Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was on the 5th. Came home late afternoon yesterday. Is anyone else experiencing spasms in your esophagus and stomach when you drink?

I had mine done Wednesday. Pretty much same experience as you. I am going to try to stay off pain meds today and do a lot of walking. I have a headache today. I am sipping on Protein shake. I got one down yesterday trying for two today. I got a little broth down yesterday also. sleep has not been good but I got 5 hours straight last night. I have to take very small sips of anything I am drinking because it feels like it gets stuck. I am assuming it is where he repaired my hiatal hernia so hopefully that will pass.

I'm scheduled for surgery Monday the 9th. I'm excited and nervous. The process since September took so long it's hard to believe it's almost here. I was scheduled for an 8:00 and now it's moved to 1:00--a little worried that will add to anxiety from waiting. Thing I'm most worried about--nausea from the anesthesia. Was it bad for any of you?

I too was worried about the nausea. Today is day 2 post op, going home shortly. The nurses will stay on top of the nausea meds for you, just tell them. Good luck!

My surgery was on the 5th. Came home late afternoon yesterday. Is anyone else experiencing spasms in your esophagus and stomach when you drink?

I was also a March 5 sleever. I can feel everything that goes down, Water, ice chip, Jello. I know we have a lot of inflammation so I'm attributing it to that.

I was sleeved on the 2nd as well. Monday was horrible. Not due to pain or nausea but because all I wanted was to sleep and I was put in a semi private room with someone who LOVED the attention she was getting from all of this. Seriously nurses were constantly in the room for one thing or another. Finally I had a mini meltdown because I could NOT get any rest because of her. The nurses felt sorry for me and found a private room to move me to. From that point on until discharge the next afternoon I was pretty much out of it and slept, I think I walked a total of 4 times. Slept all day Wednesday, felt better Thursday and COMPLETELY overdid it-made hubby a nice dinner, went up and down the stairs several times doing laundry and picking up the house. Paid the price yesterday, felt like crap but was still stubborn and cooked hubby a nice dinner. Once it was done crashed on the couch forgetting my cell phone was on silent......woke up to sheriffs deputies, an ambulance and two paramedics at my door because hubby had been trying to reach me and couldn't.........I was dehydrated so it was a good thing. Now per paramedic and hubby's orders I am banned to the couch for the remainder of my time off work. Learn from my example guys.....take it slow.

I was also sleeved on March 2nd slept most of the time in the hospital and discharged the next day (3/3). Had gas pains at first but I walked around my house (inside) several times a day. Weaned myself off the pain meds on Wednesday. I am on liquids and start purees on Monday. I also had my first BM today and walked a mile on my treadmill....I'm struggling trying to get in all the fluids and protein...and I still hear weird sounds in my stomach..I never feel hungry but I know when I need to eat.

Sleeved 3/4. I have a little spasm- it feels like a contraction- everytime I drink, but It is more weird and uncomfortable than painful. I am assuming that will go away in time. I will ask my Dr. At Monday's follow up. Best of luck to you!

Sleeved on the third. Went home at 4 that afternoon. My husband says I was in a lot of pain when I woke up. My surgery took 3 hrs because I also had my lap band removed. For some reason I have been the most sore on my left side. Everything else ok. No nausea. Gurgling at times. Worked 2 hrs yesterday which ended up being a bad idea. Made dinner last night other than that I have been a couch potato. I get to start full liquids tomorrow. Yay!

I've was sleeved on the 2nd too. Had a problem with the pain meds. I dry heaved every time they gave me any. Didn't realize it was the druids so they kept me and extra day. They wanted me to stay another but me had a massive snowstorm and if I stayed I'd probably still be there.but I refused pain meds and everything is okay. I made had a Migraine for 2 days that is making me insane. My tummy is not enjoying Tylenol and ammodium at all. sleep is my bff right now do all I do is drink Water or broth and sleep and walk around the house done I still am pretty snowed in. It's supposed to be 65 this time of year in Kentucky. That is how my life goes lol

which pain meds did you get? I got tylenol 3 liquid, so it has codine. it was making me have weird vivid dreams though! boo about the weather! winter is tough this year! but it sounds like you are trucking and doing what you need to do!

