Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

???? Calling all March Sleevers....let's support each other!????

My pre-op diet is 3 weeks. I'm allowed 4 high Protein ensure and 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt. Seems extreme but I'm gonna keep doing whatever they ask. I would love to have some broth though! Lol

I'm on day 9 of my pre op diet and is anyone else finding it getting harder each day? In the beginning I wasn't craving much food nor was I hungry but now it seems like each day gets harder and harder. Surgery is Tuesday March 10th in NYC.

My day was march 3. I'm feeling one hundred percent better in comparison to surgery day. I'm leaving the hospital today and I can not wait to have this Iv out of me. It's been making it impossible to use my hands so I can't chat on here.

Had surgery Tue mar 3. Had sleeve and fixed my hernia. Went very well. No nausea. Keeping everything down (drinking very slowly). Had horrible gas pains in my shoulder yesterday for a few hours. Some lingering aching today. Also have a sore throat still. Overall way better experience than I expected. Did come home weighing 6 pounds more than I went in. Good thing I read these forums and knew that was coming or I would be upset. It has taken 3 days but it has all come off. Now for the real losing!!

My surgery was Tuesday the 3rd. I came home on the 4th. . I'm finding it hard to drink anything? But it's mostly because it doesnt taste good.

The gas is getting better but it's still there and traveling around inside me.

I'm experiencing some flem in my lungs so I try to cough up.

I also found that my weight went up 3 pounds since surgery. Has to be Water weight from the IV's.

I walked on the treadmill for 5 minutes and plan another walk outside sa soon as it warms up. I'm hopeful that things keep going in a positive direction.

I'm home! Sugery was Tuesday march 3rd, too. The first day in recovery was the worst--I was on pain killers that made me delirious. I had a Popsicle and I ate it way wayyyy too fast and then had a panic attack and thought I was going to die.

I'm pretty anti Popsicle now. Day two wasn't quite as bad as day one. Today has been okay. I got to shower and I felt like a million bucks.

I'm def struggling to get my liquids in. I'm sitting with 4 one ounce cups in front of me and refilling as much as I can. But I deffff feel the pain if I drink too fast. But even sips feel too fast?

I'm also trying to walk more and more but it's super winter here so outside is a no go. I don't want any dvt's.

My nose is super dry and each time I blow it, blood comes out. After every swallow my belly gurgles or fizzes, or squirms. It's always doing something. So weird.

I also gained when I woke up. When I left today, I was at the weight I went in at. Hopefully the number keeps moving and I get enough fluids and Proteins. Because it is definitely turning out to be a problem already

Well, had surgery Tuesday went home around 4pm. Drain removed next day. Tody just sore. But it took them 3 hrs to do about an hr and 45 min surgery. He said I had a slip and tons of scar tissue....I may have posted this already. If so I apologize.

Wonder if I can submit that to insurance for possible repayment whether it's partial or not I don't care.

I'm struggling with liquids too. I did have a Popsicles today and found it although refreshing it caused bubbles and thick saliva it felt like I had slime in my stomach or at the back of my throat.

I'm stll feeling the affects of anesthesia, I can't seem to stay awake, my dreams are very vivid and I wake myself up talking in my sleep or making hand gestures.

That is so strange.