Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 29, 2014 sleevers

I will be returning on Tuesday. I'm off of all the pain meds but lose my breath from time to time from walking. I have a very stressful job that requires me to be up and down walking from meeting to meeting. I can't afford to strain myself. We must be strong women to be able to go back so soon. I've seen others who are off for weeks or months. Good luck!! ????????????????

I'm going to stay home another week. I work 10 hour days and right now I am still sleeping twice a day.

But I also wake up with gas at night so I am up at least twice when I should be sleeping. Hoping this week

to get all that straightened around.

Hello ladybug, hope your ok today. I must say, yesterday was one of the toughest days for me. Today I'm starting softy foods, have you started? Since the paperwork says cream of wheat and malt-o-meal and I hate those but love grits, I'm starting with that. I also tried something last night that might interest you. I put herbal formula pain spray around the dent in my side and I woke this morning with less pain in getting up on my own and less pain in movement. I think a cream would wok also, you know one of those arthritis creams you just have to be careful not to get it on your wound, I used a cotton ball. I had coffee, Greek yogurt, watery grape juice and Water throughout the morning. lunch is the grits, dinner the Protein Shake and before bed another Protein shake. Just info I thought might be interesting to you.

I am going back tomorrow 7days post op. Worried about being tired but I will try to make the best of it :)

I'm going back to work tomorrow too...I will be 7 days post op tomorrow. I have had a drain since my surgery and will get it out just before I go to work. I'm hoping I won't be in too much pain ????

Edited by cutee1985

I'm going back to work tomorrow too...I will be 7 days post op tomorrow. I have had a drain since my surgery and will get it out just before I go to work. I'm hoping I won't be in too much pain ????

Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.

What is everyone's daily diet like?

I'm trying to focus on getting my Protein in, but i find that by the time I finish my shakes there isn't much time left for Water. I usually drink 1 shake made with milk and add nonfat milk powder to boost the Protein in the morning, about 1 cup of Soup for lunch, then another shake around dinner time and sips of Water or Propel between those and until bedtime. With all of that, I'm still struggling to get my 48 oz in.

I'm pretty sure my NUT said that any Fluid intake counts toward my total for the day. Does that sound right?

What is everyone's daily diet like?

I'm trying to focus on getting my Protein in, but i find that by the time I finish my shakes there isn't much time left for Water. I usually drink 1 shake made with milk and add nonfat milk powder to boost the Protein in the morning, about 1 cup of Soup for lunch, then another shake around dinner time and sips of Water or Propel between those and until bedtime. With all of that, I'm still struggling to get my 48 oz in.

I'm pretty sure my NUT said that any Fluid intake counts toward my total for the day. Does that sound right?

I'm still having major struggles. No where near the progress you're making. But I had a question about your Protein Shakes. How long does it take to drink one? Because I can't even fathom that I'd be able to drink that.

First day of back at work done!! Did not drink enough at all. Tired and a little sore. Going to try to focus more on drinking tomorrow. Follow up on Wednesday hopefully I will be cleared to eat something

Hey guys! I am done with work today as well! I also got my drain out and it still feels a little weird. Definitely felt sore around my stomach.

I didn't drink as much as I should have either ????. I just started Protein shakes today and man... Those things are thick!!! I keep feeling it get stuck in my throat! Not really a good feeling!

Worried about fitting my work clothes tomorrow. When I left (before surgery) everything was really tight! Hopefully my clothes will not irritate my stomach ????

Yep, it was the Water where I struggled too. Tomorrow I have a focus. The hour drive in was the worst. Work being able to get up and wander helped. I had my Protein shake and yogurt. Just need to remember to drink. Check up tomorrow.

I'm not sharing my surgery with many right now so the "How was your holidays" debrief is awkward. Xmas Protein diet & New Years passed out from my meds isn't the light banter. Lots of "Pretty good and quiet"

Hey guys! I am done with work today as well! I also got my drain out and it still feels a little weird. Definitely felt sore around my stomach.

I didn't drink as much as I should have either . I just started Protein shakes today and man... Those things are thick!!! I keep feeling it get stuck in my throat! Not really a good feeling!

Worried about fitting my work clothes tomorrow. When I left (before surgery) everything was really tight! Hopefully my clothes will not irritate my stomach

Cutee, I was drinking the Ready-Made Protein Shakes before Surgery and they went down fine. Now they are too thick, so I add a little Fat-Free Milk and it makes them better.

@@cutee1985 what kind do you drink? I was using Bariatric Advantage for preop and liked them but now I can't stand them! I got some Isopure drinks today to try, and someone had suggested GNC Protein Shakes (thank you to whoever that was!) I just drank 1/2 of a chocolate Peanut Butter one. It wasn't bad. I haven't been able to drink a whole one yet and not enough Water but getting better. Follow up tomorrow and hopefully get to start purees. Yippee!