Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

Agreed, it has been a week of trials! And you are right, we are getting stronger in body, mind and spirit. So good to know I am not traveling alone.

I'm being hit with everything this week.

I have thrush on my tongue.

Then I developed a yeast infection.

Then I got a cold.

And now I've got the yeast infection in my belly button.

On top of that all, I got my period today.

It has not been my week.

But I am continuing with my diet and struggling through all these ailments and am happy to report a total weight loss of 29 pounds since surgery two weeks ago!

We're doing it, guys! Finally!

I feel your pain! My face swelled up my eye swelled shut so I quit taking pain med. Hopefully that was it. Swelling is going down after 3 doses of benadryl. I had my period to during my hospital stay, that was not fun going to the bathroom every hour with an IV pole, leads from heart monitor IV tubing everywhere and a drain hanging from my right side. I'm struggling now it's day 5 now but the gas pain I had earlier was awful!! Hoping for a better day without swelling and going to try some shakes today (peanut butter!) Hope you are getting better. We got this just a few hoops to jump through:)

You guys.

I hit AND passed my first weight loss goal to be under 300 pounds!!!!

I'm 11 days post op and that makes for a weight loss of almost 25 pounds in 11 days and 34 pounds from my HW!

My next goal is to lose 50 pounds, so to be 250, but it looks like I've already started! So 46 pounds until my next goal!! attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432300100.345584.jpg

Awesome congratulations ????????????

Multiple lab blood tests, X-rays and then CAT scan (with yucky dye iv) and they ruled out lung clot. They did however diagnose me with Atelectasis. I guess a partial lung collapse common after abdominal surgery. Could turn into Pneumonia if I don't do what I'm supposed to. Big deep breaths, breathing into incentive spirometer (was sent home from surgery with this and I prob didn't use as often as I should have) And exercise until I'm winded. I have been walking 2-3 miles a day but at a slower pace (45-50 mins). They did not allow me to advance to the next food stage, Im still on liquids and yogurt. I guess this just got real. Breathing into a hose several times every hour (except when sleeping) for the next 7-10 days!

It was so nice to read all your concern. I ❤️ this thread!

So sorry to hear of your complications ???? you will be in my thoughts and prayers ????????. You sound like a very strong person, so keep at it, and know this is gonna be so worth every bad moment.

I didn't want anyone to know I was having RNY surgery. Didn't want any negative comments. And frankly , not anyone's business. My husband of course was aware and on board. I have two sons ( grown, don't live with me ) I told them but waited until just 2 days before surgery. I thought in case anything "happened" they should know. So anyway, long story short ......

My sister in law (husbands sister) stops by yesterday and as we are talking she informs me that she went to an informational seminar for gastric bypass surgery. And what did I think about surgery for weight loss. Hahahaha

My husband and I look at each other , and I came clean with her.

She was so happy to know that she now knows someone who has gone through the process and can be a weight loss buddy. She is just starting her journey , her surgery most likely will be sometime in Sept.

I made her swear to keep her mouth closed with other family and friends.

She will because she also wants it to be kept hush hush. Never expected that conversation when she came to visit.

How cool to have a surgery buddy now.

My goodness , my energy level is in the toilet. Uh , my feet and legs feel like cement blocks are attached.

Mine to.

Good morning everyone ???? I had to take a mental break from all social media this weekend. Partly due to having to do so much before holiday hair, and partly I just need a break. So hi and I'm alive ???? I'm down a total of 42 pounds now yay.. I'm down to 305... Not to many people are noticing yet, but I'm starting to feel it in my shirts. Today I start back to all foods now and am scared to go back to old habits. I had a few Sugar Free Chocolate wafers and a serving size worth of animal crackers my son was eating yesterday and it didn't bother me. That scares the hell out of me to know that. God help me. My energy still sucks and haven't been regularly walking, but I must say I'm back to work (only after 9 days) and I'm on my feet the whole time being a hair stylist. So I'm sure that constitutes a lot of walking ???? I'm just scared I'm already failing or gonna gain it all back because I tried what I did. I know not to keep doing it, but I was needing something that I knew tasted good damnit .. Well that's all ???? here's to hoping ❤️ I hope all of you had a great holiday weekend.

PS I'm going to put my a$$ in action today and workout ????????????????

Edited by Salonboi

Oh and I decided to get on some antidepressants and anxiety meds. I think I need that extra help through this journey. I've dealt with both issues off and on since my teens, and this whole no food I love business is doing a number on my head. I'm ok don't think anything like that, just know my mood is changing, and it's unfamiliar territory with this surgery change, to my body. I just don't want to gain my weight back after I go through all this.

Edited by Salonboi

Hi all. Been doing great. Got all my Protein and Water in easily. I thought I was done with the liquid part on next mon but my paper work says 3 weeks of that and the 3 weeks of pured... ugh lol but I see my surgeon next week so I'll ask him about it.ive now lost 25 lbs since surgery.

Highest weight : 530

Surgery weight : 424

Surgery date : 5.11.15

Current weight : 399

You are doing so amazing ???? so glad you are so successful, it really feels good.

post-242829-14326404213255_thumb.jpg the top two are first day of 2week pre-op diet and bottom two and this morning 21 days post-op ????

post-242829-14326405101114_thumb.jpg these are all this morning 21 days post-op ???? and don't judge my fat belly please. No laughing lol

Edited by Salonboi

post-242829-14326407594157_thumb.jpg

I forgot to add a side view of first day of pre-op ???? and that's my son Hudson trying to figure out what I'm doing lol

post-242829-14326414396208_thumb.jpg

Ok this is a better comparison, sorry for all the posts getting this right lol . From left to right. Left picture is first day pre-op and next to are this morning 21 days post-op ????

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432640420.462734.jpg the top two are first day of 2week pre-op diet and bottom two and this morning 21 days post-op ????

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432640509.074999.jpg these are all this morning 21 days post-op ???? and don't judge my fat belly please. No laughing lol

I can def see your progress! I see a change in your face, as I do in my own, it's amazing how fast some of this occurs!

I am breathing far better today, and guessing I am on the other side of this. Hoping that I will def be able to add some mushy/mashable food starting Thursday, 3 weeks is long enough. Still having periods of exhaustion, though I too have been back at work on my feet all day ????. Still Struggling to get more then 4 days a week of additional walking in.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432641438.471032.jpg

Ok this is a better comparison, sorry for all the posts getting this right lol . From left to right. Left picture is first day pre-op and next to are this morning 21 days post-op ????

You can definitely tell you've lost!! You're looking great!
Thank you so much, when you look at yourself everyday, it's harder to tell.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432640420.462734.jpg the top two are first day of 2week pre-op diet and bottom two and this morning 21 days post-op ????

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432640509.074999.jpg these are all this morning 21 days post-op ???? and don't judge my fat belly please. No laughing lol

I can def see your progress! I see a change in your face, as I do in my own, it's amazing how fast some of this occurs!

I am breathing far better today, and guessing I am on the other side of this. Hoping that I will def be able to add some mushy/mashable food starting Thursday, 3 weeks is long enough. Still having periods of exhaustion, though I too have been back at work on my feet all day ????. Still Struggling to get more then 4 days a week of additional walking in.

I'm so glad you are breathing better.. How scary this must have been!!! Keep using your spirometer thingy and take care of yourself ok!!!❤️????

I definitely put my A$$ in action today, and worked out... I'm proud I did it ????