Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. ..had my surgery on 2/24...weighed 241....currently 228lbs...12 days out. Vomited twice because I ate too much. Completely learned my lesson. This crushed pill thing is the pitts. I am definitely getting my Water n food in when I try. I don't always eat the complete amount called for but I eat something. My incisions seem to be healing well although they still hurt from time to time and the Tylenol does nothing for it. My treadmill somehow wad broken 1 wk before surgery and my husband just ordered the part..it should be here this upcoming week? I've walked around my block several times felt a little dizzy, so I doing it in moderation. I truly hope this pureed food thing ends after tomorrow. I have my first Post Op appt. with my Dr. I cannot wait. Oh one of my favorite things to drink is chicken Broth.....love love love it...before surgery I would have never thought to drink just plain broth.< /p>

wrkngonme2015

Progress is a whole lot slower than expected, weight wise. I'm down 20 since surgery on the 16th, down 47 since November 1st when I started my pre surgery diet. Other than that I'm healing very well all incisions are pretty well closed and glue fallen off. My blood pressure is down and I'm off my Water pills, also off all diabetes medications. Have soo much more energy and my lung capacity is increasing every day. Getting in my Protein and my water almost every day as well. Loving Premiere protein chocolate with 30 grams of protein in each drink.

2/25 was my surgery. Since my pre-op visit 2/9 I think I've lost about 20lbs. I will see my dr for first post op on Tuesday so I will have a better number. I'm a little upset that I am still having to take insulin. With my limited calories and carb and zero sugar intake. I assumed I would be ok.... I guess I have to come to terms that my body is just not able to produce insulin at all.

I had a cold the last few days which slowed down my excercise but I did go for a walk today. I also took my first post op pic to start documenting the weight loss. Also finally after almost a week and the help of Miralax each day I was able to go to the bathroom.

I'm starting to eat Greek yogurt and had homemade chili tonight. It was so good and my pouch told me when I was full and it was definitely about 4oz. I had started to think my dr had made my pouch bigger (lol). But I think I'm just able to eat at least one meal out of my day. It's been 2 hours since dinner and I am still full, not uncomfortable, but have no desire to eat. YAY!

My shakes don't have this effect on me. I'm trying to get around the "head" hunger and the adjustments to my life. I'm pretty sure that my dr will release me to head back to the gym so I'm looking forward to that. I prob won't spend 2 hours in there like I used to, but I'm looking forward to getting back there.

Good to hear all the reports. My surgery was 2/27. The weight coming off is of course nice and I have lost 15 pounds since sugery. But I am so focused on getting all the steps right it had been secondary. I am excited at the prospect of life being so different...makes me giddy at times. I sooo wanted to move one day sooner to purée stage but stuck it out. Yesterday I made up a weeks worth of pureed chicken and crab. Added different things to the chicken for an added flair. The crab was very good. I had 1/4 cup of the crab at lunch and could not eat but half of dinner. So far no foods have been an issue. Knock on wood.

I think I had read so much about tiny sips and bites I was anxious it but I am almost taking normal swallows of liquid.

Still have pain from incisions that are aggravated by my pants waist..but otherwise the pain is fine. The worst part for me is energy level. The first few hours if the morning feel like I am going to pass out. This subsides some through the day but I still lack enough energy to do much.

Hello everyone, I had my surgery on 2/24. It took 5 hours, 3 hrs to get rid of all the scar tissue and problems that my bad had caused. I was extremely weak after I woke up....I just couldn't get up. The second day, I forced myself to get up, but oh man, it was hard. I walked out the room and right back in...and passed out. After that I passed out 6 more times, during the day. They figured out that I was leaking...somewhere in my stomach, and that is what made me so very weak. So I got 3 bags of blood and a plasma....and I started to feel somewhat normal again. But I tell you, I've never been anemic before, and I do NOT want to feel that way again. I got home on Saturday 28th, and that is because I begged them to let me go. :)

I was on pureed food for 1.5 weeks, but I just couldn't do it. I was puking just talking about it. So I moved myself up to soft foods, and it has been heaven!! I haven't had any problems, and my stomach hasn't denied me anything that I have tried. It is a little hard to know when to stop eating...not really sure what I should feel like when I am full. But I will get there soon. 2 times I've eaten more than I should, I didn't throw up, but it felt like I should have....it really is a "take a bite and wait game....to see how you feel after the food is in your stomach".

