Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! It's here!!

I begin my day of complete clear liquid diet tomorrow and will head in for the Gastric Bypass surgery, Wednesday morning...

I'm a complete bucket of emotions that I did not expect right now!

I have been on this site since I began my program in October 14' and just now finally feel like this is all really happening and comfortable enough to post.

I'm incredibly grateful for this site as I've gotten several months of posts to read and help me along the pre-journey!

HW - 248

SW - 235

CW - 226

GW - 125

It's normal. You're going to do awesome! Stay mind strong. You deserve it. I'm also the same current weight as you at 226 and my surgery is May 15. Good luck!!

@sweetjes602, thank you! I'm doing my best... it's a very 'real' feeling when you know you can't mess up your eating otherwise they'll reschedule surgery!!

I wish you a lot of luck and hope these next few weeks go by quickly for you!

We can certainly keep I'm touch... I'm a couple weeks ahead but the end result we want is the same... help each other along?!

-Jessica-

It's here! Two hours feel going to the hospital. Feeling excited and nervous.

Thank you, I've been here all day. sleeping most of the day, walking in between and drinking as much as possible. Just wish I didn't have the gas pain right now.

Thats Awesome @ @KalelsWifey. I hope you are resting well and comfortable. I would love to follow your progress as am almost finished with my surgical requirements and close to getting a surgery date.

Keep up the hard work and I look forward to hearing from you!!

@lisanewme67, Thank you so much! What a roller coaster of emotions going thru the program, day of surgery and all the days to come! I've done so well apparently that I am going home today, they said it is not typical for a bypass patient to leave after one day, but I've achieved What I needed to do. My biggest suggestion once you've had your procesdure is truly no matter how icky you feel, WALK, WALK, WALK!!! I feel incredible after walking. Also, the carnation instant Breakfast taste absolutely amazing fist chocolate then strawberry.

Thank you for adding me as a friend, I definitely would love to keep in touch and motivate each other!! X's

Hey @@zumbapink! How are you? I have just recently gone thru Gastric Bypass on 4/22. The morning of surgery i was 227 lbs, today my morning weight was 217.8 lbs... I'm 6 days out... not much for days out, but the 10 lbs lighter is boosting my overall spirit. I wiol NOT lie to anyone and say this is not a difficult first few days... but already at 6 days post op... im feeling a heck of a lot better... gradually getting more energy... taking in Protein any way I can, sipping on warm Decaf fluids and Popsicles oh boy, they've neverrr tasted so yummy! Lol. Truly. Recovery in my opinion is best when getting in your protein and having your family and friends for support. I wish you a lot of luck. Please keep in touch. Let me know if i can be of any help.

Kalelswifey how do i send private messasge gonna think of you when my time comes i didn't have pain from band or sleeve but im nervous with the bypass i did stay at hospital extra because of throwing up but day 4 i was walking 4 miles in the park. Im also a zumba instructor once a week please stay in touch

Hey @@zumbapink! How are you? I have just recently gone thru Gastric Bypass on 4/22. The morning of surgery i was 227 lbs, today my morning weight was 217.8 lbs... I'm 6 days out... not much for days out, but the 10 lbs lighter is boosting my overall spirit. I wiol NOT lie to anyone and say this is not a difficult first few days... but already at 6 days post op... im feeling a heck of a lot better... gradually getting more energy... taking in Protein any way I can, sipping on warm Decaf fluids and Popsicles oh boy, they've neverrr tasted so yummy! Lol. Truly. Recovery in my opinion is best when getting in your protein and having your family and friends for support. I wish you a lot of luck. Please keep in touch. Let me know if i can be of any help.

here is ny email

Edited by zumbapink

@@KalelsWifey wondering how you are doing. I have been reading so much and my date is May 21. I feel a lot like you did about making the right choice second guessing. Getting super nervous and wonder how you are feeling now? Our stats are somewhat the same. Hope you are doing well you gave me inspiration knowing you felt the same and did it!