Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So tell me how you REALLY feel...

My husband is muscular and in shape....nothing has changed that I'm aware of still just as in love :) maybe more so because I feel better. Our Anniversary is next week (Easter) We are going to a nice B&B in Eureka Springs Arkansas that next weekend. We will see how the sexy lingerie fitting goes?

I absolutely love Eureka Springs..... it's about 10 hours from me.... Hot springs is nice too. A few years back we rode the Harley up there... great ride.. Except for the chicken shit smell... hehe... NW Ar has a lot of chicken farms...

Well I hated my lose skin and im so happy with my TT. My husband didn't want me to have it... not because he is ok with the skin, but because he hates the "attention" that comes with it. I was luck in that i didn't have bat wings and the boobs started as a 44H and are still a 34H... No deflating at all... I do wish some would have gone away. But it is what it is.

I'll add my male perspective on this...

I am not happy about the extra skin. I am doing everything I can to minimize it four months post surgery. (Protein, Water, limit sun, cool showers, exercise to put as much muscle on as I can, and moisturize). I do remind myself the extra skin looks much better than the fat.

Since I date women my own age (51), I can tell you gravity is the universal equalizer. Every woman who has had kids, is going to have things that an airbrushed SI swimsuit model doesn't have. Yes I notice, but I don't care. Confidence is the sexist thing you bring to the bedroom.

I hate it. HATE IT. I am 100% having plastics when I'm at goal. That being said, even though my husband is supportive of my choice to have the works done, he doesn't mind the "current state of affairs".

My man is not concerned about floppity skin. We are "lights on" in this house. However, since my insurance will pay for a panni at two years post-op, I will probably do that, but no way am I spending limited retirement money on a Tummy Tuck or other skin reductions. At 64, it is not worth the bother.

I'm now one year post-op and have lost about 115 lbs - with 25 yet to go. I've been working out at the gym and walking (now running) since the surgery, and I feel so good I almost wouldn't care how I look. I do dislike my flat saggy flat boobs, and my wrinkly saggy stomach and thighs, but mostly that's cover-able. My husband thinks I look so great he doesn't care at all about the loose skin, etc. He's definitely a breast man too, and even the deflating of those hasn't bothered him as much as it does me. With summer swimming and beaches coming I mostly wish I could hide the wrinkly saggy-ness of my thighs - but my arms aren't really that terrible. When I'm tempted to look at them critically and see all that crepey skin, I immediately notice how toned the muscles have gotten, and that totally distracts me from any negativity!

I love my body and don't want to change anything... Sags and all! And my husband seems content too. Lol!

I'm not loving my loose skin, the batwings and Panni/tummy are not super sexy, but the guy I'm dating right now doesn't care at all. He actually seems to really enjoy my body completely. I HATE HATE HATE my boobs, but he keeps trying his hardest to make me okay with them. I am planning a boob job in the next year/two years, or after I have a kid. Not sure if I can wait that long. I can live with the rest of it, in fact it doesn't bother me overly much, but the boobs...Oy.

power of positive thinking.... I keep telling myself, that I would rather have that loose skin than the 100+ pounds I have lost in the last 7 months. I notice it most when I am doing shirtless pushups before bed and I can see it all hanging there, but honestly not as bad as I thought. I do have another 25 pounds to go and perhaps that is when the skin will really start to hang. my wife loves my transformation. she can really lock her arms around me now. of course we all know the other benefits as well in regards to the horizontal mambo! 10/10 would choose to do the surgery all over again. I would entertain the TT/panni (what ever the difference is) when I get down to goal.

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I I think I'll be fine with it.

I don't know how my wife will feel about it though.

Anything is better than what we have now. Neither one of us has ever been shy about nudity or being nude while we're overweight. Hell, we went to a nudist resort in 2011(we were both 50+lbs lighter than now) for our anniversary just for the experience.

Things that are easy for skinny people are just harder when you're big. Sitting on the floor playing with the kids, running/exercising, sex(my #1 reason for getting sleeved). I've always been a gym-rat, so I'm hoping shedding the first 50-70 lbs will make going to the gym for the last 20-30 all that much easier, and the weight training will reduce the amount/appearance of any extra skin.

If the extra skin really bothers either one of us, I'll get it removed.

Edited by Rhodes

I have battled obesity all my life because of how I felt ......and the perceived notions of what others looking at me thought. I have been married several times and they all said the weight never bothered them. I really didn't believe them or anyone else. What are they gonna say....."you look terrible and fat?" (not exactly great for a relationship) I am not naiive.......People tell you what you want to hear. And I am not blind or stupid either. I was fat and I looked terrible.

So, all that being said.....I don't expect much to change even though I have lost the weight. People will still notice the obvious and so do I. I hate the loose skin, and wrinkles and saggy stuff. And just as soon as I can afford it, I'm gonna try to fix what is realistic. In the meantime....at least now I can hide most of it under clothes. ;)

I hated my loose skin. Took care of that as soon as I could! I feel sexier and my clothes fit better.