Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

SHOULDER PAIN anyone???

I am three days post op. I am experiencing alot of left shoulder pain. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what have you learned and done about it. Thanks!

I am 3 days post op too. My shoulder pain was horrific the first 36 hours. It is trapped gas from the laproscopic surgery, causing referred nerve pain. Unfortunately the only way to cure it is to reabsorb the gas and pass it. Walking & time will do the most. For me, heating pad to the shoulder also helped.

I am three days post op. I am experiencing alot of left shoulder pain. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what have you learned and done about it. Thanks!

I am still pre-op (my surgery is tomorrow), but I have heard that walking will help disperse the gas that is causing your shoulder pain. I have also heard of folks using a heating pad to help alleviate the pain.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I'm 6 days post op. The pain in my left shoulder/upper left chest area still isn't gone. It's worse in the morning and my positioning can trigger it or worsen it. I feel it upon inspiration, especially of a deep breath. It is not always gas that simply needs to dissipate either, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't go away after a few days as it does for many who have the discomfort due to gas. My surgeon told me that stimulation of the diaphragm can inflame the nerve and this can take a while to heal. This happens most frequently when a hiatal hernia is repaired. I had a very small hernia repaired during the surgery.

Tomorrow is my big day!!!!! Nervous about the pain, but I have never been so ready for anything! Let's do this!!!

Chat with you all once I am conscious!

Jill

Tomorrow is my big day!!!!! Nervous about the pain, but I have never been so ready for anything! Let's do this!!!

Chat with you all once I am conscious!

Jill

. Good luck Jill! I'm right behind you. Thursdays my big day!!

4 days post op and feeling fabulous! Had some trouble Friday was about to get released when I went unresponsive and lethargic. My vitals were good so they gave me narco or whatever to get the pain relievers out of me. I came to and they chalked it up to a reaction with the meds. I've been fine ever since! Stayed an extra day in hospital and home on Saturday doing really well now!!!

I was sleeved a week ago today in Mexico! I didn't have alot of gas pain so that was a plus but I've been trying to figure out why my stomach hurts like it does. U know that feeling u get when your really hungry and its so bad that when it tries to growl it just hurts... That's where I am right now!! Has this happened to anyone else? I know I haven't eaten anything real in over a week but I hope this is normal and I hope it goes away? Any advice?

I was sleeved a week ago today in Mexico! I didn't have alot of gas pain so that was a plus but I've been trying to figure out why my stomach hurts like it does. U know that feeling u get when your really hungry and its so bad that when it tries to growl it just hurts... That's where I am right now!! Has this happened to anyone else? I know I haven't eaten anything real in over a week but I hope this is normal and I hope it goes away? Any advice?

Did your Dr. prescribe Prilosec or something similar. It might be stomach acid.

It doesn't feel like heartburn or anything like that it literally feels like im really hungry

Excess acid can feel just like that with the sleeve.

I was sleeved a week ago and Lori is right,what a difference one week will make. The pain is just about all gone with the exception of my stitches and I'm feeling stronger every day. Hang in there.