Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2015 Surgery!

Tomorrow is one week post op for me and I'm still crazy bloated. I feel like there is a basketball in there I need to hold my left side when I walk.????

I have the back pains that someone else had mentioned although they were slightly alleviated by walking for a while today.

I am also not able to get all the Protein and Water down that they want us to have. 50g Protein Drinks & water broth Popsicles. We are to aim for 64 oz.

I'm not sure if I hurt it I'm full when I do drink them. I'm exhausted and not sleeping now.

Also have had a massive headache all day.

It is nice to seeing not the only one with these issues. ????

Dr actually wants me to come in tomorrow to ck me out which is comforting in a way. I know it will all pass but I wish it would go a Iot faster.

Thank you to everyone for sharing their stories it helps me to get thru. Good luck to everyone????????????

hoping for my future

It is so nice to see a new post today! I am 1 week post op today and having my own little pity party... My PA's advise was to not take naps so that you are awake and don't get behind on drinking... well today I had to check out a while!

My back hurts still and I know this can be a sign of dehydration and I am trying so hard but drinking something every 15 minutes all day long is so exhausting and painful!

I am not getting anywhere near the protein/water in I need and can't seem to get into a good groove without it just feeling like a lead brick under my breast bone. I also feel like I have intestinal gas build but can't seem to get rid of that.

Does anyone that has had surgery in the past week or so have a menu they have been following that is helping? I got down 1 greek yogurt today and 1 Protein drink and Water. No where near enough calories. I'm going to call my doctor in the morning as well.

I'm 2weeks post op today! I had my surgery done in Mexico.. I'm happy to have found somewhere that I'm able to see how things are going for other people.

hoping for my future

It is so nice to see a new post today! I am 1 week post op today and having my own little pity party... My PA's advise was to not take naps so that you are awake and don't get behind on drinking... well today I had to check out a while!

My back hurts still and I know this can be a sign of dehydration and I am trying so hard but drinking something every 15 minutes all day long is so exhausting and painful!

I am not getting anywhere near the protein/water in I need and can't seem to get into a good groove without it just feeling like a lead brick under my breast bone. I also feel like I have intestinal gas build but can't seem to get rid of that.

Does anyone that has had surgery in the past week or so have a menu they have been following that is helping? I got down 1 greek yogurt today and 1 Protein drink and Water. No where near enough calories. I'm going to call my doctor in the morning as well.

I'm 1 week out and have some problem, I don't understand how I'm going to fit 64oz of liquid in my body, when I drink 2 oz my belly feels like I'm 6 months pregnant. So I'm drinking less, probably like 30 oz Water. 40 gr Protein. If I drink anymore it hurts

I'm one week post op and had my follow up today.. I'm having back pains too.. across my shoulder blades area, my surgeons said that is normal and has to do with nerves that are cut.. Same issues with getting down liquids. I'm probably getting like 20 oz Water and 11 oz Protein Drink (30 protein). I'm working on that.

Having GB tomorrow! Glad to see most who are post op doing well!

After the first week things get much easier. I haven't had any problems getting the amount of fluids in and at times I wonder if I've actually had the band!

Hi,

Foodfighter78 : I'm from Colombia,

Today was not a good day for me, I feel very unhappy, and I have not been able to take liquids, each time to take some Water I feel cramping.

Hi,

Foodfighter78 : I'm from Colombia,

Today was not a good day for me, I feel very unhappy, and I have not been able to take liquids, each time to take some Water I feel cramping.

Try herbal tea, I can't drink water but warm herbal tea it's good, try ice chips, clear Soup. I know it's hard, I want real food. I'm Italian and I really live around food, it's going to be a hard change.

March surgeries

I am having my RNY on March30. I have my preop and lab tomorrow! Excited but nervous ????

Did anyone 2 days after surgery have a spot on your stomach that sinks in next to an incision? My tummy is lumpy looking lol

Very lumpy...lol

I'm scheduled for April 14th in Mexico.

Anyone else getting it done in Mexico?

What is the way your payments were made? I was asked to make a cheque to my coordinator and not the hospital. Is this normal??

I'm 2weeks post op today! I had my surgery done in Mexico.. I'm happy to have found somewhere that I'm able to see how things are going for other people.

Congrats! what did you bring to mexico for your pre op?

I'm scheduled for April 14th in Mexico.

Anyone else getting it done in Mexico?

What is the way your payments were made? I was asked to make a cheque to my coordinator and not the hospital. Is this normal??

I brought very little only because I flew in, had the surgery the same day and flew out the next day. Something comfortable for the plane... Gas strips.. Tylenol and bullion cubes.

I paid in cash at the hospital because I got a $200 discount for going that route.