Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel the need to go "Hog Wild"

I stuck to my pre-op two week liquid diet 98 percent of the time. I think I ate a cheese stick once or twice, that was my only cheat... my doc made me scared that i needed to buckle down and shrink my liver... I am a scardy cat. Before pre-op i had some last meals... they were good

LipstickLady: You are so beautiful, what an inspiration for those of us still trying to reach our

goal. I can't wait to say "I did it".

LipstickLady: I totally get where you're coming from. I've been "dieting" for at least the past 8 weeks and have lost 15 pounds. I haven't done the whole liver shrinking diet, but I've practicing how I will have to eat in the future. Eating with a smaller plate and a baby spoon, chewing everything fully, taking more than 30 seconds between bites, things life that. (An added benefit is that my shirts are cleaner. :D

It's just that I'm hitting the wall now and I wanted to taste some of those things that I won't be able to have for the next 3-4 months or more. So far I've avoided doing so today but I really want a Philly cheese Steak before I go out in flames.

Last night I went to two separate Walgreen's to buy them out of their Boost Glucose Control, (I could have made it in one trip but I really don't like chocolate and they didn't have enough very vanilla or strawberry to last me through the next 2 weeks. So now I'm all set!!! I have all of my dinners, lunches and breakfasts to last me through the pre-op diet phase.

What I need to do next is order my high Protein bullions so that I'm ready for my post-op liquid diet phase. I'll be getting this through Bariatric Choice.

But to be honest, just being able to read these posts and write a little, help take the time away rom eating. So I guess I'll be doing more of that over the upcoming months. Thanks for being here.

:unsure:

LipstickLady: You are so beautiful, what an inspiration for those of us still trying to reach our

goal. I can't wait to say "I did it".

Awwww....thank you. You will totally get there.

@@donald0717

One of my favorite dinners now is steak and cheese! I buy really thinly sliced rare roast beef and chop it, caramelize some onions, throw in the beef and then top with whole milk mozzarella and provolone. I eat it without bread because bread makes me gag, but when I really want the sandwich, I roll it in a low carb tortilla. It's delicious.

They taste even better because my pants don't feel too tight and I'm not bloated the next day. :D

I'm on Day 4 and last night I had some lightly salted cashews (the whole bag) 3 servings. I did so well through out the day and it I was desperately wanting something salty and crunchy I should have chose something better. After reading this I feel scared straight. I convinced myself that I was picking a healthy choice but The 14th is my pre admission with hospital and Dr. I have a higher bmi and I'm so stressed. Today is a new day and I'm sipping my Water and sticking to the plan.

Today is day 7 of my pre op and I'm not feeling myself. Feel light headed like I'm gonna faint and major headache. I cannot take any meds. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I felt light-headed and headachy for the entirety of my pre-op diet. Ridiculous calorie restriction and ketosis will do that to you.

I'm doing the food funerals. But wasn't given a preop liquid diet. I'm not gorging, but I am enjoying a few things I won't have post op. I'm going to stick to the diet strictly. Today I had a hamburger. :)

Today is day 7 of my pre op and I'm not feeling myself. Feel light headed like I'm gonna faint and major headache. I cannot take any meds. Is anyone else experiencing this?

You should call your dr-if they are removing meds cold turkey & you feel faint.. I was taken off only metformin & birth control (and still on a bunch of others) when I did the diet. My blood sugar was great-if you have diabetes, watch your numbers too.

@bluegrass: That is such a scary story! I wish all surgeons would share that story!

Funny thing is...I never had the food funerals. I almost wish I had. My head hunger keeps saying "If only I had _______ one more time before my surgery." Somehow I lost the memo that "Hey! You are never going to eat these things again!" And, there are certainly things I do miss. I miss carbonation. Of course, I am "early out." Maybe I will forget how they taste???