Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding.....August 2007! Who else?

Pam in MI,

Don't let your weight keep you from yoga -it's so good for your body and mind. It's going to be uncomfortable at first, but after a month of regular yoga, you will be amazed at how good your body feels. Plus, its time spent on just you, and that is super important with all the change you will experience physically and mentally with this surgery. You can use the time spent in yoga to mentally and physically prepare yoursef.

The yoga class I am in has a good mix of bodyshapes...maybe you can be an inspiration to someone else who feels like they don't belong in yoga because of their size, or didn't think it was physically possible.

Good Luck! I have my first consultation with Dr. Johnell in Colorado next Wed. I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself.

Erenne in CO

Be Well

Hi!

Add me to the August banding list! My date is August 31st, @ St. John's Hospital, Dr. Chris Edwards, in Springfield MO.

01298.jpg

Banded August 15 in El Paso Texas had 7 holes in the stomach lining that had to be patched also. So still a little sore to say the least. A large amount of bruising on the port side but only burns when I get moving up or down for a sitting of lying position.off my protonix and off my metformin blood sugars averaging 90 to 100. Protein bullets working well for me so no prob with the liquid diets. So far so good and I still would do it again.

Hi to all, I will be banded on 8/20 also. I'm in Indiana and my doctor is Dr. Clark. I went to school in Russell Springs, Ky.

Dr. Clark in Indiananpolis????? that's who I am seeing and will hopefully be banded in the next week or 2. Just got approved on

Friday:clap2:

Pam in MI,

Don't let your weight keep you from yoga -it's so good for your body and mind. It's going to be uncomfortable at first, but after a month of regular yoga, you will be amazed at how good your body feels. Plus, its time spent on just you, and that is super important with all the change you will experience physically and mentally with this surgery. You can use the time spent in yoga to mentally and physically prepare yoursef.

The yoga class I am in has a good mix of bodyshapes...maybe you can be an inspiration to someone else who feels like they don't belong in yoga because of their size, or didn't think it was physically possible.

Good Luck! I have my first consultation with Dr. Johnell in Colorado next Wed. I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself.

Erenne in CO

Be Well

thanks I think I will sign up for a class this fall. btw - got approved on friday and am excited beyond words!

I had my surgery on August 16, 2007, I am doing well on my fourth day out, I really wish I could eat some Malt-o-Meal or something, but I have to wait till Thursday until I can eat some. Oh well Popsicles for me!! I am curious about band sizes though? What is the difference between small medium and Large? My doctor gave me a small. Thanks for your answers if any

I had my surgery on August 16, 2007, I am doing well on my fourth day out, I really wish I could eat some Malt-o-Meal or something, but I have to wait till Thursday until I can eat some. Oh well Popsicles for me!! I am curious about band sizes though? What is the difference between small medium and Large? My doctor gave me a small. Thanks for your answers if any

I still don't know what band size I have. They said they have to do some paper work & get back to me on it. But yeah, I'd like to know what the diff. is too.

I just got banded 8/21. How are you guys doing? My stomach hurt a lot the last few days but is getting better each day. I still have terrible gas pain in my left shoulder. Its hard for me to walk upright. I took a shower this morning and it felt amazing! It felt so great to wash my hair and be clean. I used some Paris Hilton perfume after and just felt great all day. I am still not 100%. I had my surgery on Tuesday and it is Friday night. I am hoping to be ok for Sunday as I am going out then. How has your experience been with the banding????;)

Looking for a fun gang to "travel" with!!!! clap2.gifhippie.gifmessenger3.gifplane.gifshade.gifspy.gif:hai l:rockon.gifloco.gifBanane27.gif

I started a thread on the monthly board for anyone who is scheduled for August 2007. Hope to see some travel companions there!

Congratulations Bergdorf. I had my banding on the 22nd and I am still really sore. I cannot walk upright either and am having trouble getting up from my bed. I can tell that I am getting a little bit better everyday though. I am excited to get past the hard part and get on with normal band life.

I just got banded 8/21. How are you guys doing? My stomach hurt a lot the last few days but is getting better each day. I still have terrible gas pain in my left shoulder. Its hard for me to walk upright. I took a shower this morning and it felt amazing! It felt so great to wash my hair and be clean. I used some Paris Hilton perfume after and just felt great all day. I am still not 100%. I had my surgery on Tuesday and it is Friday night. I am hoping to be ok for Sunday as I am going out then. How has your experience been with the banding????;)

For the gas pain in the shoulder try putting your arms way up your head & wave them around. That helped me alot. I had my surgery Aug. 8th. I was sore for about a week. By day 7 I was starting to feel back to normal. Just make sure that you don't go doing anything you shouldn't be doing. My doc said no sweeping/mopping/laundry & anything where you are bending. I thought I could at week 2. But he said even though we may feel healed on the outside our ports still have to have time to set into the scar tissue. And nothing like situps or using your stomach muscles for 3 months. Good luck!!

Surgery is August 29! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! Do you guys check the Crazy Ates thread too? Both threads are for Auggie bandsters.

I felt so good the first day (from the stomach shot I am sure!) that I picked up my dog. He's 11 pounds. I hope I didnt pop anything inside of me. The next day my stomach was so sore! I am trying to take it easy. It is hard tho. If I drop a spoon, I just leave it. My house looks like a mess because I havent been bending since Tuesday. My dog was eating a paper clip today, I didnt know what to do cuz I couldnt pick it up, so I just kicked it under the dog bed. It is so hard not being able to do things!! :embarassed:

For the gas pain in the shoulder try putting your arms way up your head & wave them around. That helped me alot. I had my surgery Aug. 8th. I was sore for about a week. By day 7 I was starting to feel back to normal. Just make sure that you don't go doing anything you shouldn't be doing. My doc said no sweeping/mopping/laundry & anything where you are bending. I thought I could at week 2. But he said even though we may feel healed on the outside our ports still have to have time to set into the scar tissue. And nothing like situps or using your stomach muscles for 3 months. Good luck!!

You sound just like me. I feel like i have to walk like Frankenstein because I cant walk upright or be comfortable because of my stomach soreness and shoulder gas pains!

Congratulations Bergdorf. I had my banding on the 22nd and I am still really sore. I cannot walk upright either and am having trouble getting up from my bed. I can tell that I am getting a little bit better everyday though. I am excited to get past the hard part and get on with normal band life.