Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 18th.

. Hi, are you here in Tijuana? I'd love to stop by and see u and the clinic. Just realized i funny know your name! (Mines Christina BTW) My prayers are with u... If u don't get this till later that's OK and have a speedy recovery!!

7 years ago i had a VSG by the beloved Dr. Aceves, the sweetest and most caring dr. in the world. I had to leave my home and move to Nor Cal to care for my aging parents. Depressed and not exercising like i did at home I gained 40 pounds. Dr. Aceves had died and I did NOT do proper research and made appt with ALMANZA the narcissistic quack to do a 'resleeve' which now i know isnt even a thing!!. horrible scars... and absolutely NO feeling of reduced appetite. I KNOW he got in there and saw scar tissue from prior Lipo and pulled out. All he did was appear to the 'group' , brag about his 6 pack and we never saw him again. i lost NOTHING and now his staff blames my meds which I was on back when Dr. Aceves did the original surgery. SO if you saw i was on meds that would prevent weight loss....WHY oh why would you even take my money and do the ineffective surgery??? I asked for 1500 dollar back and they wont refund anything. I pegged him as a blowhard narcissist the night and the only time we met him... but it was too late. NEVER buy into the "resleeve"... it isnt a thing but a RIP off and NO real or reputable doctor would ever promise such a thing. Almanza is a quack and a*****e ripoff in my opinion

Almanza is an absolute cocky, self absorbed, non caring, over promising and under delivering jerk, quack, liar, unprofessional, cold hearted, talentless, bragging pretty faced horrible experience EVER.. In my opinion and experience. I am SO depressed and I dont know what to do

i previously had lipo in my upper abs and was told that although scar tissue may be there that it wouldn't be a problem getting sleeved. Are you saying that you didn't get resleeved because of the scar tissue or that it's useless getting resleeved??

i think for an original sleeve you are good. just watch the Doctor. I hate Almanza ...its like a cattle call. I loved Doc. Aceves. anyone who is with him is ok with me... or Alanzo out of (south of) TX

this from a doctors office here in the US:

i'm so sorry about your experience.  I'm not sure what Dr. Almanza's idea of a re-sleeve is.  We can reduce your pouch size by plicating your sleeve but my understanding is you can't realisitically re-sleeve as there isn't enough tissue left to do that.   In basic layman's terms we can kind of hem up the sleeve side, tucking and stitching to give back restriction that you may have lost, but to say they can re-sleeve with a new staple line, I haven't heard of that being a true possibility.

@@Chrissyg how are you doing? Anyone else have surgery at LT VSG? If so how are you doing??

I am doing really good. My recuperation was awesome too. I started a new job one week post op and have managed just fine.

I am 52 days post op and feel really good. Surgery weight 244, current weight 212. I am very pleased with my results.

Hey ChrissyG, how are things for you now? Are you running into any of the problems other posters felt a couple of months out?

@@Chrissyg how are you doing? Anyone else have surgery at LT VSG? If so how are you doing??

I am doing really good. My recuperation was awesome too. I started a new job one week post op and have managed just fine.

I am 52 days post op and feel really good. Surgery weight 244, current weight 212. I am very pleased with my results.

Hey ChrissyG, how are things for you now? Are you running into any of the problems other posters felt a couple of months out?

I am feeling pretty good and the weightloss has slowed but the scales are still moving in the right direction so I am glad for that.

Finding the right food when it comes to solids has been a trial and error thing for me. Some of the things I try to eat don't work with my tummy but I was prepared for that. I think that it will vary from individual to individual. I also believe the most important thing is to take it day by day, food by food, and listen to your body.

I'm getting cold feet. If there is any complications with my surgery idk what I'd do my daughter is only 1yr old. My bmi is 37 that's scary so close to 40

Don't back up, go for it, imagine all the things you are going to have to skip with you're daughter if you don't (sports, outdoor activities, running, playing, etc), plus, if you do this, your lifestyle will change, you will become a healthier persons and that's a great example for her...but the most important thing here...you'll be there for here for a long long time....I send you my blessing !!!

I'm getting cold feet. If there is any complications with my surgery idk what I'd do my daughter is only 1yr old. My bmi is 37 that's scary so close to 40

Don't back up, go for it, imagine all the things you are going to have to skip with you're daughter if you don't (sports, outdoor activities, running, playing, etc), plus, if you do this, your lifestyle will change, you will become a healthier persons and that's a great example for her...but the most important thing here...you'll be there for here for a long long time....I send you my blessing !!!

Totally agree. It will be one of the best decisions in your life. This is a can't miss opportunity.

My sister and I are both booked for July 9th with Dr. Maytorena... Terrified and excited all rolled into one. I keep having bad dreams that I'll regret not being able to eat for enjoyment anymore (because I'm familiar with how that feels when dieting). What I'm not familiar with, is feeling healthy, fit, energetic, and attractive. I suspect I'll prefer the latter and so will my son and husband.

Did anyone else feel like this was really surreal and like other people get WLS but not you???

Absolutely was fearful of not being able to "fun" eat. What I've been doing these days that I am on the liquid diet is looking up recipes & meals that are healthy but I'll still LOVE. Aside from that, moderation is always key. It's unreal to think you will NEVER AGAIN have certain foods. Good Luck!

I am really nervous and excited too. I am scheduled for June 2nd...less than 2 weeks away.I am a single mother to 3 kids and that's the scariest part for me. I pray everything will go smoothly.

I am really nervous and excited too. I am scheduled for June 2nd...less than 2 weeks away.I am a single mother to 3 kids and that's the scariest part for me. I pray everything will go smoothly.

I totally get it. The last thing I want to do is leave my family wifeless/motherless. But from what I've read, it seems to have a really low (no?) mortality rate and the stats on complications are very low as well. That's the only reason I'm taking the risk. Aside from my life being better, I'm counting on it being longer too. Good luck with your surgery. It's obviously going to be a major life change which is scary but from what everyone says, so worth it!!

I also am a single mom with three kids. I was sleeved in march and regret nothing! I do not miss out on the fun aspects of eating out with friends, I still do it. Instead of stuffing my face I have one chicken wing and I'm good to go! I am saving soo much money by going out with friends now! Lol