Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

@@bacon, I added an extra mile to my walking today. One down and five more to go for the week!

My food was pretty good but I got yelled at by both of my daughters. After church we had lunch in a restaurant and I had a bowl of Soup and ate the chicken and hard boiled eggs out of a salad. Then I took the rest home because I'd had enough. So far, so good.

Then my daughter and I shopped for her laptop and a few other items and then I came home with the overwhelming desire to fry up a dessert for everybody. I did, and had three or four of these tasty little things myself. Not a great choice but not the end of the world. Probably about 400 calories at the most.

Then I had a kale salad. A few hours later I was hungry again and had another kale salad. Then I walked my extra mile for the day and here I am now.

The yelling came long distance from my daughter in Madrid after I bragged about the delicious dessert I fried up. "Mom, why would you cook something like that after all the work and progress you've made? Nobody needs that stuff in the house."

Then my older daughter chimed in (love group texting, don't you?) saying "Yeah, you shouldn't have made them. I didn't ask for them."

So anyway, they are both right. I'm done eating the treats. They came out wonderful but I don't need them. I was proud of how they turned out and I had a few, but that kind of food will derail my weight loss. So I'm done.

My younger daughter suggested that I research healthy recipes and make those kinds of foods when I get the urge to cook or bake. True.

Anyway, my weight was up this morning when I woke up. It was very discouraging, especially since I had no alcohol this week and haven't gone to the movies to eat. However, the old body here is hanging on to the fat, and it's not going to let go until I up my exercise.

So @@bacon's challenge came just in time. I'm going to push that extra mile each day. It's not that hard because I was a sedentary slug, so every extra bit helps.

As for the 5k, I'm starting to believe it is doable. My knee pain was gone today like a miracle when the steroid shots kicked in finally. I walked the dog around the neighborhood and felt really good.

My mini goal this week is to get back down to 195 by next Sunday. I'm going to walk an extra mile each day and stay away from alcohol and sweets and movie crapcorn.

My daughter is in town until next weekend, and I'm taking her and her cousins out to Olive Garden Monday for dinner. I will have Soup and salad and a meatball and NO breadsticks.

I'm very happy to have this thread for daily check in. Thank you all.

How did everyone do?

Today's plan.

B 3 small sausage patties.

S 2 oz. Pretzel pb thingies..

L 1/2 cup sloppy joe.

S med Apple.

D whatever the commander fixes.

Going to walk a bit and get at least 200 step ups at work. I plan to get 20 min or so elliptical in before dinner. I have training after work tonight so it really depends on that. If it stays warm we will try to throw the boys in the red wagon and take a walk round the hillbilly subdivision.

Water Water water..

Lets get the week started off right. Last week is gone and some of us got the trash kicked out of us. Praying for strength today.

Well it looks like everyone had a pretty good weekend...I did too. My food choices were good! I did partake in a few glasses of wine but my hubby works soooo much that I enjoyed sitting and back porch relaxin! I did not exercise this weekend but I'm ok with that. My gym isn't open and I just stayed busy around the house. This is my 3 rd day with the hidden scale. Hasn't been too bad but I sure wanted to weigh this morning!

@@bacon I accept your 6 mile challenge! I will look into the 5 k thing but for now I will commit to the 6 miles!

Today

B-- sausage patty and boiled egg

L-- leftover chili

S--babybel cheese & almonds

D-- green chile chicken casserole (new ill let you know)

Have a great day!

Gooooooood Moooorning!!! Sounds like we're kicking tail and taking names today and I love it! This thread has become so much more than accountability for me, it's like a support group. I'm so thankful for that, but mostly for each of you.

Today's plan:

B-8oz shake w/fiber

L-yogurt w/fiber & granola

A-8oz shake w/fiber

D-chicken salad

72 oz Water & 5 miles of walking

667 c, 89 p, 38 nc

Okay, winners, let's do it! I'll check back later. Have a swell day and take care of you.

PS- On a selfish note, if you believe in the power of prayer, I could use it. We are house-hunting and need God's clarity and wisdom. We want to be completely in His will and need Him to guide our path. God needs to work here because this is a tough housing market for us. My agent is awesome, but God will get all of the glory. Prayers for all of that would be appreciated, this is a stressful season for us and we just desire to be obedient.

Happy Monday all! Took a nice break from electronics this weekend. I am on the computer all day everyday as part of my work/life so it's nice to have that break when I can take it.

Still coming out of my "funk" so to speak. I have to tell you all that the weather changes in NY and this whole time change thing really do a number on my body. I do not adapt as quickly as I would like no matter how I try to flip it.

Anyway, my belly is still not forgiving me lightly I'm sure the antibiotics are helping in one way and not so much in others.

