Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reversal for gastric sleeve?

He did get some biopsies but couldn't get to the mass seen on CT. He saw a stricture but could not get to it until swelling goes down. I have a mess. But this doctor CARES!!! He told my daughter that I WILL get better soon!!! Upper GI Thursday and go from there. I see hope now.

Upper GI today. Severe inflammation from acid in lower esophagus and upper stomach. (Hmmmm maybe a PPI or acid reducer would have been an idea! But NO, not for Dr Arrogant).

Anyway, Carafate FOUR times a day PLUS the new PPI (starts with a D something like....Dexalon) twice a day. Then if the swelling is down enough in a month then another scope attempt.

I do have hope now. I am in good, compassionate hands so I WILL be okay.

Interesting fact: Barium is amazing at easing off stomach pain and burning!! I actually ATE 2 oz of moist chicken right after the test and it didn't hurt!!!

I have hope. I'd still reverse it but for now I'll take feeling good. And I see that on MY horizon.

I will keep you posted and I wouldn't be where I am now without the encouragement from all of you.

Thank you!

@Gladys62 This is great news! Not so much that you have a severe inflammation but that this is something very treatable. Hopefully this will start you on the path to wellness. I am very surprised that your physician did not order a PPI for at least a month or so. I thought most docs did. Good thing you are out of that practice.

One thing I thought about regarding people's experiences. This reminds me very much of pregnancies. Years ago, when I was having my son, I felt great and never had morning sickness. My sister thought her experience would be the same. She, however, was sick for 6 months straight! It was one of those crazy things and no one can figure out why. I was one of those who had a wonderful, easy experience with this surgery. Why? I have no idea but I am grateful for it. I hope that this experience will turn itself around and your experience will become a great one also.

@@Gladys62 - Glad to see you are getting some relief. I had to laugh because you must be the first person I've meet who liked the barium. lol Once those PPI's really kick in you should be a whole lot more comfortable.

Thank you so much "samuelsmom" for the encouraging words. I asked for a PPI at first and was told that I didn't need it. Oh well, he was wrong.

I'm feeling so much better psychologically! I have hope!

Oh, I love your name. My precious grandson is named Samuel.

@BLERDgirl- I am going to try to track me some bootleg Barium!! Lol

@Gladys62- My Samuel is my 22 year old son who is in the Navy. He found it quite amusing when he found out my "screen name" Lol.

I have actually eaten food since Thursday!! It's amazing! The barium coated my system and the pain stopped. I ate!

The UGI showed "erosion" so my two doses of Dexilant daily and 4 doses of Carafate daily are helping!! Still can't handle Protein Shakes (they burn) but soft meat is working!! I actually have some energy today!! I think I am going to live.

My GI is going to attempt the scope again in May to check the stitch he saw so There may be more work to be done but getting in more than 200-300 calories a day has made me feel so much better. Almost at 800 today!!!

The support on here has kept me fighting!! Thank you from my children and me!!! I am going to live!!

@@Gladys62 Very very happy for you! Congratulations! I also had Carafate and the like. :) Glad to know things are getting better.

The Premier Protein shakes are okay but all the Protein Shakes irritate my esophagus and stomach. I'm trying to get all of my Protein with meat and Greek yogurt for now. The shakes feel like they just stick to the irritated places and burn. They aren't an option right now.

Gladys62, I have been reading your journey. I don't know if you've found a new bariatric surgeon but I am in Slidell and have the most amazing Dr ! If you would like his info, I will gladly pass it along. He is so caring, gives out his cell, his dietician emails me back right away with my crazy questions. You deserve good care. Please let me know if I can help

I used Balder from Slidell and he is connected to that group there. I figured that none of them would touch me now.

I have found an amazing GI doctor here at home who doesn't like bariatric doctors in general so he is focused on getting me well with a vengeance. Lol. I am now an "anti-bariatric" spokesperson for him.

On a positive note he has my stomach pain reduced considerably! AND I am eating some now! I am getting 50 g of Protein in food daily so I am thrilled. I will never be able to go to another bariatric surgeon for psychological reasons (fear and lack of trust).

I appreciate your advice and I am very jealous, but even IF your doctor would accept me, which I doubt, mentally I couldn't do it now. I feel safe and cared about where I am finally.

UNLESS..., the attempted scoping left my doctor wondering about my stitches being a problem and they may have to be corrected. In that case, he said I will probably have to go to a bariatric for corrections and I will die before I go back to be treated like dirt by the hateful man I went to. He will attempt to scope again in May after the new medicines have had time to work. If I do need repairs I would like to find someone good to do it IF I can find someone to clean up after another doctor. I may need that name then.

I know I am very negative and I hate it but this has been extremely scary for me as a single mother worrying about leaving two children. And if you could experience the coldness I get when I talk to that doctor you would understand even more. I have heard since my hell that he does have a compassionate partner in the group but I can't remember the name. I may need it but I PRAY I don't.

That isn't negative. Telling the truth about your experiences is not that. You had a bad one. I also did but in a different way. We tell these things so others learn from our experiences. They don't get the same experience and exert pressure on those who do to have a good one.