Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

Good luck to the sleevers today!! I'm 6 days post op and feeling good!

I'm having difficulty getting over the exhaustion of not getting many calories. Pain is better down about 10lbs I think, my scale is going a bit wonky. But I'm 5 days out and the pain is much better.

I am so exhausted also. I am 10 days post op and the littlest activity and I'm exhausted. I can't wait to be on the pureed stage, hoping that will help get more calories in and make me feel better.

@@jersey_girl_86 ....I know EXACTLY how you feel....I felt like I was dying after surgery because I could take in soo little and I was soooo weak....GATORADE was and is my life blood... (obviously you want to be drinking mostly Water but I needed electrolytes) talk to your DR about it but I'm telling you it helped me soooo much.....hope you are feeling better soon.....I was on Protein Shakes for 3 weeks post op and after that started with eggs yogurt mashed potatoes cottage cheese oatmeal and regular cheese...the more I diversified my diet the better I have felt...although I do HIGHLY recommend some type of stool softener/laxative etc once you start eating foods because I experienced a LOT of pain due to not being able to go to the bathroom...........anyways talk to your DR and see about Gatorade for electrolytes hope you are feeling better soon :)

Wow, I head back to work on Monday...I'm feeling a lot better, still eating way too fast and suffering for it....but it's a learning curve for sure. I do find I feel sick to my stomach after every 'meal'. I wonder if this is due to eating too fast or just the new stomach still healing....

Weighed myself today, down 36 pounds since March 22, when I started my all liquid diet, so I'm pleased. I get to have mushy foods next week, so looking forward to more variety.

Stay positive, we'll get there!!

Has anyone experienced numbness in their fingers due to the IV during surgery?

No numbness but I have a knot that is painful..

My pinky finger and ring finger on my right hand are both numb. They said if I don't get feeling back in a week or two they are sending me to neurologist. Ugh!!!

Edited by momfromjersey22

I hope it goes away on its own.. Good Luck

My pinky finger and ring finger on my right hand are both numb. They said if I don't get feeling back in a week or two they are sending me to neurologist. Ugh!!!

That's the ulnar nerve...where did they put your IV?

In both my hands. The left hand was the main iv, which only has a Lil numbness, not sure why there was an iv in my right hand but it wasn't in as long as my left and my right hand is the worst.

In both my hands. The left hand was the main iv, which only has a Lil numbness, not sure why there was an iv in my right hand but it wasn't in as long as my left and my right hand is the worst.

That's Interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with the placement. It could also be totally unrelated. Cubital tunnel syndrome puts pressure on the ulnar nerve at the elbow and will also cause numbness in the pinky and ring fingers. When it is those two fingers in particular, it's usually the ulnar. I have problems with that when my arms are bent at the elbow for extended periods of time.

Hello! I'm 7 days out from surgery.... It's been rough! Today is the first day I can get all my liquids and Proteins in. I had to get an extra bag of fluids the other day .... But that was the only setback so far. Yay! Hopefully, things will continue to get easier for me! How is everyone else doing?