Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

Try bariatriceating.com. She has products but also a lot of recipes. I bought her book after my band and I re-read before my sleeve. I've tried some and they are good. JamieLogical recommended a book by Dr Duc Vuong about living with the sleeve and that was helpful too.

Ok so I went out to eat tonight and had roasted chicken. I had about 4 bites and it was enough but I feel like it is just sitting in my throat. It is the worst feeling. I then want to naturally drink something to wash it down but obviously can't I think this is the worst part of the whole sleeve. I will live but it is uncomfortable. I guess I should of only had 3 bites.

veronica,

There is a lap-band technique I used (as did many lap-banders) when that full, food stuck feeling is there.

Breath deep using your stomach muscles, pushing the air out using your stomach muscles and walk around. For some reason it helps.

I've been using it with the sleeve and it seems to help. Maybe just keeps my mind off the horrible feeling.

thanks I'll try that out. I actually so have a question for my sleevers. Have any of you been experiencing light headed feeling? I'm going to the doctor on Friday to get some blood work done but my goodness it is really starting to get to me. Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. I def eat enough. Thinking it might be my anemia though.

I had a number of episodes with lightheadedness. Dr took me off one of my bp meds and that helped. I had an episode this am and realized after reviewing my food log that I'd not had enough Protein yesterday. Also if I forget Vitamins it happens. I'm on a zillion meds for lyme and once in a while I would forget what I have and haven't taken. I had to set up a system and now so I contemplate track. Sometimes it's hard to be a human!

I push my fitness pall all the time.

Not only can you log everything you take, but you can set as many reminders to pop up as you want,

Might help

Yes, I use MFP too but only for the log. I'll look into the reminders. Thanks!

Surgery was on Jan 19. I'm the ED for a health realted non profit and sometimes the time just gets away from me. I have Water bottles all over my office and the water cooler right outside my door, but I still get too focused and forget to actually put them to my mouth. I have been better this week and have had better weight loss because of it. It is a learning process, that's for certain. :>

Well I made a dumb error in eating yesterday. I kept my calories in the 500 zone which is fine but I ate the inside of a burrito and guess it was so sodium loaded that I was actually two pounds heavier this morning. Talk about bumming me out. So I guess I'm going to load the Water in so I can now flush it out. It is really annoying. When we have so lil to eat and something so small can affect us. I get bummed cause I don't ever want to see this scale go up in the next 6 months.

So after a week of staying home due to a nasty head cold, I finally got to the pool! Yay! I swam for an hour and it felt amazing.

If there are any swimmers here, I highly recommend underwater MP3 players. I listen to music and it really helps the time pass quickly.

Here is the link to the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Player-Swimming-Sports-Standard/dp/B00E11BNVY/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1425132369&sr=1-6&keywords=Aerb

@@Veronica Page I know how you must feel, but don't let that bring you down. Look at all the weight you already lost! How amazing! Setbacks of any kind are inevitable. I had that plateau that lasted 2 weeks and then I got sick for another week, but I'm back on track now. Just drink Water and you will be just fine. My weight can fluctuate by 2 lbs every day. Sometimes my morning weight is 4-6 lbs less than my evening weight. Don't be bummed, you are doing great! :)

So happy I found this thread. I was sleeved on January 29th, so I'm just past the one month mark. I have lost 39 lbs since the start of the process and 11 since surgery. I have been on a stall for more than a week, which has been making me looney!

Reading about how many January sleevers have gone through/are going through the same thing makes me feel a little better. I have been bouncing up and down the same .4 pounds for over a week which definitely messes with your head.

So far my recovery has been smooth sailing. I have done really well with every food I've tried, and with the exception of early-on lactose intolerance, I have tolerated everything. I'm slowly reintroducing regular skim milk to see how my body handles it. Overall, I am very pleased.

I have not slimed or thrown up, but I definitely struggle to identify the "I'm full" signal. On more than one occasion I've done one or two bites too many and felt serious uncomfortable pain for a while.

I do still experience hunger, but I'm satisfied with so much less than I ever would have thought.

I have yet to introduce regular exercise, but that is next on the agenda.

Glad to see everyone is doing so well!

post-238353-14251413498101_thumb.jpg

Been at a stall for the last week. The weight seems to be slow. I'm not totally freaking out yet. I've lost 30 pounds since jan 1st. Hw 274 Sw 264 cw 244. Surgery was Jan 13.

I'm following the plan, getting close to my Protein goal every day. Need to work on liquids and need to start exercising.

I've attached a face shot of surgery day and today. I can tell a difference! Just can't wait for more!!