Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For Bypass Buddies!

Hello ladies and gents. My name is Hanna and I'm 23. I live in st charles mo and I am at the starting line. I have tried this roofers once before but got caught up and side tracked with the supervised diet. I could really use a friend/mentor to help me with this process. I know my family really wants me to have the surgery and I do not want to let them down again. Anyone who wants to be friends and encourage each other? I'd love to talk to veterans and newbies alike.

I'm 35 and I'm just starting as well. I had the regular initial appointment meeting the physician assistant and a social worker. I got the nutrition classes out of the way and I got PT and and dietitian appointment on March 17th. March 3rd im going to the support group that is required. This week I will have my labs done hopefully before Friday. Then They want me to have my yearly cervical exam because I haven't done that in a year. I'm by Springfield Illinois. I go between being really excited and then really nervous. Back and forth a lot. Meh.

Nice to meet you! Yeah I'm really nervous because I tried going through the process and was doing the supervised diet but went through a bad breakup and got really depressed and stopped going. Idk the requirements yet but I think I will have a 6 month supervised diet. I have blue cross blue shield ppo of Illinois. I think it's scary because we know it will be a huge commitment and life change and it's hard to imagine now. But I was reading some stories of people post op and it really gets me excited. I'm nervous about the cost. I know it's nerve wracking but just think of all the positives.

I understand about the falling off the wagon thing. I had something similar happen when I was on a different weight loss journey a few years ago. The hardest part is starting over. Important thing is we get back up and keep trying!!! :)

Hey I'm Sarah! I just made it through all the hoops and got insurance approval. I have surgery date set for 5/4/15. I did the same thing as far as I started the process and then I stopped. I was planning on trying to get pregnant after I got married (I was engaged at the time) so I though I would do the surgery after...well then the engagement ended and so I decided to go for it. I'm so excited for my surgery!

Hanna91 read your post and would love to correspond with you through your journey. I had my surgery done October 1st and I am now down over 100 pounds. I just had my 60th birthday and Hanna it was the best one I have had in years. My health has improved so much. I am so looking forward to going home and seeing my family. The last time they saw me I could barely walk and was in terrible pain. Now I am walking and NO PAIN. This was the best thing I ever did for myself. Keeping a positive attitude and paying attention to your feelings is a must in order to be successful. You can do this and I would love to encourage you all the way. KEEP SMILING

Hello everyone, My name is Lisa and I am just starting the process. I though about it back in 2012, went to the informational session then chickened out of surgery. I felt that I could lose weight on my own. Well I am back 3years later 20pounds heavier with diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesteral and sleep apnea. I went back to the informational session, scheduled my appointment with the surgeon within a week and now just waiting on insurance approval. I would love some buddies...I have lots of support from my family but I know I am bugging them to DEATH. Plus it is helpful to talk to people who are in the experience with you, been there and/or going in that direction. I am so excited about this platform and Forums. I am happy to communicate with anyone. Love all of the support!

Pick me, pick me! I'm having bypass on 4/28! Looked into it 5 years ago and backed out too!!!

Oh WOW, I am glad that you came back. Congrats and 4/28 is less than 2-weeks!!!

HELLO!! MY name is Vicky I looked into surgery back in 2002 I was in a awful marriage got divorced since and gained a ton of weight probably around 100 pounds I am at 331.5. I started this process about 6 and half to 7 months ago with my hope of finally doing something for myself my children are grown and now it's time for me. I got my much anticipated call today I was approved and I am now scheduled for May 20th! I am 39 and my biggest regret so far is I didn't do it years ago! But here I am and it's never to late! I would love to find some buddies or a buddy for encouragement and I can also give my help in anyway as we all start this new life change! Please add me as a friend to your list if you like. I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!!

Hi Vicky, thamks for sharing your story. Its awesome that you are now taking steps to take care of yourself and its never too late. I have added you on your friend list, please add me as well. Its great to have support at any level of this process. I live in Indiana. Please reach out anytime,

Hi my name is Kim. I had my bypass on 6/25/13 so I am 22 months in. I was 301 and I amd 5'7". I am niow 139. I just had my Tummy Tuck 4 weeks agio tiday. (3/21/15).

So I am niw recovering from that.

I would LOVE a buddy!!!!!!!

My 'friends' that I had BEFORE surgery, most got very jealous. Said I took the easy way out. Being I amd now the thinnest one.

I hear all the time, "You are TOO THIN"

"YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR SICK"

"When will you STOP loosing weight?"

"Eat soimething"

So I would love to talk to someone who is in the same shoes.

My email is kimerick2008@gmail.com

I am NOT a VIP so I guess we can't talk through thias website.

I just found thia site 1 week ago. I wish I found it sooner.

If anyone wants someone to talk to, I am HERE!!!!

Look forwrd to hearing from you guys.

Kim

@@Kimberly Bouche-Perez thanks, My name is Lisa and I would love to be a buddy and have a buddy. My email is mslisaluvslife@yahoo.com. Congrats on your accomplishments and I know you look awesome (not sick). I do realize once I am done with this process, I will lose friends (I really mostly have associates). Don't plan on telling people anyway just don't need others opinions, comments and questions. I am sure once I start losing the weight they will ask. Still not telling about my surgery. You are right.. this site is wonderful and I am learning so much more everyday. It is much better to chat with people who understand.

@dolphin_girl. Feel free to email me as well. My surgery won't be too far behind yours.

I am new to the process but everything is going very quick so far. I have my sleep study tonight, very excited about that... sounds weird but I am ready to be done with it. I was originally scheduled for August sleep study, I kept calling and caught a cancellation for May 12th. I was ok with that (better than waiting till August) but I called one more time last Wednesday and someone had just cancelled for today. I took it without hesitation. After this all I need is a PREP session that only meets once a month. May is booked although I am calling next week to see if there is any room but I am currently scheduled for June. My surgery will more than likely be mid June. I want to wait until my daughter is done with school. BUT if I can get a May date, I will probably take it. It will be tricky but would force me to move around once I am discharged. I will have to drive my daughter to school and pick up but that won't be too bad. If I get a mid June date she will be done with school.

Hope to hear from you guys soon and I am excited to meet you.