Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reversal for gastric sleeve?

I urinate twice a day. Before surgery I'd go 5-6 times a day. But I loved Water.

I am so sorry that you are going through this too but at least we aren't alone. I have begun to resent people who think this was wonderful and have no problems! They act like I'm crazy just like the hateful doctor who did this to me. I figure they need to be happy they didn't have to go through this and show some compassion. (Oops, yes I am bitter).

If I get any hope from a real GI doctor I will let you know! I'm praying for it!!!

We HAVE to make it! Stay strong and I will.

I'm sorry your experience has been so negative. This has literally been the easiest thing I have ever done. It appears to be the luck of the draw. Some people have complications and issues and others don't.

Bless your heart. It is so discouraging I know. To think that you do not have a good support system from your doctor is just so ridiculous. If only they could understand and -- I mean REALLY- understand what this is like! This whole experience has not been what I had hoped either. There are days that I wished I could go back to that day I had this surgery, but I can't. If it had not been for this website I think I would have literally lost my mind-- (I still might). I wish I could offer you solutions on the Protein situations but unfortunately I have not had good luck with the protein situation either. However, it seems as though the others have some great ideas as to how to help you. I just want you to know that you are not alone and you will get through this. I tell myself everyday "Ok you made your choice so learn to live with it". If I didn't say this to myself I guess I would lay in the bed and cry all day. Good luck to you. Hang in there! ????

ggvan, you are so right. I have also started an antidepressant (family doc) which helps the emotional part. I know I have no option but to succeed now. My concern is that without some change I will die eventually of malnutrition. I am SO dang weak I'm taking off work a LOT. Thankfully I never missed before so I have some time built up. I am a single parent of 2 teens with a major dead-beat ex.

I was promised more energy. Uh....LIES!!!

Someone in an authority position should do a thorough study to see if there is a connection of some sort between the "easy breezy" post ops and us "biggest mistake" folks. They could potentially spare a lot of folks torment. This has been Hell on Earth and my poor kids have suffered with me having ZERO energy and living with nausea. We do NOTHING for fun now and I CANNOT cook for them or I am in the bathroom vomiting from the smells. I just BET there would be a common denominator. One may be the doctor in my case. He damaged my lung, yells at me for drinking skim milk, TELLS me I am not really nauseous, gave me a hiatal hernia, and refuses to prescribe PPT's or acid reducers. So he IS part of my problem. But I have 3 other friends who used him and also hate his guts but didn't have problems to the degree that I have. I AM 10-15 years older than them?? Age?

I am doubling my Protonix and Pepcid until I get to GI doctor to see if it helps. Thank you for not acting like I am a wimp or like I am crazy. I'm not. I'm a medical professional so I know what is right and wrong with my body and I also not every medical person is out to do right or is skilled where they should be. I drew a bad straw!!! But I plan to survive for my kids in spite of Dr Death. :-)

Man that stinks. I would be interested to see what a study of easy breezy vs post -op from hell. It can't be age, because I'm no spring chicken.

I really don't understand your doctor not wanting to prescribe a PPI. Mine put me on one prophylactically. Hopefully the new doctor can resolve you issue. There's another poster here who has worse acid than yours. She is considering a revision to RNY.

I feel so badly that you have had such a terrible time. I too would be interested to know if there is a "common denominator." Like BLERDgirl, my surgery and recovery has been easy and I am also not a "Spring Chick"... I don't really have any words of wisdom. I do think you are on the right track and with good medical care you can get past this.

Hope all works out. We are all pulling for you!

Have you tried genpro Protein powder? It unflavored, try it!!

I don't think OP's issue is the type of protein. She's having an extreme case of nausea and acid/GERD.

I really hope you turn the corner now with a new doc and the addition of acid blockers. I forgot to take mine one day and when I drank my Protein drink it made me feel so ill, I eventually spit up/threw up a couple of mouthfuls of what looked like cottage cheese. I swear the acid in my stomach had curdled it. I never forget to take them now!!! I hope that your problem is just stomach acid, because that will be easily remedied with the PPIs.

