Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

@@punkinvine - good to hear from you. Sounds like you're busy. And cold!

@@enjoythetime - a HUGE victory in my world!!!! Way to take control and make healthy choices!

@@JustWatchMe - loving your posts as you work the plan without logging. You're an inspiration!

@@bacon - nice loss this week. Your hard work with planning food & exercise is paying off!!

Meals are planned, I'll do 96 oz of Water to help flush yesterday's food choices, and I've already done a 40 minute cardio video. I'll do a 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone and my family this evening.

Let's make it work today!

I appreciate each of you sharing along the way. I enjoy, and learn from, your daily check-ins. Thank you for taking this journey with me and holding me accountable.

BTW...

@@enjoythetime - reading your food logs made me want to give Greek yogurt another try. I've found a low cal/low carb one that I'm really enjoying. I add 2 tbl of granola (again copying you & your trail mix) and it's awesome. My doc will be pleased that I'm actually having Breakfast now. Thank you for posting, sharing what you eat. It's helped me and others, I'm sure. That's what it's all about!!

@@s_suther you're so sweet! Thank you for starting this thread and for filling it with positive inspiration! It's truly does make a difference when you know there are people who will hold you accountable but in a positive caring way so thank you!

it's funny because I despised yogurt until I found this one. It's funny how they all vary in texture flavor etc. Now a day without my yogurt is a bad day:-). Adding something crunchy really helped me as well, it adds more substance and seems to keep me satisfied longer. Now a day without my yogurt is a bad day:-). So glad you found one you like!

Sacrifices = rewards!!!!! I got on the scale this morning and am down 2lbs of the 4lbs I'm struggling with. Making sacrifices when you really don't want to, when you have to force yourself to are the times when you really need too. I know if I had given in I wouldn't have seen the results I did this morning!

Today I will continue with my Water flush the goal is 96oz today @@s_suther we are on this float trip together:-)

Breakfast- Greek Yogurt with trail mix- 250 cal, 17 g Protein

Lunch- Skinny chicken Casserole- 250 cal (my hubby didn't eat it all:-)) approx. 29g Protein

snack if needed- Quest protein bar- 180 cal 20g protein

Dinner- Thinking I will do parmesan crusted tilapia with cauliflower and cheese (green giant)- approx. 286 cal. approx 25g protein

Snack- Skinny Cow icecream- 160 cal,

Shooting for 1200 calories or less, this comes in at 1126 with 91g of protein. SCORE:-)

Walk the stairs today for exercise

Maybe squeeze in the exercise video well see how much time will allow

@@JustWatchMe you're just an amazing person! You're the one who got my butt back involved on this board after being gone too long!! I owe you a huge thank you for that!!!!! You're real perspective and positive attitude are awesome! Great job on letting go of logging, you're doing great!

Let's get this people!!

Edited by enjoythetime

Since I have not been buying food on the road, and on the way home, we have quite a bit more money in the checkbook between paydays. More than enough to pay for a family membership to the YMCA. I think we are going to check it out tomorrow. @@enjoythetime sacrifice= rewards.

@@bacon Yes eating out adds up quickly!!! What a great way to put those $$ to good use!

@@bacon Yes eating out adds up quickly!!! What a great way to put those $$ to good use!

Another hungry day. I posted yesterday how I don't like to snack, and now I've snacked two days in a row. At 11am my stomach was growling. So I had a beef stick I kept in my desk. Just had lunch now at noon. A cup of chicken salad and a handful of peanuts. It's enough, and even if I get hungry before I get home, I'll wait for supper to eat again.

I've been drinking herbal hot tea and bottled Water instead of Decaf coffee.

I know the tiny band fill I got last week is working because at dinner yesterday I could feel restriction with solid chicken (almost got stuck but slowed down in time) and normally that meal never gets stuck for me, especially in the evening.

It's just this hunger between Breakfast and lunch that's throwing me off.

Well I got 2/3 of my stairs in already and 1/3 to go.

