Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 26th Sleevers out there?

Today finally seems better. I am not in as much pain and I am able to walk about. My drain was removed yesterday and now that the medication seems to have settled I should be going home today. Very excited!

Drinking Water and tea is still a bit painful but Soup isn't too bad. They have put me on liquid morpheme and paracetamol which I could be going home with.

At the begin of the week I started to doubt my choice as the pain really hit me, but I now can assure my self that this was the best decision i have ever made. Keep strong guys and hang in there! ????????????

Sleeved on May 27th. Belly Button is the most sore area. Haven't been drinking the shakes. To be honest, I'm scared of throwing up because my chest and tummy is so sore. I have spit up some phlegm from the tubing that was down my throat during surgery. Other than that, I would say that I am reasonably well.

How much water/liquids are you getting down. Post op instructions say to get 64 oz, I'm lucky to get 30! Don't want to get dehydrated. Trying my daughters sippy cup today and that has helped get a little more down. Still getting painful hiccups if I drink too fast.

How much water/liquids are you getting down. Post op instructions say to get 64 oz, I'm lucky to get 30! Don't want to get dehydrated. Trying my daughters sippy cup today and that has helped get a little more down. Still getting painful hiccups if I drink too fast.

I'm right there with you. I can't get that much in. I was told to get at least 48oz or I would need an IV. I don't wanna get dehydrated either but I just don't see getting in that much possible.

@@juju79 and @@linzdiane

do you feel like you are too full to keep drinking the Water? I feel like my new stomach is an alien being with a mind of its own.....I am just not sure how much it can take. I even think I feel hungry - or I know the food triggers around my house keep telling me it is time to eat real food! Crazy.

I just keep reminding myself this is for the long run - and we will be able to eat normal food eventually.

@@juju79 and @@linzdiane

do you feel like you are too full to keep drinking the Water? I feel like my new stomach is an alien being with a mind of its own.....I am just not sure how much it can take. I even think I feel hungry - or I know the food triggers around my house keep telling me it is time to eat real food! Crazy.

I just keep reminding myself this is for the long run - and we will be able to eat normal food eventually.

I feel full but what's worse is that I keep burping and getting a quick, sharpe pain. I think it's my sleeve saying it's had enough when I get that pain or start burping. I don't feel hungry but if I see or smell food I do think I sure would like to have some. Like you, I'm reminding myself why I did this and where I wanna be ????

I had my surgery may 26 and I am 3 days post op !! I feel normal which is not good because I keep thinking I can do and eat things normally which is not the case ! Eating is very boring for me.. What are some things I can try ?

So today was a much better day than yesterday. Only had to take pain meds once. I managed to get 51 oz of Fluid, including chicken broth and a Premier Protein shake. Really surprised how much of an improvement in only one day. If it weren't for this drain, I'd probably be completely pain free. Waiting until Monday to start full liquids and soft foods. Think I'll stick to the clear stuff/protein shakes through the weekend to give myself a little more time to heal. Today I meal planned for the hubs and kids for the next 2 weeks. Got everything ready to go so I don't have to think about their food too much. I think I'll venture out to costco tomorrow!

Help. I can't get down the premeir Protein Shakes. Ugh. I tried EAS soy Protein and I like it much better but sugar is high. What should I do?

Are you trying the already mixed premier or the powder? I only like chocolate or strawberry, can't do the vanilla unless it's mixed with something. Maybe they're still a little too thick, maybe thin them with some milk?

Today has been a good day. Finally came home last night so today being home feels so so good! ????

Couldn't help weighing my self, I've lost 7 pounds since surgery. And I haven't even done anything. Makes me fill so enthusiastic about the future! Total weight lost since the pre op diet is officially 25 pounds????. How you guys all doing?

In terms of food. I have had a delicious West-Indian fish Soup all blended up into liquid which my darling husband made me today. As well as a Breakfast fruit smoothie with milk and skimmed milk powder. And lastly a strawberry complan.

Strictly following the hospitals diet and getting all my Proteins and Vitamins. So far so good.????????????

In terms of pain. Still not great. The left side of my belly still hurts quite a bit. And the build up of gas and heart burn can be real tricky but will get there. And drinking warm drinks differently makes it a little easier to get fluids down.

Tried some Tomato basil Soup for lunch. Ate 3 oz and it tasted amazing and was so satisfying. food does taste great when it's only a taste! Anyone else try something yummy? Outside of Protein Shakes, my taste buds were getting bored!

I'm excited to try some Chilean Sea Bass tonight for dinner! It will be my first time eating fish since the surgery! Can't wait!

I have been home since Friday. The trip across the border was 2 hours long due to a secondary search. Plane ride home was awful but I'm so much better today! I tried the Protein shake today too...so far so good....That makes 32oz Water, 60 oz broth, 1 Jello cup, 1oz Protein Shake plus 1 chewable Multivitamin....sipping each like it's too hot to take a regular drink lol ????.

That seems to help. I also flavor my Water with Crystal Light or Dasani flavors....makes it easier. Pain is tolerable, no longer having headaches, and the dry heaving stopped! Only had 2 bad days so far...the 28th and 29th.

I'm glad everyone made it to this side of surgery and rooting for those who have yet to get there!

Michelle