Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting...June sleevers?

I just came home from my consult with my surgeon. He asked for some extra blood work to be done due to a family history of clotting issues, so once that's done, we should be able to schedule.

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new here, I've been lurking since January and finally got things rolling and I'm hoping for a June surgery date. I went to my seminar in February and then my initial weigh-in was March 10. I was told I need to lose 10% of my excess body weight, which is 16 pounds. I haven't put too much effort in yet but I have managed to lose 7 lbs so far. Today was Day 1 of really buckling down though. I met with the NUT last week and she put me on a high Protein 1500 calorie diet. I've also seen the PT and had my psych eval. I have to do a 5-week psych group session and go to at least 1 additional pre-op group. And then of course I have my 3 monthly weigh-ins. I have to go back to see the NUT and the PT and I think that's it!

I am so looking forward to my new life. I'm 36 and a stay-at-home mom to 3 kids. I am just so lackluster all the time and I can't wait to feel more energized and be more comfortable in my body. I want to enjoy life with my family!

Gasto doctor today . The medical procedures completely terrify me . If I was going to back out that would be why lol hopefully I hold it together. Lol like never even had a cavity so major surgery sometimes freaks me out

I have my endoscopy on Thursday, I'm a little nervous! I've never been under anesthesia at all, so it'll be a first. The doctor made me feel really comfortable at the consult though, so I'm going to try to relax. Let us know how it goes!

I got my cardiac clearance yesterday, so this train is rollin!

how did your endoscopy go ? ! Mines April 23rd

Start my cardiac clearance and my at home sleeping study this week !

My endoscopy went well, they found no problems. I did have a bit of heartburn for about 4 days after, which was weird. I've never really had heartburn so I had no idea what it was! Everything is falling into place! I just saw my surgeon again yesterday and we're shooting for surgery on May 21 or 22. This is going to be the longest 6 weeks ever!

Signed on to check out everyone's progress today and was really pumped to see our support group growing so nicely! June is getting closer by the day. No new news from me, just wanted to say congrats and welcome to everyone!

Checking in too! Welcome to all the new June sleevers! Two more Dr. supervised weight loss appointments, and they'll be submitting my case to insurance for approval!! How time flies!

I'm starting to get antsy! Is anyone else getting antsy??

Checking in too! Welcome to all the new June sleevers! Two more Dr. supervised weight loss appointments, and they'll be submitting my case to insurance for approval!! How time flies!

I'm starting to get antsy! Is anyone else getting antsy??

absolutely I can't believe it's coming so fast ! After next week only one more surgeon appt

I have my first weigh-in on Monday. According to my scale I'm down 11 lbs since my initial weigh-in (I need to lose 16 before surgery). But of course that's without clothes and first thing in the morning, so we'll see what they say.

On Wednesday I went to my first of five Behavioral Skills classes. That was interesting and I feel it will be really helpful.

It's been a little over two weeks since I met with the nutritionist and I go back in 2 weeks. I already feel like I've made some big changes. I'm drinking Protein shakes for Breakfast every day (the Premiere chocolate ones are quite good), I'm eating big delicious salads for lunch every day (Bolthouse Farms Ranch Yogurt Dressing? Amazing!). Last night I made a dish with quinoa. I've never even wanted to try quinoa before! And I gave up my beloved sour cream for plain Greek yogurt! I consider myself a pretty picky eater so these are pretty big changes for me already.

If this is how I feel only a few weeks into the process, I really feel like this is going to be hugely successful for me. I am feeling so excited and ready.

I had a consult yesterday with the hematologist at my surgeon's request. The results of the tests will be back in just over a week. With those results, we should know if extra precautions need to be made before my surgery date. I would expect we will be able to schedule our June date in the next few weeks. Antsy? Heck yes!

Is it june yet lol. Busy week for me echo gram stress test surgeon weigh in and pre op class . I'm hoping to be down 25 lbs in total from start I was down 15 but now I feel like it's not moving do well see

I have my second nutrition appointment and my NP appointment on Tuesday back to back. Pulmonary the 22nd. June can't come fast enough.

I am moving right along as well! I'm glad to see everyone else too! I had my endoscopy on Tuesday and it was a piece of cake! Next I have to schedule my other pre-surgical tests and my appointment with my PCP and I am good to go.

Very excited, not really nervous at all! I feel like I am being held hostage in this body and I am being rescued on June 15th!

Love hearing everyone's progress and experiences! Looking forward to our transformations!

@mclorie YES!! I feel like time is really moving now. Yay!!

@@theotherfatgirl it looks like out timelines are very close. My #5 with mt PCP is this week as well

@@MrsRoboto love that name :) and WoW you are making such great progress with your weight loss already. I want to start shakes once a day too.

@@Engteacher good luck on your bloodwork results. I am thankful your surgeon is thorough.

Hello to @@smiranda, @@clutzey413, and @@Stacyc311 it sounds like you are all cruising thru the check lists!

Go June Sleevers!!!

I love your saying "I feel like I am being held hostage in this body and being rescued on June 15th" so true Stacy. Good luck to you.

I am moving right along as well! I'm glad to see everyone else too! I had my endoscopy on Tuesday and it was a piece of cake! Next I have to schedule my other pre-surgical tests and my appointment with my PCP and I am good to go.

Very excited, not really nervous at all! I feel like I am being held hostage in this body and I am being rescued on June 15th!

Love hearing everyone's progress and experiences! Looking forward to our transformations!

Hello there again, sounds like everyone is moving along, good luck to you all. I spoke to my Doctors office today and they sent everything over to my insurance company, so now we are just waiting for the approval and my actual surgery date. I got butterflies today :)