Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please say it gets better!!!!!! I can barely get Water down much less Liquid Protein.

I haven't had the surgery yet or even received the ok from my insurance. I just wanted to offer support and say I hope it gets better for you. If you feel anything "off", talk to your surgeon/doctor!

It gets so much better. You are still dealing with the anesthesia. Once that is out of your system things will be back to normal

I am 2 weeks +1 day post. The first day I couldn't (or wasn't allowed ) to drink anything. Day 2 I feel like i barely got any Water in me. Day 3 and so on got easier. It will happen. Hang in there.

I'm 16 days post op and yes it will get much much better. I was miserable the first week everything I put in my mouth hurt but now things are going down much better the main problem I have is the acid coming up but my doc just put me on something stronger so hopefully it helps. Stay positive and good luck :)

Edited by hsvice

You will notice that each day is dramatically better than the day before!!! Slow and steady! I was still drinking out of the little bitty one-ounce cup that they had at the hospital when I was 2 days post-op because I didn't want to drink too much at once. I would sip about 1/4 ounce at a time. I couldn't have Protein drinks until day 3 post-op - just Clear liquids for those 2 days. It does get better! Much better!

I had my surgery on 3/24 and was released to go home on 3/25. I have followed doctor's orders - walking, sipping Water, crystal light and broth until Saturday, but I have nausea and it does not go away. Every time I drink it feels like there is metal in my mouth. Any suggestions for getting rid of the nausea?

Edited by MariaA

Yes it gets better. Your stomach is swollen, it will go down.

Please say it gets better!!!!!! I can barely get Water down much less Liquid Protein.< /p>

I felt the exact same way! I was miserable and didn't see any end in sight! Happy to report it does get better, you will be able to drink. And the pain will subside. I'll be three months out on the 31st of this month. Other than the extreme restriction, I'm pretty normal. I credit that to staying hydrated throughout the day. ????

Mine was yesterday and let me say miserable isn't even a word for this. The pain is out of this world. I try to get up and walk and feel my insides shifting and get nauseous. I pray this gets better, I'm seriously second guessing myself lol.

It does get better. Chew some ice chips. That's what got my through the first couple of days. you just had surgery. I had instant regret but the pain does get better and it's much easier when the nausea goes away. If they gave u Zofran or any anti nausea take it. And take your pain meds. Get some rest and definitely walk when you can. Hope you feel better soon.

I am 1 month 1 day post op i have lost 32lbs and it does get better! I was cleared for solids at my 1 month check up and i had a cheese omelette and treated myself to a tiffanys necklace! The first month will go faster than you think there is light at the end of the tunnel! X

I'm day 3 post but day 2 was ok. I'm still in bed so I don't know how day 3s gonna go lol