premier Protein shake. It took a couple of hours but I finished it. I'm also using a straw which has helped with getting fluids in tremendously.

Same experience for me! It takes me over an hour to drink a premier Protein Shake and sometimes I have to put it back in the fridge and finish it later. I've been using a straw for everything! I think I'm off full liquids on Tuesday!