I don't think that I am getting any more than 4 ounces every time I eat. Sometimes less than that... and sometimes I feel like it could be more.

I have lost 15 pounds since I had the surgery, and I am thrilled. They say that people that had a band in before, lose weight slower. So I wasn't even expecting this, I am very happy.

Good Luck to everyone!!

Good to hear all the reports. My surgery was 2/27. The weight coming off is of course nice and I have lost 15 pounds since sugery. But I am so focused on getting all the steps right it had been secondary. I am excited at the prospect of life being so different...makes me giddy at times. I sooo wanted to move one day sooner to purée stage but stuck it out. Yesterday I made up a weeks worth of pureed chicken and crab. Added different things to the chicken for an added flair. The crab was very good. I had 1/4 cup of the crab at lunch and could not eat but half of dinner. So far no foods have been an issue. Knock on wood.

I think I had read so much about tiny sips and bites I was anxious it but I am almost taking normal swallows of liquid.

Still have pain from incisions that are aggravated by my pants waist..but otherwise the pain is fine. The worst part for me is energy level. The first few hours if the morning feel like I am going to pass out. This subsides some through the day but I still lack enough energy to do much.

So my surgery date was the same as yours. Your already allowed puréed foods? I'm supposed to do full liquids this week

2/2015RN. I had 7 days on liquids..which started Sunday after surgery.

I then have 2 weeks on pureed before I more to soft foods. Soft foods lasts 3 weeks.

Hi everyone my surgery was 2/19. Everything went well. My scars are healing nicely. I am having no problems holding liquids and Protein Drinks down. I am seriously jealous of all you posters already on purée diets an surgery dates after mine! My surgeon says I have to wait till post op day 22 for purée... This Friday!! Can't wait!!! I am down 27lbs which I think is remarkable! Almost makes a diet of just Water Protein Shakes worth it ;). I find I suffer "head" hunger the worst, but I am actually never hungry. It's a process but I still feel positive! Congrats everyone on your success!!

Edited by NewMary83

Has my surgery 2/19. I am down 22 pounds. I am on "puree." I had a 4 days stall as well.

Hi Everyone! I hope everyone's surgery went well! I had my surgery 2/25 and everything went really well! But now I'm having this pain in the lower left side of my abdomen. If I'm just sitting it's ok, but if I bend over, roll over in bed, just about anything and I have this nasty pain. It's quite weird because I'm still numb to the touch on my stomach (they severed some nerves) almost feels like stabbing or stretching on the inside. I asked the surgeon and he said "probably healing". Not that helpful, I didn't think healing was supposed to hurt. Is or has anyone else gone through this? If so, how long does it last?

Grlfrny, I had the same thing and it did eventually just go away...hopefully yours will to.

Thank you blperry91!!!!!!!

Worried surgery was 2/16 lost 26 lbs the first 2 weeks then stall went to the nut and she was mad that I only lost 2 more lbs total 28 lbs now I'm 3.5 weeks and gaining weight! What is going on? Gained 3 lbs! Trying very hard the last week to get more Protein in is that causing the weight gain?

I did my 5/6 week followup yesterday, only lost 3lbs since surgery. I've followed the diet religiously and was walking the same weekend I came home. My avg walks are 5-7miles 3-4 days/week. I meet the personal trainer next week so maybe I can get some help. I just want to cry dang it. I feel like I hoped for something that won't happen. I feel very alone and frustrated right now.