It's sad to read this about your health. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to get through this without a good medical team to help move you in the right direction. I agree with the advice everyone gave you about finding a good bariatric and GI doctor to work with. Forget the past doctor and move forward with someone who can get your health back on track. I find the shakes a bit overwhelming also so I have been using Isopure liquid Protein Drinks diluted with Water. Warm water with lemon is also hydrating if you can tolerate it. Please don't give up there are many good doctors who can deal with these issues. I will keep you in my prayers.

Besides your nausea, If you are having a hard time drinking Water I just want you to know that is not uncommon for many people. It took me six or more months before I could comfortably drink Water. I found out that water has high surface tension so for me it "stacks up" in my sleeve (or it did I am now 2 years out and drink water normally). But at your stage I felt like even water was getting stuck and could only drink tiny sips. Thankfully I experimented by mixing water with diet cranberry juice, diet ice tea like Snapple, or Gatorade and that would lower that surface tension and I could get my fluids in. Before doing that I was getting close to dehydration but this trick worked.

So while it won't solve all the issues, some people just can't tolerate plain water for quite some time post op. Even my doctor who is very good didn't know this could happen. Fortunately I can now gulp water down again and getting water stuck is only a memory. I hope your difficulties will only be a bad memory for you too very soon!

Besides your nausea, If you are having a hard time drinking Water I just want you to know that is not uncommon for many people. It took me six or more months before I could comfortably drink Water. I found out that water has high surface tension so for me it "stacks up" in my sleeve (or it did I am now 2 years out and drink water normally). But at your stage I felt like even water was getting stuck and could only drink tiny sips. Thankfully I experimented by mixing water with diet cranberry juice, diet ice tea like Snapple, or Gatorade and that would lower that surface tension and I could get my fluids in. Before doing that I was getting close to dehydration but this trick worked.

So while it won't solve all the issues, some people just can't tolerate plain water for quite some time post op. Even my doctor who is very good didn't know this could happen. Fortunately I can now gulp water down again and getting water stuck is only a memory. I hope your difficulties will only be a bad memory for you too very soon!

Me too! I just could not choke down plain water for months. I drank apple juice diluted 50/50 with water. It was higher in sugar than I wanted but I got fluids in and it didn't stop my weight loss.

THANK YOU!!!! See this is the kind of stuff it would have been nice if I could have discussed it with my doctor.

I love this site! You are all helping me. I'm TRYING to pump up my bravery! I'm testing so we will see. I found a berry flavored Protein and I tried it in a vanilla Greek yogurt....nope. Not my thing. Lol. Maybe I put to much. I MAY try again.

I am doing well with Sobe waters, Vitamin waters, and Powerade with a little Water added. I got 32 oz Powerade in yesterday!! Not much food but fluids are starting to make it thanks to suggestions on here! Your posts are appreciated more than you know!!!

I had the same problem with a doctor. Pompous doesn't begin to go there and being labelled when I'm looking for someone to help calm the new day new issue, it was just ridiculous. We can't change over here in this area. I'm hoping things are getting better for you. I actually didn't have as much problem until I started eating. It seemed like the connection between the brain and food/stomach/hunger was cut along with the stomach. I have no idea, I could look at food and it would be like looking at a chair. Thinking about food, the brain just like ... had no clue. If I tried to advance beyond a certain measure it was pain, so I ate little and only a few foods. I got harped on so badly, I'm associating all the nagging and fussing by the doctor (everyone else was like hey, fix her pain on eating, she'll be good). I can certainly understand how you feel.

I will just add one piece of advice, and some on here may disagree with it, but it is to take the pressure off yourself a little.

If you're having trouble getting in your Protein, then don't put pressure on yourself - get in as much as you can and leave it at that. Maybe even take a week off from measuring it. I found after my surgery the worst thing was feeling like my life was being consumed by measuring, counting and forcing myself to consume things I didn't want to.

Now, don't get me wrong - keep yourself hydrated, keep your energy levels up - but the constant measuring and counting and the pressure really got me down.

I hope you feel better soon - I hated my sleeve for the first week or two, I can't imagine how awful it would be to feel like that for months.