Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

@mcduffield You can get the strips from any pharmacy store like CVS, Wal-Mart, Smith's. They're a little pricey at $20 but last awhile. They're highly effective at scar reduction. Dermarolling uses a roller of tiny needles to superficially penetrate the skin. Not deep enough to bleed but will create micro punctures to allow for skin repair mechanisms (increased collagen, elastin, keratin production) to heal the area. Vanishes surface scarring like stretch marks, acne scars, age spots, cuts, etc. Will clear anything the strips can't fix.

Ok I'm having a hard week. I was thinking that we stall was not going to completely bother me but holy cow it is playing with my emotions to a point I woke up crying like a two yr old child. I just need to see something move. I don't want to feel this way but I don't know how to stop. Any advice from anyone who has gone through this yet? It is killing me

Veronica, don't worry about the stall. I had mine for a week and today got on the scale and was down 2 lbs. Everyone seems to be stalling, so don't worry about it. You will get past this. Keep your chin up!

Ok I'm having a hard week. I was thinking that we stall was not going to completely bother me but holy cow it is playing with my emotions to a point I woke up crying like a two yr old child. I just need to see something move. I don't want to feel this way but I don't know how to stop. Any advice from anyone who has gone through this yet? It is killing me

Im feeling cruddy today. Felt awesome on Fri and Sat, got in a lot of activity. Had to start a new malaria medicine for my Lyme co infection yesterday. Its a 3 day zap and its (or something is) making me nauseated and my picc line is really sore and itchy today. I've been on iv for nearly 6 mo. Today I'm so dizzy and light headed and tired. I can't tell if its all these meds or the fact that I'm not eating much or the Lyme itself or I overdid the last couple of days or if my blood pressure meds are wreaking havoc.

Thanks for the whine. I guess I'm feeling a little blue today. Just wanting to feel healthy.

@@mduffield You can get silicone strips for scars most anywhere w/ a pharmacy. They're about $20 but last forever. Advice from a mother with a barely visible c-section scar. Dermarolling is for later when you still deal with stretch marks and white incisions. It's a wheel with rows of tiny needles that penetrate the top layer of skin to produce collagen, elastin, and new keratin cells.

@@ICANDOIT! lucky you. I can't wait til it is me cause I'm an emotional wreck over mine. It has been 8 days since mine started I'm ready to see some sort of movement!

I gained 2 pounds ????! I am having so much trouble with the protein! I have tried so many flavors and unflavored. I just want to throw up every time. I barely eat anything, and I drink all my fluids. I need to work on meal plans but I don't know where to start. Every time I call my nut she is never in. I am feeling down, and thinking maybe the sleeve is not working on me ????

619raf

So sorry you are discouraged, hope it gets better. I call the nurse, skip the NUT. Maybe if you tell them your are nauseous and afraid you might vomit, and not losing weight, the nurse might be able to give you info the NUT can't. (I actually was vomiting)

I tried every Protein Drink. The only one I can do and actually like it is HMR. It's not talked about much on the blogs.

I like the chocolate 70 pudding mix, lactose free. I add extra Water so it isn't so think.

http://www.hmrprogram.com/index.cfm/HMRFoods/HMRShakes

Best wishes!

I gained 2 pounds ????! I am having so much trouble with the protein! I have tried so many flavors and unflavored. I just want to throw up every time. I barely eat anything, and I drink all my fluids. I need to work on meal plans but I don't know where to start. Every time I call my nut she is never in. I am feeling down, and thinking maybe the sleeve is not working on me ????

I don't like any Protein Drinks either, Why not try getting the Protein from original sources: Fish, chicken, cheese, soya etc, I pureed chicken and vegetables in the early stages, was delicious!

ONEDERLAND PPL!!!! Just had to share - 199 this morning!!

41lbs from start of pre op

21lbs from surgery!

39lbs to goal!

If you like coffee I've found adding sugar free carnation instant Breakfast French vanilla to folgers vanilla biscotti coffee goes down really nice.

I use unflavored nectar Protein when I cook. Add it to your creamy Soups or eggs. You can't taste anything and it gives you 10grams per scoop.

I hope that helps

What kind of exercise is everyone doing that is not uncomfortable?

I tried to do Pilates yesterday and any kind of crunches are still too painful.

Walking is okay. But I want to try something I can do in a workout video

Today I am 27 days post op. I've already lost 25lbs, (6 pre-op and 19 post-op). Since my 2 week visit and starting mushy foods, i've only been losing a couple of ounces a day if at all. I know I need to watch my carbs and get in a little more Protein, and I really need to get on the treadmill.

Once I switched to regular foods-I started to feel fantastic! I won't lie-it was a rough couple of weeks. I didn't need anything in the hospital other than the gas strips, a hair elastic and lose clothing to go home in. I was too tired and drowsy to do anything during my stay. I definitely felt the effects of the anesthesia-and slept about 20 hours a day for the first 5 days home. All I did was wake up to do a couple of laps around the house, drink a Protein shake and sip some Water and feel depressed and weepy.

I for sure had the post sleeve blue's, and even woke myself up with a couple of scary panic attacks- thinking what have I done to myself?, this is forever!, i'll never be able to have a cadbury egg again, etc... I also spent way too much time looking up post op problems! A little gas and I had convinced myself I had a leak. A pulled ab muscle and I was sure it was my gallbladder. I'm telling you-my hormones were making me CRAZY! I felt so scattered and thought I'd never be able to remember anything again. And the food dreams! I woke up from a nap last week and the hubby was laughing at me. Apparently I was in mid-bite as I woke myself up. BUT, good news-those have slowly disappeared a little more each day and now-almost a month post op I'm better than ever.

I'm pissed I'll never be able to take ibuprofen again. And I'm sad for myself that I had to do something so dramatic and traumatic because I wasn't emotionally strong enough to do it on my own. And this whole part about really having to feel my own feelings is hard as hell! But now-just 3.5 weeks post op, I can already say this was the best decision of my life.

It's nice having the control taken away from me and given to my sleeve. I love the compliments from my hubby, and noticing how lose my clothes are getting. I love how my skin is clearing up, and my terrible 2 o'clock headaches have gone away. And I love looking through my closet at some of my old skinny clothes-the fabulous ones that I just couldn't part with... and I can't wait to wear them again soon.

My advice to any newbies is make sure you have some hobbies. The only hobbies I had were working, eating, cooking, drinking, reading while snacking or going out to eat. I'm having to reinvent myself now and it's not as easy as I'd hoped.

Onwards and upwards sleevers. I'm sure the lack of sun up here in New England isn't helping my pity party, but the days are already getting longer and spring is just around the corner.