Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

Abdomen became so painful , went to ER. ( believe me, for me to go to ER, you know I'm in a lot of pain)

Anyway, they did blood work,urine test and cat scan of abdomen.

Diagnosis: diverticulitis. Home on antibiotics. So relieved that it's isn't a surgery complication. Not happy with diverticulitis but could be worse.

Omg I'm so sorry you are in pain ???? so glad it's not surgery related. Rest and take care of yourself. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers ????????????
Thanks I need those prayers right now. Much more painful then the surgery, go figure.

I'm supposed to go back to work in one week and my manager wouldn't be pleased. Yikes. And I want to get back to work.

Again thanks.

I'm hoping that it helped ❤️????????????

Abdomen became so painful , went to ER. ( believe me, for me to go to ER, you know I'm in a lot of pain)

Anyway, they did blood work,urine test and cat scan of abdomen.

Diagnosis: diverticulitis. Home on antibiotics. So relieved that it's isn't a surgery complication. Not happy with diverticulitis but could be worse.

Rest up and feel better!:(
Thanks Jenn

How is it going with you.

Of course, I hAve never had diverticulitis but I've heard it's painful!:(

As for me, I am doing pretty well. Had my two week post op and was cleared for soft foods! Although the way my CNP was talking, she basically said I could have whatever as long as it's well chewed. I haven't had much weight loss the past 4 days but I credit that to my period because I haven't done anything that I haven't been doing before!

I'm hoping you get to feeling better soon!

Yeah, I heard it was awful ????. Congrats on graduating to next level with food. I'm finding still that my tastes have really changed, and nothing has been comforting to reintroduce lol. I guess that's good lol

Well I had surgery 5/27 and things went well. I'm still in the hospital because I was slow getting fluids in. The biggest issue I have is the gas pain but I've been walking trying to get that out. I'm so glad to have the surgery over with and I'm just ready to be feeling like myself again ????

So happy you are doing well ????❤️ and congratulations on being on the Losers Bench now. It's an amazing feeling, but know the work begins now. I never had the expectation of it being a miracle right away, and knew it required me to do my part, but damn, this is a lot of work lol. Work that is so challenging emotionally and physically. The head hunger has been a monster to me a few times recently. I'm working on that with professional help. But I find old food comfort thoughts trying to make me think about them. And that scares me, hence the professional help. I chose this week, to get on anxiety and antidepressant meds. Just to take the edge off some. I don't want it to affect my family life or professional life with my clients. They all mean the world to me, and don't deserve my sour attitude lol. I'm not trying to scare you, don't think that please, I'm just keeping it real, for your after hospital life. And I do not for one second regret this surgery. I know I'm trying to better myself and it's gonna take time to tear down those walls of fat I built around my head/heart. I wish you the best of luck on your journey, and welcome to the May Peeps post. You will absolutely love everyone here. No negative Nancy's here. But truthful with info . And please vent away if need be. I sure did last night on here, and Damn it felt friggin good. ❤️????

Well I had surgery 5/27 and things went well. I'm still in the hospital because I was slow getting fluids in. The biggest issue I have is the gas pain but I've been walking trying to get that out. I'm so glad to have the surgery over with and I'm just ready to be feeling like myself again ????

Yep yep yep! Walk as much as you can! That gas pain gets YA!
Omg yes, WALK WALK WALK. So true...

I went shopping today! Got some cute dresses (that are shirts on me because I'm so tall) that will still fit as I lose weight!

Happy to announce that I have gone down from a size 3x in shirts or dresses to an XL-2x :) I'm so excited!

Yay!!! How exciting for you ❤️???????? that had to be so amazingly wonderful!!!!

I went shopping today! Got some cute dresses (that are shirts on me because I'm so tall) that will still fit as I lose weight!

Happy to announce that I have gone down from a size 3x in shirts or dresses to an XL-2x :) I'm so excited!