I'm scheduled for surgery Monday the 9th. I'm excited and nervous. The process since September took so long it's hard to believe it's almost here. I was scheduled for an 8:00 and now it's moved to 1:00--a little worried that will add to anxiety from waiting. Thing I'm most worried about--nausea from the anesthesia. Was it bad for any of you?

I had to put the little patch behind my ear the night before and then take a pill two hours before to control/prevent nausea, so i wound up not having any at all. they will def give you something for the anxiety! trust me! especially if your blood pressure shoots up and you mention it to the anesthesiologist at all... i've never been more drugged in my life.

I too had my surgery on March 2.. My days have been pretty much as yours but today I was feeling pretty good starting the Protein till this evening. I have a lot of Gas in my chest area. Not sure if I am drinking too fast or too much..but I look forward to chatting with you about how it is going with you too.

Have you tried the Gas-X strips? That helps for my in stomach gas like when I'm burping but I think only walking helps the gas they pump in during the surgery. The pain from that is about 7 days I'm hearing.

I was sleeved on the 2nd as well. Monday was horrible. Not due to pain or nausea but because all I wanted was to sleep and I was put in a semi private room with someone who LOVED the attention she was getting from all of this. Seriously nurses were constantly in the room for one thing or another. Finally I had a mini meltdown because I could NOT get any rest because of her. The nurses felt sorry for me and found a private room to move me to. From that point on until discharge the next afternoon I was pretty much out of it and slept, I think I walked a total of 4 times. Slept all day Wednesday, felt better Thursday and COMPLETELY overdid it-made hubby a nice dinner, went up and down the stairs several times doing laundry and picking up the house. Paid the price yesterday, felt like crap but was still stubborn and cooked hubby a nice dinner. Once it was done crashed on the couch forgetting my cell phone was on silent......woke up to sheriffs deputies, an ambulance and two paramedics at my door because hubby had been trying to reach me and couldn't.........I was dehydrated so it was a good thing. Now per paramedic and hubby's orders I am banned to the couch for the remainder of my time off work. Learn from my example guys.....take it slow.

You are having a first class adventure!

Tomorrow will be a week out. Interesting thing right now is what to do with meal time - the fam eats without me now, because i'm still on liquids, but even when i am on food, i'm going to be done at the table before most even really get into it.

it's weird how much of life is centered around food. i'm trying now to find other things to do besides food! i remember when my friend first started AA and it was like "what do i find to do besides drinking?" and i'm having a similar struggle around eating right now.

Breakfast? a lovely meal of Vitamins and a Water chaser. lol

Tomorrow will be a week out. Interesting thing right now is what to do with meal time - the fam eats without me now, because i'm still on liquids, but even when i am on food, i'm going to be done at the table before most even really get into it.

it's weird how much of life is centered around food. i'm trying now to find other things to do besides food! i remember when my friend first started AA and it was like "what do i find to do besides drinking?" and i'm having a similar struggle around eating right now.

Breakfast? a lovely meal of Vitamins and a Water chaser. lol

Can't say from experience because I'm not there yet but I will try to be more present for the people I'm with. It should be interesting to be less focused on the food and the cocktails and the buzz which encourages eating. I'm hopeful. If I'm with friends or family I should want to focus on connecting with them. Wishing us both luck.

I was sleeved on March 5. My first night was rather painful due to the gas in my stomach. Once I figured out how to burp...things got easier. I came home on day 2 and really don't have an appetite. I plan on being off work for another 2 weeks to get my body used to the change of eating. I am already tired of the Clear Liquids but my body seems to be tolerating things better than I expected. I think that the pain that I have now is more soreness but its not extremely painful but I know that I could not return back to work still sore because I work with aggressive children. I look forward to eating real food.< /p>