Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

Abdomen became so painful , went to ER. ( believe me, for me to go to ER, you know I'm in a lot of pain)

Anyway, they did blood work,urine test and cat scan of abdomen.

Diagnosis: diverticulitis. Home on antibiotics. So relieved that it's isn't a surgery complication. Not happy with diverticulitis but could be worse.

Omg I'm so sorry you are in pain ???? so glad it's not surgery related. Rest and take care of yourself. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers ????????????

I feel like I want cut a b***h today. I want some food damnit lol.. That is all. I've been hangry all day. Sorry for potty mouth.

Edited by Salonboi

I just need to go to the grocery store and make some of my Pinterest food ideas. I suck at consistently planning ahead. But I have no choice now. I just have nothing food wise to turn to tonight that'll work. My taste for certain things have changed a lot. I used to love lunch meat, but now it's not really that good. eggs used to taste good, but not so much. Even cheese isn't that appealing. So basically everything isn't doing it for me. I'm basically living on Popsicles, yogurt and salads, these last few days. I know this will all change. I know the weight won't drop off right away, meaning for all of this to go back to new normal. Whatever that is. I'm still trying to recreate foods I loved from my past, and it's just not working. I'm trying to get that comfort from it I used to. But no luck. My mind knows it's not gonna be the same. I'm working with a Dr to change my thinking about all this. It's still to early for her to know me. So nothing is being achieved yet. I have so many hormone highs and lows going on, and it overwhelming today. These damn antidepressants and Xanax better start kicking in soon. I've had two moments today I felt a sudden burst of happiness with meds. But sh*t I want it all the time. Food was my everything. It was my time with my family on Friday, to go out and eat at restaurant, or summer time grill sessions with my little family. It was comfort when my plans on something isn't going the way I wanted it to. It was a friend to cozy up to, when I needed to veg in front of tv alone to recharge. It was a friend. And now this friend has been banished sorta. Not forever I know. All of those things I said are not healthy ways to feel. Not all bad with family stuff, but that food was the center of the enjoyment. I've been a couch potato with my partner for 12 years now, and I want/need him to not be one with me anymore. And he's not really wanting to change much. He did go hiking once recently, which was awesome. But I need more of that. And it's looking like I'm gonna have to do it on my own. It makes me sad. Maybe he'll see my motivation, and he'll catch the bug to try more. But I can't count on that. Being a new person is really F*#king hard. I knew this going into it and was totally willing cause of all the benefits. I still have no regrets at all. And even writing this has eased some of the hangry mode. I think my hormone changes are all over the place. I had 2 clients tell me I seem different today. I was like, not in a bad way right? The said just more humbug or mellon collie. I'm thinking to myself, I just decided to change my life and have 42 pounds gone, why the humbug, Mellon collie outer appearance? I should be on cloud friggin 9 right now. I think I have some Man Mensies going on lol. Sorry again for getting this off my chest. I'm always a very positive person, it was just my time to gripe for a moment, and I'll be back to me before you know it ????????????❤️

Edited by Salonboi

Im slowly trying to find interest in my old hobbies. I'm a crafter. I love decorating and making my home fabulous to be in. I'm thinking about taking lessons, to relearn playing my viola, from my grade school years. I went and bought one 2 years ago, to start, but never followed through.. As usual ????

And sorry for being all over the place tonight. I swear no wine was involved lol

Edited by Salonboi

Abdomen became so painful , went to ER. ( believe me, for me to go to ER, you know I'm in a lot of pain)

Diagnosis: diverticulitis. Home on antibiotics. So relieved that it's isn't a surgery complication. Not happy with diverticulitis but could be worse.

Omg I'm so sorry you are in pain ???? so glad it's not surgery related. Rest and take care of yourself. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers ????????????
Thanks I need those prayers right now. Much more painful then the surgery, go figure.

I'm supposed to go back to work in one week and my manager wouldn't be pleased. Yikes. And I want to get back to work.

Again thanks.

Im slowly trying to find interest in my old hobbies. I'm a crafter. I love decorating and making my home fabulous to be in. I'm thinking about taking lessons, to relearn playing my viola, from my grade school years. I went and bought one 2 years ago, to start, but never followed through.. As usual ????

