Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone see "Big Medicine"?

Dr. Robert Davis was my surgeon and Garth is my fill doctor. I was only Dr. Robert's third lap band. Garth is more experienced since it is the newer surgery. Dr. Robert advocates gastric bypass and tried to talk me into it. I was afraid however. It has been very difficult so far getting the fills I need in this 10cc VG band to meet with success.

I like the show. Those guys really are kind and compassionate. I was really impressed that Garth came to all the support meetings and answered any and all questions. That was before the film crew started coming.

I guess the really big people are more interesting and thats why they show people with very high BMI's.

The psychologist, Mary Jo, is coming off like an itch-bay on the show. She is really a nice lady but she doesn't mince words. Yes, she is very thin and a real sharp dresser and beautiful. She specializes in addictions. She is cool even tho she is a skinny person.

I like the show but sometimes it is too painful to watch.

I was truly elated to see there will be a lap patient airing next week! Long time coming!

The Melina band (from what I researched a while back when someone mentioned it) is a non adjustable band. It ended up having the same types of issues as we can have (slippage, erosion) but the biggest problem that I read about was the band getting to tight (from swelling of the irritated stomach). Perhaps that's why someone started researching making an adjustable one.

I think that it is a good show. It is good to see that other people are having the same problems that everone else has. I am looking forward to seeing the lapband being done. For the newbeeis it helps them to understand a lot of the issues that some have all ready been through and what others will be going through. This groups has helped out a lot.

Chris

Pre Band:clap2:

hey

what night is the lapband on? i looked on monday night and it's about an 800 lb man needing extra EMT's to transport???

i would like to see the lap band one

thanks

hey

what night is the lapband on? i looked on monday night and it's about an 800 lb man needing extra EMT's to transport???

i would like to see the lap band one

thanks

It will be next Monday's episode (7/9). I can't wait. I Tivo this show. I watched this week's episode again and I felt so bad for Marc. You know the guy you mentioned. He had to be sent home b/c insurance didn't want to pay for GB...but happy ending (if you didn't see it) - he got a call from the docs saying insurance would cover. WOOHOO! He really needed GB.

thks chimboree

i looked up next monday so maybe my guide is wrong. i will tape it.

thanks for getting back to me

One of these days I'm going to have to catch it. Haven't seen it yet. I just think it will be weird to see Garth on national TV week after week.

I can't wait for every Monday to come to watch both shows. I just don't understand how someone can reach those weights, they can hardly move in the bed, their legs are beyond me, I really feel like a skinny person, maybe that's why I watch it. If they are so bed bound how do they reach those weights? On a couple of shows it showed the mother feeding her son, but it didn't show anyone else. someone needs to bring them food because they can't even stand up without using the crane. The pain in their face is evident and I really wish every one of them could get help. The insurance companies sometimes play God with their decisions. they kept Mark in the hospital and paid for numerous days when he could have had surgery and been out. I can't eat, can hardly drink Crystal Lite because I am so awestruck. If they check into the Brookhaven Clinic they need to stop all the junk food, I know it's up to the patient, but come on. There is probably a lot of fast food deliveries but they need to lock the doors. These patients can hardly walk but they seem to open the door for the food deliveries, unbelievable. anyway, there is a lap band coming up and I will be watching.

One of these days I'm going to have to catch it. Haven't seen it yet. I just think it will be weird to see Garth on national TV week after week.

TV Guide says it will be on tonight (or tomorrow morning if you want to get technical) at 12:00am (EST) on TLC. It's s'posed to be the episode from this past Monday night.

I can't wait for every Monday to come to watch both shows. I just don't understand how someone can reach those weights, they can hardly move in the bed, their legs are beyond me, I really feel like a skinny person, maybe that's why I watch it. If they are so bed bound how do they reach those weights? On a couple of shows it showed the mother feeding her son, but it didn't show anyone else. someone needs to bring them food because they can't even stand up without using the crane. The pain in their face is evident and I really wish every one of them could get help. The insurance companies sometimes play God with their decisions. they kept Mark in the hospital and paid for numerous days when he could have had surgery and been out. I can't eat, can hardly drink Crystal Lite because I am so awestruck. If they check into the Brookhaven Clinic they need to stop all the junk food, I know it's up to the patient, but come on. There is probably a lot of fast food deliveries but they need to lock the doors. These patients can hardly walk but they seem to open the door for the food deliveries, unbelievable. anyway, there is a lap band coming up and I will be watching.

Yes, I watch both of these shows, too. I love them. I saw on the last Brookhaven, one of the patients was breaking the rules by having takeout delivered. It's a fine line w/me sometimes when I watch. On one hand, I know how difficult it is to just say no/change your thinking and behavior, but on the other hand...I'm like "Goodness gracious. You're in this facility because your are (what looks like to me) beyond morbidly obese, and yet you still don't get it..." Wow.

I am sure my thin friends wonder how it is possible that I let myself get up to 278 pounds. We should know better than others how easy it is to let our eating get out of control. Just because we can walk to a door to get a food delivery doesn't mean that we are any better than those who can't. And once a person become bed ridden they are getting virtually no exercise at all so even if they are only eating a little bit (which usually they are not) they still are not burning the calories by just getting up and walking around. I would like to think that I would never get to that point but without m band who really knows when it would have stopped.

TV Guide says it will be on tonight (or tomorrow morning if you want to get technical) at 12:00am (EST) on TLC. It's s'posed to be the episode from this past Monday night.

Thank you! I set the reminder on my cable box.

(I gotta get TIVO!)

h

considering that i went into the garbage to retrieve food....i never thought i would do that....but i did....so i guess anything is possible for me

i can see how it happens. i also didnt become 270 lbs "thoughtfully"

i havent seen any of the shows but i just added them to DVR

happy 4th everyone