Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will be thinking of you chubby 1 during your surgery tomorrow my surgery was last Monday I was so nervous my blood pressure sky rocketed they knew it was nerves anesthesiologist wasn't concern once they gave me sedative I calmed down. We all get nervous think it's a natural instinct. Best wishes for tomorrow.

It's been a week since my surgery. Since last Monday I've lost about 10 pounds. Yesterday I ended up in the ER think more paranoia. Felt my heart rate was elevated and had shortness of breathe. Signs of a blood clot. I've been taking my blood thinning shots and walking. They did a CT scan and ekg and they both came out good. My oxygen level was 96 which was good especially I live at altitude. I am feeling nausea not wanting my shakes. I am feeling constipated too hoping that passes. My tube comes out Thursday drainage has slowed down. My tube started leaking but Dr said perfectly normal think I just get too freaked out about everything !

It's been a week since my surgery. Since last Monday I've lost about 10 pounds. Yesterday I ended up in the ER think more paranoia. Felt my heart rate was elevated and had shortness of breathe. Signs of a blood clot. I've been taking my blood thinning shots and walking. They did a CT scan and ekg and they both came out good. My oxygen level was 96 which was good especially I live at altitude. I am feeling nausea not wanting my shakes. I am feeling constipated too hoping that passes. My tube comes out Thursday drainage has slowed down. My tube started leaking but Dr said perfectly normal think I just get too freaked out about everything !

I ended up in the hospital yesterday also. I started having nausea around 4pm Saturday then came dry heaving and stomach pain. With no sleep and sixteen hours later, I just couldn't take it anymore. They gave me morphine and anti-nausea meds thru an IV and did a scan on me to check for blockage. Everything turned out fine and I'm feeling much better today other than feeling really weak. I think I'll try taking some MOM to get things moving in that area too since it's been since last Thursday.

Hope you're feeling better today.

Will be thinking of you chubby 1 during your surgery tomorrow my surgery was last Monday I was so nervous my blood pressure sky rocketed they knew it was nerves anesthesiologist wasn't concern once they gave me sedative I calmed down. We all get nervous think it's a natural instinct. Best wishes for tomorrow.

That is such a great thing to hear. My surgery is tomorrow I check in at 5 30 am. I am a bundle of nerves and my blood pressure goes up easily. I have been really nervous my blood pressure will be up and they won't do surgery. Good wishes for quick and easy recovery for all those having surgery this week.

Holy crap! It's surgery day. Eeeeck!!! Awake, going to shower, will pack a few things, and then we make the 1 hour drive to the hospital. Yikes! I'll be in surgery around 11am. Send good thoughts! I'll likely vs back tomorrow to give a short update.

good luck today!! I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts!! Let us know how you at doing when you can!!

I had my gastric bypass surgery on 02/12 and I stayed overnight at the hospital (Emory at John's Creek, GA). The procedure took about 2 hours, then I was in recovery, then eventually taken to my room. I was told by my doctor (Michael D. Williams, MD, who is very awesome!!!!) that this procedure could be outpatient and I could go home the same day, but knowing how I felt after the surgery. I elected to stay overnight and I'm glad I did...

Within hours, I was told that I needed to walk around, and that would help with the gas pain. I was given liquids to drink, but I just didn't have the appetite. The IV will keep you hydrated, and you will be using the restroom a lot. Most of the night was spent sleeping in my hospital bed and occasionally walking if I felt up to it.

The next morning, I was discharged from the hospital. I was given a flu shot, a B12 injection shot (which lasts for 1 month), and a injection in my stomach to help with the nausea.

I'm still recovering, but so far things have been good. I haven't had any nausea or any throwing up. I take in about 2 ounces of Fluid every 15 minutes as told by the nurse. It's hard to get in at least 3 Protein Shakes a day (60-80 grams), but I make sure I come close to it. I was also told to drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day if I can.

Since Thursday, I have lost a total of 12 pounds and I am very excited!! If I continue to follow the stage 1 (liquids- 2 weeks), 2 (soft foods-2/4 weeks), and 3 (permanent) diets and monitor what I eat, I will have a very successful weight loss without any complications. The doctor says that I can start going to the gym in about three weeks, but for the time being I'm doing small things like lifting 2 pound weights and walking around for at least 30 minutes (if I don't get tired).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, that's what this site is for, we want to help each other out. I can also be reached at tawana_williams@hotmail.com

Again, I appreciate everyone's comments and telling us about your weight loss journeys, it helps a lot.

post-244717-14241150184167_thumb.jpg post-244717-14241150299184_thumb.jpg post-244717-14241150391533_thumb.jpg

In my room. Very little pain so far. Woozy but comfortable. Will update more tomorrow.

Hi all surgery went very well, been in and out all day. Pain is very tolerable, got out and walked a bit. Been fairly nauseous thou so getting extra meds for that. Melanie get some rest girl Hope tomorrow goes well for you! Goodnight peeps!

YIKES! Today is the day, after all of the waiting and worrying, hoping and praying. It is finally here. I am feeling very lucky to be able to take this journey. I am excited about the new life that awaits me. I am also nervous, about the procedure but more about after. I have lived for stories from those that have gone before me. I only hope I can live up to the expectations I and others have put on me. To this that have already had thwit surgery, I wish you continued success and speedy recovery. If you are still waiting for you day. Believe me it do3s finally get here and now it feels like it went quickly, lol. I want to thank all of you for the amazing support this forum has provided. I Look Forward To A Long AND Mutually Beneficial Future :-)

Good luck roxannem1970@gmail.com i live in nc and a snow storm hit us last night school is closed today my surgery is the 19 im hoping i want get rescheduled again i pray I'll stay on schedule but it's not looking good : (

Georgia Girl- Outpatient? I can't imagine- unless you had the band? What type did you have?

I guess I'm on some new "fast track" program. It's a 1 night stay instead of 2. The nurses were telling me that they've never seen a successful one yet, but they think I'm the first. Hopefully, I can keep staying healthy. So far, I've had no pain- just discomfort. Also I've had zero nausea and I've had no issues getting liquids- however, I'm pretty sure the bowel peep dehydrated me, so I'm having issues catching up.

If anything keeps me here another night, it'll be my bladder. It's having a hard time waking up. I'm pulling out every trick in the book to pee, but I've done a total of 1125 ccs so far, so I'm ok according to the nurses. It just takes me like 20 minutes to get like 400ccs. Frustrating. I have no urgency to go.

Roxanne- here's to a no complication, pain tolerable procedure today! We'll be thinking about you!

Glad to hear you are doing well I've read another post said the they had the same problem with peeing they said it's like your urinary system is still under anesthesia i pray things will progress and will not delay you from going home take care