Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

I was sleeved a week ago and Lori is right,what a difference one week will make. The pain is just about all gone with the exception of my stitches and I'm feeling stronger every day. Hang in there.

I feel the same way! Pain has subsided, and feeling better and better!

Sleeved on Monday and I have to say it sucks....didn't think it would be this bad. So sick.

Gas x strips and walking. I was sleeved Saturday, five days ago. Feeling great. Walk, walk, walk or have someone pat your back like burping you. My husband patted pretty hard and it helped.

My shoulder pain ended up being an inflamed nerve from the hiatal hernia repair they did while in there. Everyone said it was probably gas but it wasn't. The pain got worse and worse every time I inhaled throughout the following week and I ended up in the Hospital this past Tuesday for a ton of tests (contrast CT, ultrasound) but all came up clear. Finally, they gave me some prednisone. Like magic, the inflammation was gone and hasn't been back since! This was pain that even morphine couldn't kill and after my first dose of steroid, I had my first pain free night of sleeping! If you've had a hiatal hernia repair and have a pain in the left shoulder and left upper chest, it can very well be that nerve. Who knew. Luckily, I had very little gas issues. I was expecting it to be horrific!

The only thing is that they don't necessarily want to be giving prednisone post-op due to the chance that infection may be a possibility. Since I had a chest ct, they felt better about giving it to me.

Edit: my surgeon doesn't want me on the pred because he doesn't want to decrease the speed of healing on my sleeve - I sure hope that the pain doesn't return when I stop. :(

Edited by Jaimianna79

I had my pre-op appointment today. I have a liquid diet the day before and surgery on Wednesday the 29th. I have to take a lot of antibiotics the night before. I'm slightly irritated about being overcharged. My insurance pays 100% with no deductible, but the office made me pay a full deductible anyway. I'm trying to put it out of my mind....it will all get sorted out after surgery. I am happy that I will be the first surgery of the day!

@@brandnewtim low sodium chicken broth helped me so much with gas pbain try a few sips and walking I had problems with gas pain for about 2 weeks after surgery and the broth helped me soo much ....I recommend the premixed because the powder had too many spices for me...College Inn reduced sodium worked great for me hope you are feeling better soon :)

Sleeved today (technically yesterday) It was a long day. Spent a little more time than expected in recovery bc of my O2 stats post op. (4hrs vs 1), at first the pain was NOT BEARABLE, and I have a pretty decent pain tolerance but then again...no morphine drip here. A dose a dilauldid (sp?), before I woke up and liquid hydro. My gas is still stuck in my abdomen, can't walk very well yet for the pain but my stats are good. I slept on and off throughout the day so I'm wide awake now grrr

Oh but a wonderful non traditional was to treat my nausea that my recovery nurse did, was put an alcohol pad on my nose, so as i could sniff it! Worked wonders!!!