And sorry for being all over the place tonight. I swear no wine was involved lol

You know salonboi, your posts is exactly why I enjoy / need this thread. Need to know that others are feeling and experiencing some of the same things. And yes , feels good to get it off your chest. It sucks to say good bye to one of the things that brought you the most comfort. I think your on the right track you now need to find other things for comfort and enjoyment.

Do you think your true hunger is head hunger ? And you do know will be able to eat more variety in time.

Taste changing , you hit the nail on the head , everything is too sweet for me. As for Protein powders or drinks, I am searching for the one I can tolerate as far as taste.

As you said you knew this wouldn't be easy but until your in and get the real reality of it , you can't possibly know the amount of changes that will need to be made. The life adjustments.

I think it's great your walking trails and finding crafts and hobbies. Keep it up , your partner will get on board and if he doesn't , he will enjoy the new you ????

My thoughts are with you and all the gastric peeps out there.

Oh and don't apologize for potty mouth, sometimes ya just gotta say it the way it is. ????

Rest up and feel better!:(
Thanks Jenn

How is it going with you.

Well today is my day! I'm sitting in the Pre-op area in my gown waiting to get my IV. Surgery is scheduled for noon! Ah!

How are you doing, and welcome to the other side, those thinking of surgery and those now on the losers bench ????

Thanks I need those prayers right now. Much more painful then the surgery, go figure.

I'm supposed to go back to work in one week and my manager wouldn't be pleased. Yikes. And I want to get back to work.

Again thanks.

Oh My, I had this issue pre surgery, and sooooo painful, I thought I was dying!

I hope that you feel better soon.

Rest up and feel better!:(
Thanks Jenn

How is it going with you.

Of course, I hAve never had diverticulitis but I've heard it's painful!:(

As for me, I am doing pretty well. Had my two week post op and was cleared for soft foods! Although the way my CNP was talking, she basically said I could have whatever as long as it's well chewed. I haven't had much weight loss the past 4 days but I credit that to my period because I haven't done anything that I haven't been doing before!

I'm hoping you get to feeling better soon!

On another note

I just started taking the Vitamins today.

I got the advanced multi one so the only other one I would need is Calcium

And

The calcium is yummy

But the multi one....that'll take some getting used to...

I went shopping today! Got some cute dresses (that are shirts on me because I'm so tall) that will still fit as I lose weight!

Happy to announce that I have gone down from a size 3x in shirts or dresses to an XL-2x :) I'm so excited!

Well I had surgery 5/27 and things went well. I'm still in the hospital because I was slow getting fluids in. The biggest issue I have is the gas pain but I've been walking trying to get that out. I'm so glad to have the surgery over with and I'm just ready to be feeling like myself again ????

Well I had surgery 5/27 and things went well. I'm still in the hospital because I was slow getting fluids in. The biggest issue I have is the gas pain but I've been walking trying to get that out. I'm so glad to have the surgery over with and I'm just ready to be feeling like myself again ????

Yep yep yep! Walk as much as you can! That gas pain gets YA!

You know salonboi, your posts is exactly why I enjoy / need this thread. Need to know that others are feeling and experiencing some of the same things. And yes , feels good to get it off your chest. It sucks to say good bye to one of the things that brought you the most comfort. I think your on the right track you now need to find other things for comfort and enjoyment.

Do you think your true hunger is head hunger ? And you do know will be able to eat more variety in time.

Taste changing , you hit the nail on the head , everything is too sweet for me. As for Protein powders or drinks, I am searching for the one I can tolerate as far as taste.

As you said you knew this wouldn't be easy but until your in and get the real reality of it , you can't possibly know the amount of changes that will need to be made. The life adjustments.

I think it's great your walking trails and finding crafts and hobbies. Keep it up , your partner will get on board and if he doesn't , he will enjoy the new you ????

My thoughts are with you and all the gastric peeps out there.

Oh and don't apologize for potty mouth, sometimes ya just gotta say it the way it is. ????

You are so right on all fronts. We just all have to keep on keeping on. And yes it's been head hunger for sure. It really is a B*#ch sometimes.