Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

Hi January sleepers that are a little more than a month out,

How are you doing?

Feeling?

Healing?

Weight loss?

Emotions?

Would love to hear a little about some of the phases your going through over the first 4-5 weeks.

I'm 19 days and doing well although today a little emotional for the first time because of spasms.

Confession...I drank a diet soda today. I'm fine. No crazy side effects. I really craved it! Ugh! I hope I don't make this a habit. Shame on me

4.5 weeks out. Feel so so much better. Losing somewhat slowly, had to lower my carbs. Only problem is that I wake up at 2,3, or 4 every morning when I could sleep till like 715. Then after that I'm so sleep I can barely stay up past 9. But still thankful for no complications.

My weekends my entire life has been soda so I cannot drink it ever. I can't find out if it's ok lol so I tell myself like my Dr said that it'll make me sick etc...

I could lower my carbs more if I tried. I've been in ketosis for probably 6 weeks although I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow. Energy level wakes me up early too. I lost 14 lbs like first 10 days and now have just fluctuated up and down a few lbs here and there for the last 10 days. I started working out pretty hard 3 days ago, that feels great and I think will jump start me.

What do you call slow over 4.5 weeks?

How are you doing?

Feeling?

Healing?

Weight loss?

Emotions?

Would love to hear a little about some of the phases your going through over the first 4-5 weeks.

I'm 19 days and doing well although today a little emotional for the first time because of spasms.

Today is my one month follow up. I have a pic from when I started the wls on 8-19-2014 and today.

Hw 276

Sw 260 surgery 1-19-15

CW?? About 240

post-242715-14241868959114_thumb.jpg post-242715-14241869130522_thumb.jpg

I'm doing very well but certainly had my ups and downs. For the most part getting in my Proteins and fluids. I do need to be more disciplined with except use and drinking water! I'm sure I'll get reminded of that today at my appt.

Good luck on your journey. Keep us posted.

How are you doing?

Feeling?

Healing?

Weight loss?

Emotions?

Hi there! Up until the last couple of days, I probably would have said I have only positives to report. And that's still mostly true! But I have been really struggling with slimies/blorping the past 3 days. I've gone from being able to easily eat things to not being able to get down 1/3 of a Protein shake without sliming. :( I'm thinking that my sleeve is probably a bit irritated from all the blorping action, though. Seeing my surgeon tomorrow. In the meantime, taking things very slow and trying to focus on getting in all my liquid.

I'm just under 5 weeks out, about 35lbs down including the pre-op diet. Emotions are fine, so far. :) Healing is good--still have some discomfort in the large incision when I bend over, but aside from that nothing.

I've been struggling to get myself back to the gym. I'm in Boston and we have SO MUCH SNOW that leaving the house at all is an enormous undertaking. Trying to motivate!

Honestly, this might sound weird, but aside from the times I'm eating, I feel totally normal, like the surgery never happened. Eating is still touch and go, and I'm still learning (witness my above discussion about sliming!). But I feel so much better than I did the first 2 weeks, for sure!

Thanks for the info

First question

What's sliming lol

Ha!! Here's hoping you never personally experience the answer to this question! :) Basically, when you eat too much/too fast/the wrong thing, you overproduce saliva. It has nowhere to go so you end up spitting it out. But you probably won't spit it ALL out, so you'll swallow some, which will overfill your sleeve and lead to you "blorping" (sort of vomiting, but more like a burp that raged out of control) up jellyfish-blobs of thickened saliva. Fun times! And very sexy. *winking*

OMG lol thank goodness you told me this, I would have thought I was dying!

:)

I've been doing well and the last 3-4 days more trouble swallowing and having to slow down even Water intake. Top of my throat has a small area feels odd as well. Going to doc tomorrow.

I also feel normal except when eating, I feel pretty great, no regrets!

Down 27lbs total since pre-op diet, 14 since surgery. I realize that's great, just disappointed that nothing in past like 8-9 days. Seems odd...

13 pounds...very slow...lost so much on the two week pre op diet then it just about stopped all together after surgery, but I'm still thankful

Ha!! Here's hoping you never personally experience the answer to this question! :) Basically, when you eat too much/too fast/the wrong thing, you overproduce saliva. It has nowhere to go so you end up spitting it out. But you probably won't spit it ALL out, so you'll swallow some, which will overfill your sleeve and lead to you "blorping" (sort of vomiting, but more like a burp that raged out of control) up jellyfish-blobs of thickened saliva. Fun times! And very sexy. *winking*

you were probably posting this at the very time that I was doing this for the first time. I ate some meat that was too dry, it didn't bother me at first then after a while I felt like I was going to be sick for the first time, the extra saliva and all, oh I felt horrible I thought I was going to die lol, and I did exactly what you said kinda threw up that extra stuff a couple times and eventually felt better. I wish I had read a good description of this before hand. I feel better now but scared to death to easy anything even remotely solid.

It is really hard to get outside it is freezing and the snow is covering up the walking trails. Not to be a priss but I'm not tramping through snow and risking a twisted ankle. I need to work out so bad though cause I've been pretty sedentary the past three days and believe me the scales and inches are proving it already. it would really stink cause I just broke my stall and would love to be a big loser in the first 6 months. I need to get something I can work out on in my condo but it is just so small and those things are so big and bulky. ugh if it is not one thing it is another right? Just need a lil break here.

It is really hard to get outside it is freezing and the snow is covering up the walking trails. Not to be a priss but I'm not tramping through snow and risking a twisted ankle. I need to work out so bad though cause I've been pretty sedentary the past three days and believe me the scales and inches are proving it already. it would really stink cause I just broke my stall and would love to be a big loser in the first 6 months. I need to get something I can work out on in my condo but it is just so small and those things are so big and bulky. ugh if it is not one thing it is another right? Just need a lil break here.

Trying doing a workout at home, I did the insanity workout today and I got some Zumba videos on YouTube. With the insanity I can not do all the exercises, the ones I can't do I do something else. But I don't stop moving. I have been at a stall and it's driving me crazy and I have been feeling depressed. We can do this!

Oh gosh I have done that a few times before! I didn't know what to call it! I did it when I put pineapple in my smoothie and the first time I try ground beef and cauliflower. When that happens it's like my stomach telling me it's not quite ready for it.

If that's sliming, how do you know when you are dumping?