Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Designer Edit

Have you gotten an update yet? Just checking in.

@@Designer Edit

Have you gotten an update yet? Just checking in.

Yes! Apparently all of the surgeons are going to a conference that week or something like that. My sister talked to her boss and 2 people changed their vacation plans to accommodate July 13th! Amazing!!

So we're all set as of 8pm last night. Now the planning has begun - figuring out our new eating (or lack of eating) regime when we get home, using up the foods that will spoil before we can have them again, etc!

How are you doing? Any strange discoveries about what you can and cannot stomach? How much have you lost (if you don't mind me asking)? How are you feeling?

I weighed this morning and for the first time in a very, very, very long time I am below 200lbs. I weighed in this morning at 199.8. Another milestone has passed and on to the next. So if my calculations are right...I have lost 44.2lbs.

Things I can't tolerate are eggs and lettuce and coffee has been a struggle but it is one thing that I honestly don't want to let go of. I gave up smoking and sodas before my surgery, gosh darnit I really want to keep my coffee so it is a work in progress. I am still messing around with my solids and have many other things I am still waiting to try. As a hypothyroid patient, my metabolism is sluggish at best and one issue that I have noticed since introducing solids into my body is nausea in the morning. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that my dinners come late and that is so not a good thing. But with my job, I rarely if ever get home by 8pm. That is changing as I will start working from home after next week and I am hopeful that being able to eat earlier will help with my nausea.

@@Chrissyg Are you on a PPI? Waking up with nausea after eating late could be caused by some acid issues.

@@Chrissyg

Ah-mazing!! You must be feeling happy about your progress. Being under 200 sounds like a dream!! I have many milestones set for my journey and under 200 would also put me under my wedding weight! After that, 180 so I finally weigh less than my tall, slim, fit husband!!! Haha!

Congratulations on your success so far. I'm sure you've worked really hard for this.

I will have to give up diet coke, wine, and binge-eating which will be very difficult. Like you, if I also have to give up coffee, I will struggle.

Nausea in the morning is hard. When I was pregnant, I woke up nauseous every morning but had the luxury of rolling over and grabbing a granola bar from my bedside table. Let us know if you're able to solve the problem with an earlier dinner or if it turns out to be stomach acid!

Looking forward to more updates! You'll be about 4.5 months post op by July 13th?

And working from home is great - so flexible. If you haven't done it before, my biggest hiccup is getting bored with working and turning to the fridge for fun. I guess I'll have to find other things that will make me happy!! But I guess that's the point!

@@Chrissyg Are you on a PPI? Waking up with nausea after eating late could be caused by some acid issues.

Hi Jamie and thanks for responding. Right now, I am dealing with nausea by just dealing with it. Once I am up and moving around the nausea subsides. Breakfast is an issue for me and always has been. I am not an early morning eater. Due to my thyroid issues, its meds first thing and then I have to wait at least an hour before I can eat. Blah for that. So I force myself to have foods in the early part of the day although I am just not hungry. Which sometimes aggravates my nausea because I am just not hungry. This mainly because being hypothyroid, it takes my body what seems like a lifetime to digest my dinner from the night before.

The good part is that my job requires lots of walking around the place in which I burn on average about 400 calories a day just at work. That is more than half of the calories I take in a day.

Constipation is a huge issue for me but that isn't due to my surgery it is due to my hypothyroidism. It has been a huge issue for 13+ years since I was diagnosed. Taking 3 thyroid pills a day is all of the meds I want to deal with. LOL

@@Designer Edit

I am really proud of my accomplishment with my weight-loss especially because I do have hypothyroidism. If only the surgery could have reversed that issue for me, life would be grand. Even with my surgery, weight-loss will continue to be a slow thing for me. I am okay with that. I am working on my video blog on YouTube and I hope y'all take the time to watch them. If all goes as planned, they should be up and loaded by the beginning of next week.

I have never worked from home before and to be honest, I didn't take enough time even after surgery as I returned to work within days of my surgery. I plan to continue to make videos and be as involved with the bariatric world in all of my spare time plus I go to school full time online as well. I hope I'm able to keep myself occupied in my spare time and prevent boredom.

In July about the date of your surgery, I should be almost 5 months post-op. I had my surgery March 18th. I hope to be closer to my goal weight by then. I have it set at 160lbs, but I will base it on how I look and feel. Goal weights are good but I am more into getting to a weight to where I feel good. I think I'll know it when I get there. LOL

@@Chrissyg wow!!! I'm so, so happy for you!!!! That's amazing!! Congratulations!!! Wow. Can't wait till I get to say the same!! My date is finally getting close!!! I'm going in for my surgery June 12th. Giving up coffee is worrying me too, cause without it I don't function well at work. Wondering if the low acid coffee would work. I think even Folger's has an option called "simply smooth" though others do too. Hoping it all smooths out soon!

@@Designer Edit, in so happy for you guys! How awesome is that, that your sisters coworkers changed around for her! That's awesome!!! And keep us all posted!!

Edited by cmhueto

I am so glad I found this forum. I am hoping to hear back about being approved so I can set up a date. I am still researching the dickens out of this place, but I am hopeful! I look forward to hearing all of the after stories!

Did this forum disappear for a little while? I kept getting an error msg.Anyway I am at the San Diego airport now getting a pedicure while waiting for my flight back to Atlanta..then a two hour ride back to Columbus. My surgery was Tuesday June 2nd with Dr. Maytorena. He and the other doctors were wonderful. No complications. I have had chicken broth , sf Jello, and Gatorade with no problems. Water is a little harder but Ice chips are no problem. I definitely recommend LT VSG. I will post more when I am back home,and situated.

Yeah, I couldn't find it either side a bit, glad to see it's back to! @@Tonileigh yeah! So glad you are recovering well!! I've started my pre-op diet. And am so worried about craving things post op. Praying I can stick 100% to this diet so post op won't be so drastic! In going in next Friday!! Excited but also kinda freaking out that it's so close!!

Hi,I am scheduled for July 24 with Dr Maytorena is there anyone else having surgery round the same time this will be my third time traveling to Tijuana from tx but first time at surgical center an not a hospital

Hi,I am scheduled for July 24 with Dr Maytorena is there anyone else having surgery round the same time this will be my third time traveling to Tijuana from tx but first time at surgical center an not a hospital

We're scheduled for July 13... It seems like anyone who makes this decision books only a few weeks out so it's been hard to wait so long. I'm sure other people will pop up on or around your date as it draws closer.

@@Designer Edit, hey, I'm having mine June 12th!! Maybe I'll see you there! I'll be the red head that's all doped up!!! :)

I plan to post a very detailed description of my surgery but I have not had time just yet. To let you know though, I am feeling great! My travel home was a total of 7 hours with 5 and half on a plane and the other in a car. It did not hurt to fly. I would suggest to get an aisle seat on the way home if possible so you can get up and stretch your legs a few times. I was stuck in the middle but still made bathroom trips. I would also suggest to pack lightly...really lightly. I took a backpack with my belongings however it was stuffed full and it was really unnecessary weight that I had to carry through the airport. As far as clothes, I really only needed the outfit that I wore there and an outfit for home.

I actually contacted Ruben today for a doctors note to return to work and got an immediate response. I went back to work on Monday, but apparently I need a medical release to be there. They know I've had surgery but do not know what kind. In fact, I have only told one person about having VSG and for now I plan to keep it that way. Will post more later.

@@Tonileigh I would love to hear about the experience in details! How are you feeling? How long was your travel home? Did it hurt to have to fly so close to surgery?