Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

In one week on Tuesday I start introducing solid foods.

Makes me nervous.

I'm seeking suggestions on what foods would be good to start with.

Please let me what worked or didn't work for anyone out there.

Makes me nervous.

I basically did what my NUT said, take a small bite of moist food, wait 5-10 mins then proceed if no discomfort. I waited for about 5 and I tried mostly soft foods at first like, broccoli, cauliflower and onion.. I had absolutely no issues. The vomiting issue was because I lost my train of thought for a few minutes and didn't use my Eat Slower App that times me. The next day I had chicken in the crockpot, that's been cooked in Italian dressing for 8hrs. And man alive, it was good. So moist. I did notice that putting a little slice of my veggie in my same bite kept everything super moist. As I was afraid of chicken being that chewed might dry out. And chicken is a little interesting chewed that much. You'll see what I mean. Still good though. I was told to use gravy for moister , but to many carbs. I hope that helps.

I'm scheduled for surgery on May 7th! I'm both excited and terrified.

Hello. How did you make out with your surgery. How are you feeling ?

Are you on liquid diet ?

Yes how did it go? I hope well.

Are you on liquid diet ?

Hi @@Salonboi & @@nancynew! I apologize for the late reply. I'm doing great!! I'm so thankful to report that my surgery was a total breeze. My surgeon said it was "textbook" and that I was 12 hours ahead of most during my recovery in the hospital. Eating is a completely different experience post-op. Learning how to eat and how much has been interesting, painful at times, but not too bad.

So far I've only lost 10 lbs since surgery, but I had lost 34 prior to surgery. I'm headed back to the gym this week, so hopefully that will supercharge my system into more weight loss!

I hope you are both doing well and adjusting to your new way of life. :)

@@nancynew, I would start with yogurt, cottage cheese, or a blended Soup. Going from all liquids to thick liquids was a good start for me. Scrambled eggs and refried Beans were okay, but I could only handle about two tablespoons before feeling SUPER full and very uncomfortable. I soon realized that yogurt and Soups just slide right through my new stomach and were so much easier to tolerate than thicker, more dry foods. Now I'm nervous to try anything new away from home!

Good luck!

Edited by laurenjane

Are you on liquid diet ?

Are you on liquid diet ?

Hi @@Salonboi & @@nancynew! I apologize for the late reply. I'm doing great!! I'm so thankful to report that my surgery was a total breeze. My surgeon said it was "textbook" and that I was 12 hours ahead of most during my recovery in the hospital. Eating is a completely different experience post-op. Learning how to eat and how much has been interesting, painful at times, but not too bad.

So far I've only lost 10 lbs since surgery, but I had lost 34 prior to surgery. I'm headed back to the gym this week, so hopefully that will supercharge my system into more weight loss!

Hey laurenjane.

So glad all has worked out for you.

Keep posting your progress.

10lbs down is great. Any weight lost is a positive. Good luck at the gym.

My surgery was may 5, I'm hoping to get the gym by next week.

@@nancynew, I would start with yogurt, cottage cheese, or a blended Soup. Going from all liquids to thick liquids was a good start for me. Scrambled eggs and refried Beans were okay, but I could only handle about two tablespoons before feeling SUPER full and very uncomfortable. I soon realized that yogurt and Soups just slide right through my new stomach and were so much easier to tolerate than thicker, more dry foods. Now I'm nervous to try anything new away from home!

Good luck!

Thank you !

Makes me nervous.

I basically did what my NUT said, take a small bite of moist food, wait 5-10 mins then proceed if no discomfort. I waited for about 5 and I tried mostly soft foods at first like, broccoli, cauliflower and onion.. I had absolutely no issues. The vomiting issue was because I lost my train of thought for a few minutes and didn't use my Eat Slower App that times me. The next day I had chicken in the crockpot, that's been cooked in Italian dressing for 8hrs. And man alive, it was good. So moist. I did notice that putting a little slice of my veggie in my same bite kept everything super moist. As I was afraid of chicken being that chewed might dry out. And chicken is a little interesting chewed that much. You'll see what I mean. Still good though. I was told to use gravy for moister , but to many carbs. I hope that helps.
Ahh, yes , crockpot. Good idea.

I think I will start with chicken in crockpot , maybe a chicken with some type Tomato base. My favorite, anything with tomatoes or tomato sauce. Or at least prior to surgery was my favorite.

Are you on liquid diet ?

Are you on liquid diet ?

So happy to hear ???? how's your energy doing? My tanked so bad for first two weeks. I'm way better now 2.5 weeks post-op.

Makes me nervous.

Ahh, yes , crockpot. Good idea.

I think I will start with chicken in crockpot , maybe a chicken with some type Tomato base. My favorite, anything with tomatoes or tomato sauce. Or at least prior to surgery was my favorite.

I used spaghetti sauce over chicken, and was very yummy.

Are you on liquid diet ?

Are you on liquid diet ?

Congrats on the weight loss.. Keep up the great work ????

It's 3am, woke up at 1:30am with pain in my lower abdomen and feeling really nauseous. Can't sleep , what is going on. I get one good day then 2 or 3 not so good days. Not sure what I should do.

I too love this thread. I like being able to ready what others are doing and know I'm not the only one. Also love the before and after photos!

When I proposed the original question (Thread Topic) I never thought it'd get so many responses. Everyone obviously is welcome ❤️❤️❤️
lol what are they?

Ok stupid question, is it ok to eat sugar free cookie or wafer thingy? Carbs are a bit high, but if I figure it into my plan. Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

Yes yes

You should be fine :)

I focus on carbs too, but sometimes you just gotta.

Ok good.. It's 100% sugarfree and very yummy.

I too love this thread. I like being able to ready what others are doing and know I'm not the only one. Also love the before and after photos!

When I proposed the original question (Thread Topic) I never thought it'd get so many responses. Everyone obviously is welcome ❤️❤️❤️
lol what are they?

Ok stupid question, is it ok to eat sugar free cookie or wafer thingy? Carbs are a bit high, but if I figure it into my plan. Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

Yes yes

You should be fine :)

I focus on carbs too, but sometimes you just gotta.

Ok good.. It's 100% sugarfree and very yummy.
My partner already put the package in the trash. Next time he buys them I'll post a picture.

Edited by Salonboi

Well today is my day! I'm sitting in the Pre-op area in my gown waiting to get my IV. Surgery is scheduled for noon! Ah!

Well today is my day! I'm sitting in the Pre-op area in my gown waiting to get my IV. Surgery is scheduled for noon! Ah!

Hooray. Wish you well.

Salonboi- I can definitely tell a difference in your stomach! This is so inspiring! I love before and after photos.

Thank you so much. I so love before and after pics too.. They really helped me this morning when I was feeling a bit down today.. Good luck to you and welcome to the May Peeps thread ❤

You've inspired me to do a before an after!

The before is the night of my 21st birthday party! After was only 2 days ago!

I've lost 39 pounds so far!

attachment=53764:ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432663150.913948.jpg]attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432663164.298797.jpg

WOW! @@imjenn You look terrific! You're doing great!