Today...working on keeping up the Water. Not falling asleep and hitting my head on the desk.

B-protein bar

L-Soup

S- string cheese

D- Hope the hubs makes some turkey chili for us! :)

Fired up today. Walking the stairs at work. On lunch break I'll walk the neighborhood around my office since it's finally warm here. Breakfast was sausage and bacon. lunch will be a cheese stick and a package of Buddig beef and some peanuts. dinner will be Olive Garden as mentioned.

I can do this!!

Edited by JustWatchMe

Heeeey I see everyone is on a roll today! Awesome! It must be the turn in the weather, I know it's definitely increased my energy!!!

The weekend was good! Stayed on plan for the most part. Added in a couple of things on Saturday but balanced it out yesterday.

The plan for today:

B: Yogurt & trail mix 250 cal 17p

L: 4oz grilled turkey tenderloin with grilled zucchini and squash- Approx. 280 cal 25 p

D: Approx 4oz chicken griller with a side salad Approx. 309 cal 32p

S: Skinny Cow Ice Cream- 160 cal

999 cal 74p

Water 88oz

Exercise @@bacon I accept your 6 mile challenge for the week. I will begin by walking at least 1 mile this evening.

@@s_suther praying for God's guidance for your family.

Watch out world, here we come!! :)

Edited by enjoythetime

I just walked slightly over 2 miles on my lunch hour. Walking a 5k will be a breeze. I didn't realize a 5k was 3.1 miles. My knees won't let me jog, but I can walk. Yay!!

I hope all is well with everyone. I am finding it hard to get online as much as lately due to school and the end of the 9 weeks. Grades are due, all that mess.

I am not finding myself hungry and today I was low on food. Exercise has not been so amazing, but I did walk today, a total of almost 3.5 miles.

B - coffee

L - Quest bar

D - 2 eggs, 3 bacon

Water - at least 76 oz

hot tea

No Coke Zero today.

Finished Monday on plan. Feeling great.

Monday was on plan...and my new green chile enchilada was yummy. The hubs called it a keeper! Didn't make it to he gym but did a 2 mile video at home

Today....

B--1/2 Protein shake in coffee and a Greek yogurt

L-- leftover chicken green chile cass

S--turkey Jerky and a babybel

D-- grilled salmon and veggies

Have a great day!

@ssuther praying that God will lead you to the home he has planned for you!

Edited by 2babutterfly

Yesterday didn't go exactly as planned in that I didn't eat much dinner and calories were LOW. I don't eat when I'm stressed. I got 64 oz of Water and my morning exercise. The usual evening walk didn't happen because we met our agent to see a couple of houses. My normal 72 oz of Water didn't happen because we got home at 8:45 and I can't drink after about 7:30 or I risk reflux. I did what I could and didn't veer off course with food (as I could have on a couple of occasions yesterday), so I'm okay with it.

Today's plan:

B-8 oz shake w/ Fiber

L-bacon & egg pita

S-8 oz shake w/ Fiber

D-pork loin

72 oz water

30 min am & 45 min pm exercise

836c, 82p, 35nc

@2babutterfly- Thank you! This house-hunting thing is no joke! My husband and I built our last two homes in GA. The housing market is SO different here, that's not gonna happen and finding one to meet our needs is proving more difficult than I anticipated. Thank you for the prayers.

Let's rock this thing today!!! Have a swell day and take care of you!!!

Yesterday is gone...it wasn't so bad. I did make a few subs to what I put down but nothing major. A couple of pretzel rods added to my day. I don't need the carbs but they aren't gonna kill me...and I was on plan and running around most of the day.

Today I brought all the essentials with me to work!

B-Greek yogurt/Coffee

L-Turkey Chili (hubs made last night!)

S- String cheese

D-Tuna on Vegie crackers

So far got in my 4 flights of stairs, and I do hope to make it out of the office if it doesn't rain, I'd like to get a new top for my birthday tomorrow :)

The girls from the office are planning to take me to lunch. I think we will go to South of the Border...I'll check the menu and then dinner tomorrow night we will do a nice fish dinner at our favorite place so I'll keep the calorie/fat intake low and this weekend back to the gym!! Booking a session with the trainer now. :)

2.75 mile walk at lunch. Breakfast and lunch were all Protein. Planning a Jimmy John's Unwich for supper.

Sorry I have not checked in today. We had a very serious accident this weekend within our fleet. It has been one conference call after another.

Breakfast was 3 small sausage patties.

L was some summer sausage 3 oz. And 2oz of peanuts.

It is my brides birthday today, so if I ever make it home, we are going to big boy as a family. I will have a big boy no bun and a side salad.