Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting...June sleevers?

Eeeeeeek! Congrats to you both! I am in the Dr office for visit #5 right now. It is getting close!!!!

Congrats to those of you with dates! So exciting!!

I'm so afraid I'm going to get finished with everything and then insurance will deny me for some reason. They definitely shouldn't, it's just a fear I have.

Congrats to those of you with dates! So exciting!!

I'm so afraid I'm going to get finished with everything and then insurance will deny me for some reason. They definitely shouldn't, it's just a fear I have.

My nerves really kicked in today, got the call and a letter when I got home, I hope your approval comes soon :)

A big "high five" to those of you who have dates!

@@DisneyDreaming - I live in Seattle and am a total Disney freak! In fact we just got back from a week there in March. Can I ask where you are having your surgery? Mine is with PSB.

I have been married for 24 years - well in two weeks - and have three kids 22, 18 and 16.

Edited by Seahawkgirl

@Seahawkgirl I am having surgery also at PSB! Dr. Kaufman is my surgeon and he is fabulous! I am going through their extention office in Bellingham, but of course will have surgery in Edmonds. Do you have a date yet?

We sound a lot a like :) I will have my 24th anniversary in July and also have 3 kids but my kiddos are 15, 14 and 13. Disney is my favorite place to be :) I am looking forward to July 2016 being a lot thinner and enjoying our 25th annniversary at Disneyland.

I think i may be in June... Im working getting my checklist done. Just have to have my psych eval done and my steps for success class to complete, but those are scheduled nest week. My surgeon wants me to lose 30 to 35 lbs pre op, so he put me on a four week diet. Plus that I have to quit smoking 6 weeks prior to surgery.

@@DisneyDreaming no, no date yet. I finish my 6 month supervised diet in May so hoping for a date in June. We just booked our 25th for next year in Disneyworld! Also going to take a cruise to the Bahamas so I am definitely expecting to be a lot skinnier!

My Dr is Eric Harris - he seems great and the staff love him, so I figure that is a good sign. :)

I read the first couple of pages and decided to skip to the end.

I am Lauri, I'm 39 (will be 40 in July). Hoping for a June date. Saw the surgeon today for a consult. Luckily, it will be about 2 months for my stuff to be completed. I have already had a sleep study and use a cpap so that is one thing off my list. :) oh, I live in Texas. I am a nurse, in February I took on a new role as a case manager. It is different and I like it but I do miss working on the floor. As a result of becoming a desk/office worker now, I have gained almost 20 lbs. I have been married 20 yrs and have 3 kids - 24 yr old son in the army, 19 yr old daughter and a 16 yr old son.

I have rambled enough for now. :)

Hi, Lauri in an RN as well, and turned 40 this year... (From MO/OK....But now live in Mexico/San Diego) my date is scheduled for June 8th... Excited, nervous and scared it won't work as somehow.... But here I am anyway!

Wow most you you've have gotten thier WLS date. I wont get my date until after I'm done with workshop. My office sends in their paperwork to the insurance the second day of my workshop. Hoping for an early June Date.

My Dr said ins won't pay since I also don't have diabetes now high blood pressure ect, even my BMI is 42... So I'm paying out of pocket in Mexico.... I live here anyway and my Dr here has also encouraged me to do the sx. But was able to schedule when is saved the $$.

Edited by cmhueto

@Seahawkgirl Oooh Disneyworld! I have 2 close friends that are employed there :) Someday I may head over there. We are just in love with the original. I had hoped to get there this year with the big anniversary (we always go in July) but the opportunity for me to get VSG cam up and that is more important at this point.

That's awesome you like your doctor. Dr. Kaufman put me right at ease. Always nice when you like the dr. I have had some doozy's!

Welcome to the new users @@LauriTX75, @@smiranda, @@cmhueto! I also considered Mexico as I am paying out of pocket but the 2 year follow up program is something I really liked. I figured the extra help in learning to use my sleeve to it's full potential would be most helpful.

Hi All, joined as a newbie today ????. I am 33 years old, 322lb and live in Dubai so I'm a self pay. I saw my surgeon for the first time on 13th April and surgery is scheduled for 22nd June as I want to see the school year out. I also have an endoscope booked for 4th May.

So excited and my mind is racing all the time, constantly researching and watching videos on YouTube.

If anyone wants to join a small secret group for May/June Sleevers send me a message with your email address! :)