Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dare to Dream

What's your daydream?

Mine is walking on the beach next summer, in shorts, for miles. Big old floppy hat, Jackie O sunglasses, sassy butt, and my trusty dog at my side. Cruising Chicago's Lake Shore Drive on a Saturday from Hyde Park to Sheridan Road and back with the sunroof open and the windows down.

@@JustWatchMe, as a fellow Chicagoan, I love your Lake Shore Drive cruisin' fantasy.

I dream about simple stuff like taking my kids to the beach and not feeling self-conscious. Or taking them to a waterpark. Or on roller coasters.

I love this!!!

My dream is to be on the hunt field (fox hunting) riding my horse, laughing, as we canter and jump in the crisp fall air. My goal is to be back in the saddle by June.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!

Jennifer

You know...just thinking about a nice warm walk on the beach, sand warm and squishy between my toes cool ocean breeze blowing with just a hint of refreshing mist...I would be wearing a bathing suit no matter what because well I just don't care what others think I know I look good :)

It just sounds like an awesome fantasy right now in this deep freeze!! I'd love to have the dogs running along the shore tossing a frisbee at them and playing fetch. That would be an added bonus!

So now I'll take my leave and get me to the Bariatric Doc and take another step closer to making dreams come true!!

My dream is to be able to ride all of the roller coasters at Dollywood this spring. I went with my husband and parents last spring and my husband skipped half the coasters because I couldn't fit in the seats and he didn't want to ride alone. We're going back with my parents and my sister's entire family in April and I am going to ride every coaster twice with my husband to make up for last year!

Wear shorts and be comfortable in a swimsuit

I have to admit, when I had surgery I tried to "temper" my dreams with reality -- telling myself I might be about to get to 160 or maybe even down to 150, but no lower. I didn't want to be disappointed. Now, I'm sitting here at 135 with a BMI of about 23 and wondering how that happened! I'm enjoying the smaller, cuter clothes and exercising like crazy. I feel like my body is finally on my side again!

But, like many of you, too, I'm looking forward to some beach weather! Not sure how the excess, wrinkly skin will be in a swimsuit, but I'm gonna rock one anyway!

I'm dreaming of 145. Never been there since my early teens.

My dream is to jump out of an airplane for my 56th birthday, which will be just about one year after my surgery!

I want a pretty dress or two, and to be able to wear sleeveless tops when it's really hot.......I have already met some serious goals such as dancing the night away (twice!), wearing a fun little dress, getting my hair cut off, being out in the world and comfortable.....I'd like to secure the ropes on all that while getting off the next ten and the next and the next. That should do it as to goal, though I'm not sure what the number is going to be. I have strength and fitness goals -- dealing with some serious arthritic pain and it's winter here, too. I want to strengthen my core and while I've done a 5K I'd like to set my sites in smething a little more. I want to ride my bike more, the bike I just got this year. That was a goal, but now to really make friends with it this spring and summer. And fall. Okay, here's a real goal -- get through this winter feeling enthusiastic, proud of myself and in my body.

My dream was to walk without pain and I've made that dream a reality. Every time I take a step, I am reminded of what I have accomplished and while I'm sure that one day I'll take it for granted, right now I still find it miraculous simply to walk.

My dream is to be able to get on a bike and ride again without injuring my *you know what* and walking like I have been doing things I shouldn't have for the next 3 days. The last time I rode I thought I had seriously done permanent damage to the basement!! Can't wait for that day :-) Oh, and the beach -always! Not sure if this body will ever rock a bikini again but it is a dream! It may have to be a dream at midnight and when the moon is behind a cloud hahahaha!

My little day dreams seem to happen at the gym while i'm listening to my music mix. Mostly about summer day's and nights. My most recent day dream is what am I going to do for my husband for valentines day. I'm currently on the hunt for a hot (dare I say it out loud SEXY) red dress. Just day dreaming about things in the future keeps me on track. Mostly keeps my mind on getting me through the cold of winter. Here's to all of us and sunny days!

Dreaming of pretty sundresses for the summer, going to the beach to relax and read a book. Collect seashells and just enjoy the sun.