Hooray. That's the best part, when clothes sizes go down and you have proof your losing weight.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words! @@Salonboi thanks for being so real and open you have been so helpful. I get to go home today and honestly I think my biggest struggle is going to be pain management. I didn't think it was because I just had a c section 11 months ago, my 4th one and I tolerated that pain very well. Once I get my pain level down I think I can handle it.

Hi all. Was doing well up to this morning I woke up with a pain in my shoulder which goes up to my neck and head and when in sit up and drink Water my abdomen feel like it is on fire. If lay down it goes away and if I stand and walk my abdomen hurts bad. I called the surgeon and he said to give it a hour and if it don't go away then go to the er. Anyone e else feel this?

Hi Jaysen.

I have mine tomorrow. 31st May.

Good luck.

Hey ???? I wish you a speedy recovery and welcome to the May Peeps Thread ????

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words! @@Salonboi thanks for being so real and open you have been so helpful. I get to go home today and honestly I think my biggest struggle is going to be pain management. I didn't think it was because I just had a c section 11 months ago, my 4th one and I tolerated that pain very well. Once I get my pain level down I think I can handle it.

For me it was the combination of gas in my abdomen, the grogginess from anesthetic and pain meds. I didn't walk much the first few days, but when I did it did seem to help so much.

Hi all. Was doing well up to this morning I woke up with a pain in my shoulder which goes up to my neck and head and when in sit up and drink Water my abdomen feel like it is on fire. If lay down it goes away and if I stand and walk my abdomen hurts bad. I called the surgeon and he said to give it a hour and if it don't go away then go to the er. Anyone e else feel this?

Gosh man I hope it's nothing serious. Maybe it's just some gas still trapped in ya!? Keep us posted and my thoughts and prayers will be with ya ????????????

Today I'm missing my old friend food again ???? I'm ready for that part to be gone. Normally Friday was our little families night to go out to eat. I looked forward to it a lot, as we all can't be together as much as we want with our schedules. I know I could go out and order a salad, but I really don't wanna spend $10 bucks on something so cheaply made at home. Ya know?

Pool time has started here for us in the south east kinda. It's been a bit rainy and a little to cool at night, keeping pool Water a bit chilly. Pool time was one of my get out of the house things, just to keep my mind off food. It'll get there, heat wise I know. Then I'll be Bi#*hing it's to hot lol.

I guess I feel like I'm failing with my diet some too. I'm really not though.. Sounds crazy I know. I found a ham lunch meat I like, and I wrap it around a low fat cheese stick. Definitely good. Some of my feelings are coming from not having convenient food to grab anymore. The snack, get ya fat crap.. Maybe my laziness is trying to take over again. I've not done as well with meal planning this week. I did have stuff still on hand, just not enough variety I guess.

It's all a mind set at this point, and I'm trying to win right now.

My partner is doing slightly better, as he's trying to lose a little weight himself. But it would really be nice for us to establish more family fun night stuff, to take up that emptiness. Maybe that's what it is, Emptiness!!! And I'm just trying to fill that hole. It's been empty awhile, so I guess it'll take time to fill it!!!

Thanks again for letting me just write out my feelings. I hope nobody minds. It really helps me getting it out. I usually bottle it all up. ❤️????

In er now the did a chest x-ray and dr says looks like it is ruptured. Ok shocked I've been doing well sticking to the liquid diet. I was super constipated last night and pushing hard so the dr said that could have done it waiting on a CT scan to make sure he said it could also just be gas.

In er now the did a chest x-ray and dr says looks like it is ruptured. Ok shocked I've been doing well sticking to the liquid diet. I was super constipated last night and pushing hard so the dr said that could have done it waiting on a CT scan to make sure he said it could also just be gas.

Man alive, I hope you don't have to have more surgery.. Maybe it is the gas. You couldn't of pushed that hard.. If anything hemroids would be the issue ???? but obviously I'm no doc. Please keep us posted and prayers are sent up for ya ????????????

Edited by Salonboi

Oh wow. Thats rough , fingers crossed your cat scan says otherwise , no rupture. Get better soon.