Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 29, 2014 sleevers

Mamy, I'm drinking the Premium Protein Shakes, and I now add a little Skim Milk to dilute them. I can get them at Sam's or Walmart. They come in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, and are quite tasty.

I am drinking these Protein supplements I had left over from quick weight loss. I forget the exact name but they're 70 calories and have 15g of protein.

The Premium Protein Shakes have 30 grams of Protein, 1 Gram of Sugar, but do have 160 Calories.

Well I still have the Super Nose that seems to smell everything...Gas and Nausea worse when the Medication

hits about the three hour mark. I went to the Nutritionist and the Dr. Today...They were happy that I am getting my fluids

and the nutritionist said I can go to puree stage so I can get Protein. (I still cannot stomach shakes of any kind) The Dr. said everything looked good until he tested my oxygen level (it was low) so off I went to get an Upper GI...I lucked out and my other Surgeon was walking through and stayed with me and got the pictures from the GI that were needed, and prevented Radiology from making me drink way to much BARIUM ...Everything looked great so I am a happy camper.

I was sleeved on 12/29 and feel great. I'm 15 pounds down!! Woot Woot!

count me into the group as well! i too am having problems getting in all my Protein and fluids. i've been using the Premier Protein shakes. they are ready made and not too bad. i pour 4oz in a 5oz dixie cup and sip, sip, sip. usually takes me about 30 minutes to sip. premier has 30 grams of Protein and can be found at Walmart, sams, costco and bjs. another plus is you can pour what you need, seal it back up and refrigerate the rest.

i've wasted so much money on protein. bought one at Vitamin shop that had could be used in hot or cold liquids....WRONG....hot fluids were so lumpy i couldn't even get the lumps out with my magic bullet.

Sleeved 23 December. I had internal bleeding so wasn't discharged until 26th. Takes all day to get in required liquids and Protein. It takes me about 2.5 hours to drink Protein Shake. Went back to work yesterday... Desk job. A little tired and sometimes difficulty concentrating on tasks more mentally challenging.

My daily intake is one Premier Protein shake, one BariWise chicken bullion and one blended homemade chicken soup..about half a cup. I also drink one Vitamin Water zero and about another 10 oz of plain water. It feels like a big project to get all that in. I am getting about 60 grams of Protein and just under 400 calories. I gained at least 10lbs in the hospital with all the fluids, the bleeding and the 3 blood transfusions. I am down 28lbs from weight when I got home from hospital and 18lbs from weight morning of surgery- 2 weeks today.

I was sleeved on December 30th. I had a little bit of a rough start bc I wasn't really making much urine. They were giving me Fluid boluses and as a result I was up 20 lbs when I came home. I am now down 5 lbs since DOS. My postop visit is in about a week. Hope to be on purée foods by then. Over this full liquid stage. My pain and nausea is so much better now.

I was sleeved on December 30th. I had a little bit of a rough start bc I wasn't really making much urine. They were giving me Fluid boluses and as a result I was up 20 lbs when I came home. I am now down 5 lbs since DOS. My postop visit is in about a week. Hope to be on purée foods by then. Over this full liquid stage. My pain and nausea is so much better now.

My surgery was on 12/30. I don't know how much I weigh because I haven't weighed since the day of surgery. How often should I be weighing?

I was sleeved on the 29th and I've only lost 15 pounds so far. For some reason I feel this is low but then again it's 15 pounds.

I'm having difficulties getting out and walking but all my intakes are good. Maybe this is the reason. Not sure.