Also, today is very boring at work. Ding ding. Duh. Why didn't I make that connection earlier? Yesterday and today have been dull and boring. "Look busy" type of days. But the hunger is real growling. Hmm. I wonder if I usually get that hunger on busy days but just ignore it more easily?

@@JustWatchMe what are you eating for breakfast on your hungry days?

@@JustWatchMe what are you eating for breakfast on your hungry days?

Yesterday solid Protein - seafood salad. Today not so much -- crab Rangoon. I know, I know.

@@JustWatchMe I've been hungry all day today too!!! Was going to post this very thing;) Its not head hunger its my stomach growling at me constantly. I ate lunch today my normal portion 2 hours later stomach growling, drank some Water and that worked for about 30. Had to eat my Protein Bar for a snack and then was hungry again a couple hours later. I think its like anything else some days I'm completely satisfied, others not able to eat as much as normal and then days like today when I starve. We just have to stay the course and it will equal itself out.

How was your Protein consumption today and yesterday?

I hit 91g yesterday and then I read today that when you're hungry more often your metabolusm is burning higher I wonder if it has something to do with the increased protein the day before???

Sorry ramble over

Edited by enjoythetime

Exercise complete - 3 miles tonight with my husband and LS. That's 5 total today. food eaten was according to plan & 100 oz of Water for a flush.

Jumping in on the hunger issue...it's a rev in metabolism due to increased Protein, I bet. I went thru the same issue about a year ago. My NP had me go to 4 one cup "meals" a day, all Protein, and it helped. She wanted me to never be starving hungry, so I ate my four meals and a low-carb snack (nuts, yogurt, etc) if I needed it. After a while, I went back to three meals. If memory serves me, that happened after a tiny fill.

Okay, everyone, we're moving & grooving today! What's tomorrow's plan?

Mine:

B- yogurt w/ granola

L- Protein shake, 16 oz

D- sautéed shrimp

92 oz Water

1 hour+ of exercise

Had a good day until dinner...we went out and I ordered a child's chicken fried steak...I ate it but left almost all of the fries... I will be fine because we really don't eat out too much..so for tomorrow....

B--cottage cheese with diced peaches

L-- 1 cup chili

S--almonds

D--grilled chicken thighs and roasted veggies

Hope everyone had a great day!

Todays overview

Calories 1195

Water 94oz

Exercise big fat nothin:(

Tomorrows plan

Yogurt with trail mix

Grilled chix salad

Protein bar

Smothered baked chicken breasts with onions mushrooms and cheese, some sort of veggie

Skinny cow ice cream

I'm digging all the hard work! @@enjoythetime @@JustWatchMe I read a book some time back (being a constant dieter some else prob. read it too) the authors whole point of her diet was only eating when you are physically hungry. That would be the stomach growl. She said to welcome the hunger. Right before your stomach growls, your body will burn some stored fat. I try to eat by this and it can be tricky to sort them out. That said, she also highjacks scripture from the Bible to make her points. And to the student of the Word, it is both wrong and irritating. But the eating part makes a lot of sense.

Yesterday the eating was good up until after my meeting. I only had a small square piece of pizza and after the meeting, my boss told me I had web based training to do. Long story short, I ate a Wendy's chili on the way home and then my wife had made a wonderful meal and I had a bowl of beef n noodles. I should have planned better. The lunch I packed would have been fine for a regular day but the regular day turned in to 17 hrs away from the house.

Water went in. No exercise to speak of.

Today's plan. I'm fixin to go for a walk outside. It's cold (15) the winds are high, but I do not care. I'm aiming for over 3 miles. I have a dentist appt. this morning then we are taking the boys to do something fun. Meals will prob. be on the go all day but we will be busy.

Ya'll keep up the good work and have a good un!

Finished Wednesday strong. I guess I'll plan a snack if needed today. I don't want to move my lunch earlier than noon because that sets me up for being too hungry at dinner. I'm going to a restaurant for dinner tonight and won't overdo it.

Bringing beef pot roast for lunch and I'll have seafood salad for breakfast.

Edited by JustWatchMe