Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

???? Calling all March Sleevers....let's support each other!????

I was sleeved on Tuesday and the gas pains and the ab muscle pain was totally awful. And then, I was on a super super strong pain killer (to help us forget, no doubt) and it made me super loopy and I was in and out of sleep. Each time I woke up in a panic like I had forgotten what i had done lol. Once they changed the med I was on I was much much better.

Gas x dissolvable strips helped me, too.

Yesterday I got all of my Protein and liquids in and I felt great. I actually questioned if the doctor "did anything" or if I was experiencing some type of placebo effect because it was just so surprisingly easy. I was actually kind of mad thinking, "if it's this easy I'll never lose weight," and kinda went to bed mad a little bit.

Flash forward to right now. I am trudging along through a shake, and I've got 3 oz down and I'm full. Yesterday, I had nooo problem. I didn't even feel like I was pushing myself. It was like the sky opened up lol.

This whole experience has been totally strange so far. It's definitely a learning curve tho.

Height: 5ft 1in

HW 278

SW 250

After surgery I was up 6 pounds from fluids.

CW 246.2

Hope all the pre ops are getting excited! It all goes by very very fast in the grand scheme of things.

Hope all the post ops are managing through. I'm with you every step of the way!

I am avoiding telling people about my surgery because I have already had some comments from a family member and I don't want to hear it from others.

This is exactly why I didn't tell anyone but my husband and a friend who are both going through the motions for surgery too.

I told my mom and sad I was in the hospital when I was in recovery. Nothing before hand. And afterward I told them it was a hernia repair.

When people start noticing/asking maybe I'll consider telling them. But as of right now, I don't need their negativity. I support the decision to keep quiet about it.

I am avoiding telling people about my surgery because I have already had some comments from a family member and I don't want to hear it from others.

This is exactly why I didn't tell anyone but my husband and a friend who are both going through the motions for surgery too.

I told my mom and sad I was in the hospital when I was in recovery. Nothing before hand. And afterward I told them it was a hernia repair.

When people start noticing/asking maybe I'll consider telling them. But as of right now, I don't need their negativity. I support the decision to keep quiet about it.

Same here! I am hard enough on myself without opening myself up to external judgements! But seriously, negativity impacts our recovery and I, for one, can't risk that.

5 days post op. Actually ate a teaspoon of thin oatmeal with 4 oz of Protein Shake. Almost made me feel human. Feel much better than day 4 but still have gas pains that like to move from shoulder to shoulder depending on how I am sitting or laying. I swear it seems to travel to the highest point at the time. Still disgusted that in 5 days I am only back to my surgery weight after a 5 pound gain in the hospital. But reading these posts, I am hanging in there knowing it will be OK. What a mental battle though. Keep wondering if I'm doing everything right. Making sure I take my Vitamins, etc and just keep moving forward!

Had my surgery on Tuesday. Unfortunately it didn't go as planned and had to do emergency surgery a couple of hours later. Had four pints of blood and was finally released today. My experience has certanly made me second guess this surgery. I wish everyone much luck. I may have to go back to the hospital if I have any symptoms of low hemoglobin.

I feel a bit better today and will probably feel even better when I get something to eat. My doctor has his post-op patients on broth, sugar free Jello and Water for a week. I am trying to move around to regain strength. I also have pain in my left shoulder. I am hoping it is gas and will go away.

Day 6 and I am finally back to my pre surgery weight (I had gained a little over 7 pounds)... still no BM... but up to a 1/2 Protein Shake twice a day, a half cup of broth, a sf ff yogurt, and a sf ff Jello or pudding... not really sure if its too much or not enough... what should I be able to get down at this point?

Edited by BrandNewCB

Surgery set March 10 been on a two week pre op diet it was hard at first but I'm much better now and I know it a b worth it in the end.

Edited by kaymonee

Brandnewcb, I have the same question. I am on full liquids for two weeks and I've been able to do 3 shakes and 3 bottles of Water without any issue, just have to keep at it/go slow. But I never have to stop because I'm full.

I'm worried I have a broken sleeve..

Hi all,

My date is March 16th at 7:30. I am really excited and can't wait to that day, but I am really nervous as well.

Hi Mo,

I didn't required a pre-op diet. I needed to lose some weight before getting approved, but nothing else. I'm schedule for March 16th

Juli

Hello March Sleevers!

I was just approved. My surgery date is March 25th. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I only have to do a 7 day pre-op diet. I thought it would be 2 weeks. Is this normal, or has anyone else had to do less than two weeks.

Also, I would love to hear from others having surgery on this day.

Take care,

Mo