Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

I hit my first stall :(( down 38lbs since 1/1 preop diet sleeved 1/7 I hear its normal but still stinks

38 lbs is amazing! Don't worry about a stall. A stall means your body is working on repairing. Fat is metabolized in cycles from most dangerous to least. Think of it like carving a turkey for thanksgiving depending on the want of each guest. One wants dark meat, then white meat, then a leg, then a thigh, then dark meat again etc. You've come a long way in a very short amount of time. If your weight didn't move after 2 weeks, then you can look to adding some activity or drinking more Water.< /p>

@@Aprilhoffman78 38 is awesome! I was sleeved day after you on the 8th. I'm only down 17. Been stalled since last week :(

I'm only down 11 since surgery 1/7. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Did anyone else get internal stitching with their procedure? It makes one of your incisions look like a dimple. I did and it's the only thing I'm struggling with after surgery. A lot of pain and discomfort from time to time.

I had internal dissolve stitching. I had a little pain a few days ago but nothing some children's Tylenol couldn't remedy. Usually stitches are kept in for 2 weeks, so your pain is probably flesh filling in where the stitches dissolved.

@@egeland942010 Hey I too live in colorado but in the Springs. Good luck on your recovery and stay strong. yes walk and walk it helps sooo much.

Oh I have been struggling today and yesterday with head hunger. I really want something to chew but I don't chew ice and I'm not really thinking that chewing food and spitting it out is something I'm even willing to do. I'm just tired of drinking everything that past my lips. Any one have a suggestion?

8 days post op and NO WEIGHTLOSS!!! I gained 4-5 lbs post op and believed it to be fluids however its now been 8 days and not 1 lb lost!! It sounds like everyone else has lost at least SOMETHING by now!! Now I am starting to get a little worried! I am a lower BMI of 33 and I knew I would lose slower but not THIS slow!!!!! :/

1 week post op down 15lbs since surgery. I noticed that becoming creative with your Protein Drinks really help a lot. Start with a good Protein mix (whey) whether its amp max premier lean body jay robs Isopure find your match this is important. Next Google protein recipes your interested in you must shop for all ingredients and follow the recipe to the T. Make sure your measuring right and for the liquid part try and use real milk (non fat 1% 2%etc) because that's what has the most protein in it. I use lactaid free with Calcium (yellow top blue container)(has 10g of protein in 1 serving that's a lot and that's just to liquify your shake. Another key important rule I have learned is GREEK YOGURT! CHOBANI IS 20G PROTEIN for a cup! That's 30g protein without p. powder already. Next have fun in the frozen fruit in fresh fruit aisle also spice n flavor booster aisles... Buy SF Carmel, sf vanilla, pumpkin spice, chai,decaf instant coffee add some to a dark choc recipe and bam your very own mocha FRAP. Or pumpkin/chair frap, also key lime pie protein drinks you only need, lime lemon juice and non fat cool whip for this recipe (I also bought 50%reduced fat graham cracker pie crust) to add to it to give it a more pie like flavor. You have to make the best out of this liquid stage. Even if it's a little higher in sugar than recommended. The key importance is getting fluids and protein in. You can always make good sugar choices though for example I use stevia in the raw to add sweetness and plain Greek chobani yogurt vs. Vanilla flavored. You can also get SF Torani syrups and Starbucks syrups online. For Soups get creative. I like going to restaurants every day for what I feel is a treat getting anywhere from a lobster bisque, clam chowder to even chili from Wendy's go home heat it up then blend the hell out of it so there's no lumps or bumps. My NUTRITIONIST SAID... AS long as it runs off your spoon with ease its considered a liquid! Even if its potato buds in a box thinned out with milk/water or buttery cream of wheat thinned out with Water. When you master the art of liquefying you'll be so much happier n satisfied. I promise hope this helps cause it's helped me. Also Popsicles with the cream on the inside is a good treat and lactaid free low sugar ice cream with a splash of milk in the blender is so satisfying. We have already been deprived of no texture food until about month two/3 so let's make the best of it. Also I hear the Bariatric Advantage chews(chewies)not gummies for a multi Vitamin option are the best they come in choc. Peanut Butter n orange flavor. Good luck

I was sleeved 1/14/15 if anyone would like to keep in touch email me: Briconnect@gmail.com com

I was a big foodie so when it comes to what to eat I really take charge lol hate to be deprived love being satisfied and love looking good. I would love to share ideas HMU! BRI

Also I hear Unflavored Isopure Protein Powder is the best if you don't like or are sick of all the choc,vanilla n strawberry whey's. Good luck hope this helps!

Go to pinrest.com search Protein Shakes the recipes look so good... I'm picking up some "cookie butter" from trader joes later to add to a new Protein recipe.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes.htm

http://greatist.com/eat/high-protein-smoothie-recipes

@@Happy2BMe1 So your doctor allowed you to be on complete solids instantly and did not have to go through a transition of Clear Liquids? I noticed that I'm the only one with the clear liquids. I did too look on pinterst for Protein Shakes since I have to be on complete solids for 15 days as well. I do not even start the pureed phase until Feb 23rd which I find a lil difficult and hard but what can I do. I lost 86% of my stomach and my sleeve is crazy small. Well good luck on your journey and congrats on the weight loss.

I'm 2 weeks out today. 15.6lb down since surgery and 22nd loss total since preop. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for real food! !! Just 1 more week of liquids. ..

I'm down a total of 26lbs since I started my pre-op diet and that makes 12 lbs loss since surgery on 1/12. I am definitely ready for the next phase. It's been tough holding on to eating liquids only and Water. I've had my fill of Protein Shakes and would like to get to pureed sooner than later! LOL!

I have been trying to mix things up and try a variety of Soups and that has helped but a girl is ready to actually chew on something of substance. So Monday is my big day and I've already started planning in my mind all the healthy things I can puree, or get in that are soft!!! YAY!

I hope you guys are doing well and healing well!

SM

I was sleeved on the 12th. I lost 5 lbs right away but have been stuck at 232lbs for 7 days. I so badly want to see 220's. I am briskly walking 2 miles a day, drinking Water, and getting in my Protein and doing well with pureed foods. I think I'm ready to throw away the scales!!

@@Veronica Page.... I was only on Clear Liquids 2 days before surgery to help shrink my liver and in hospital when I was able to be discharged from the hospital then I was able to be on full liquids that's anything liquid and not clear. So yes food as long as no lumps/clumps(through the strainer) and able to run easy off a spoon. Example: Thinned applesauce but no pudding or yogurt. You can thin out anything though with juice Water or milk lol. And @ReadyForMe PLEASE SHARE ALL SOFT FOOD IDEAS I CANT WAIT FOR TEXTURE EITHER!