Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

In er now the did a chest x-ray and dr says looks like it is ruptured. Ok shocked I've been doing well sticking to the liquid diet. I was super constipated last night and pushing hard so the dr said that could have done it waiting on a CT scan to make sure he said it could also just be gas.

Oh goodness! This isn't good news at all! :(

Keep us all posted, please..

Well today is my day! I'm sitting in the Pre-op area in my gown waiting to get my IV. Surgery is scheduled for noon! Ah!

How are you doing, and welcome to the other side, those thinking of surgery and those now on the losers bench ????
Thanks @nancynew. I'm doing ok. My surgeon doesn't believe in pain meds except for IV Tylenol and needless to say that wasn't cutting it after surgery so I was in a lot of pain. I stayed an extra day because I wasn't about to go home and be told to suck it up with Tylenol. So I'm home now with just Tylenol. It's been a rough start but I hope things get better from here on out.

Well today is my day! I'm sitting in the Pre-op area in my gown waiting to get my IV. Surgery is scheduled for noon! Ah!

How are you doing, and welcome to the other side, those thinking of surgery and those now on the losers bench ????
Thanks @nancynew. I'm doing ok. My surgeon doesn't believe in pain meds except for IV Tylenol and needless to say that wasn't cutting it after surgery so I was in a lot of pain. I stayed an extra day because I wasn't about to go home and be told to suck it up with Tylenol. So I'm home now with just Tylenol. It's been a rough start but I hope things get better from here on out.
I can't believe he doesn't believe in pain meds. Very odd. I would of demanded them. The first few days were rough, but get better each day. I should have walked more than I did. I was just to weak from no calories going in lol. Good luck to ya ????????????

Ok ct finally done. Dr reviewed said there is lots of air in my abdomen so there is a leak. They will have to go in and see where the leak is. Cause its been three weeks and all the air should have ben adsorbed. Pray my me my friends

Ok ct finally done. Dr reviewed said there is lots of air in my abdomen so there is a leak. They will have to go in and see where the leak is. Cause its been three weeks and all the air should have ben adsorbed. Pray my me my friends

I'm so sorry ???? you definitely will be in my thoughts and prayers ???????? you are strong and have made it this far, so here's to looking forward, and life being pain free for ya ????

Oh gosh! Oh no! That's terrible news! But you're tough! Keep a positive attitude and keep us posted what they do! We're all thinking about you!

We are all thinking of you for sure.

Sending prayers and best wishes.

@@RNYGal

I'm sure your doctor is a good surgeon but no pain meds after invasive abdominal surgery just isn't right. How did you beat the pain.

I know I could've never done it. Did Tylenol help. Other then that , happy to hear your surgery went well and your beginning your journey. Wishing you the best.

Praying for an easy resolution & speedy recovery for you. You are definitely in my thoughts tonight. Hope that you are pain free soon.

Hi all thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Maybe some good news, the bariatric surgeon looked at the CT scan and.said it is a localized and contained leaked (what ever that means) but I won't have to do the surgery just.stay in the hospital for 4 o4 5 day being fed intravenous absolutely nothing.through the mouth to give the leak time.to heal.

Hi all thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Maybe some good news, the bariatric surgeon looked at the CT scan and.said it is a localized and contained leaked (what ever that means) but I won't have to do the surgery just.stay in the hospital for 4 o4 5 day being fed intravenous absolutely nothing.through the mouth to give the leak time.to heal.

Dear Friend,

Definitely praying for a speedy recovery and that the Master Physician will grant healing and a future of success on this weight loss journey.

Please keep us informed. ????

This is worst pain imaginable that I have ever felt and I thought gout was the worst. Lol. Imagine being over inflated like a basketball. Lol I asked can't you just insert a tube to release some pressure? They do it for the brain and the lungs why can't the do it for the abdomen.

You demand something for pain!!!! Seriously!! There is no reason they shouldn't be giving you something--narcotics will not hurt you now!!!!

Edited by Mrs. Schu

They have been giving me dilauded and it does work so far only percoset is the only thing just.barley working.

Try to relax and let the meds do their job! Think happy thoughts and know you have lots of Bariatricpals pulling for you!!!!