Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding.....August 2007! Who else?

Surgery is August 29! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! Do you guys check the Crazy Ates thread too? Both threads are for Auggie bandsters.

im right there with you!! the 29th wooohooo:)

Hey Pam,

Where in Michigan? My brother lives in Lansing...........

I'm an August bander, too, a week from today on the 31st.

Exciting, isn't it!?!01181.jpg

LIive in beautiful SW Michigan, only a few miles from Lake Michigan. I'm origianllly from the east coast and never thought I'd live here or that Michigan is such a great place to live - ok well the economy really sucks, but this area is a great place to raise kids!

I'm about 48 hours away from a new life. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. can someone help me in getting the tracker thing set up please :whoo:

Keep Going Bergdorf it will get better I promise was banded on 8-15 and at the same time had 7 hernias repaired in my stomach. It is 10 days later and getting better. The band is great still a little sore from the hernia repairs. started 286 now 265

Good for you! It keeps getting better and better but I just wish I felt normal already! I have things I need to do and didn't know I would feel so crummy after surgery. But I guess I didnt think, it's SURGERY! Its a serious thing, not like a haircut! So I will suck it up until I feel like my old self.

Keep Going Bergdorf it will get better I promise was banded on 8-15 and at the same time had 7 hernias repaired in my stomach. It is 10 days later and getting better. The band is great still a little sore from the hernia repairs. started 286 now 265

hi everyone...just had mine done on Aug.21. I have lost 8 pounds already.But then again who wouldn't lose weight on liquids..LOL

You had the same banding date as me! I seemed to gain weight at first (like 7 pounds) but now it is off. I think it must have been fluids and swelling from surgery and maybe just the flannel nightgown was wearing (I didnt have the strength to take it off before i weighed myself!). Now I am losing weight and feeling much better. How do you feel??

hi thanks for responding. I feel great. Still have air in my belly and my muscles are not quite back to normal.But, yeah I was shocked to see 8 pounds down in less than a week.You didn't say what part of LA. you lived. We have a grocery store called "Trader Joe's". My partner found alot of Bisque type liquids like sweet potato and vegetabl medley.She then put costco brand canned chicken in the blender and then put all togetherWOW what treat...

I live in New York actually. I got scared cuz it seemed like i gained 7 pounds but now they are off and I think i am losing weight now. I think its just stressful to have surgery and they pump you with all kinds of fluids. I have trader joes there. I love that store! I should go check it out. I should go get some bisques. I didnt realize we could eat those. My list says avoid cream based Soups so I will look for ones that arent that fattening. I know trader joes has a lot of really great healthy food. I will look for that. I have lots of air too and it seems to migrate up into my shoulder so I will get some gas x strips too. Its nice to see someone one here who got banded the same day as me! :huggie:

hi thanks for responding. I feel great. Still have air in my belly and my muscles are not quite back to normal.But, yeah I was shocked to see 8 pounds down in less than a week.You didn't say what part of LA. you lived. We have a grocery store called "Trader Joe's". My partner found alot of Bisque type liquids like sweet potato and vegetabl medley.She then put costco brand canned chicken in the blender and then put all togetherWOW what treat...

Hi...I hope this works. I just got mine to work after several unsuccessful attempts. Go to Trying To Conceive Ticker and choose what ticker you want. When you complete this it will give you an url to copy and paste. Copy it, then go to the userCP and click on edit signature, paste the url address in the top box. I kept trying to put it in the bottom box, and it kept saying invalid file.

Hope this works!

Hi I was banded by Dr. Davidson in Dallas on 3 weeks ago. Surgery went great, soreness was gone in 10 days, and hunger showed up in two weeks. I have not followed the soft foods diet required until week five. So I am having major guilt and alittle worry about damaging the band, but I haven't had severe pain so ... please God...I haven't screwed up too much. :help:

I lost 15 by the two week check up. But I have gained back 3:hungry:. Awwkkk. I just have to rededicate myself. I don't get my first fill until mid-Sept. Do you feel any restriction after just the first fill?

I am actually feeling much much better. My surgery was a week from yesterday and today I feel great! I am so excited and I am losing weight like crazy. People who don't know that I had surgery have been saying they can tell I have lost weight. Hard to believe since I am only a week out, but I'll take it either way.

weight.png