Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Already Thinking About Plastic Surgery

So I'm not even 2 weeks post op and I'm already thinking about when I can have plastic surgery. I've always have very disproportionate sized large arms and somewhat droopy boobs (sorry for the tmi) so I'm really nervous about how they will look after significant weight loss. I know this is shallow, but it's a real concern for me.

I'm already saving money for plastic surgery as I know I will need it. After having my sleeve I'm in no real rush to go under the knife again, yet I know I will need to. But, how long after WLS should I wait before having plastics?

From what I've seen on Youtube and in threads, wait at least a year post-op because your skin is still shrinking. I'm 2 years out this month and just now feel like my skin has stopped shrinking and that I'm a my maintenance weight.

I guess it depends. My surgeon told me he typically recommends waiting until 18 months post op. That is also the time requirement for my insurance. I'll hit 18 months in March & cannot wait!!

Edited by livvsmum

The best way to get an answer to your question is to attend free plastic surgery consultations. Don't ever pay for one, but start researching while you are saving money and losing weight. The surgeons really need to palpate your fat and skin to determine the density of fat you have in your problematic areas, and the reputable ones will give you an honest opinion about how much weight you need to lose to have an optimal result.

Btw, don't ever be fooled by the online pics posted on plastic surgery websites. The surgeons only post their best work online. Go to a consultation and ask for their book of photos, which will have the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Work out with weights regularly, stay hydrated, take your Vitamins, and moisturize your skin. It'll give whomever you choose as a surgeon a really good canvas to work with.

wait at least a year post-op - your skin is still shrinking.

@@joatsaint

@@MyssJones

i always heard and agree with the above

depending on your age - your skin might tighten up considerably

at my ripe young age of 60 - i even had skin tighten up in the rear end :unsure:

not a lot

buttttt :lol: :lol:

anything helps :)

thats great that you are already saving your pennies toward plastic surgery :)

pre-op post op down 42 lbs!!!!

keep up the good job :)

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

My team says waitn1 year after you hit goal. It can take that long for your skin to completely catch up. I am also worried about my arms and my midsection, and my surgery isn't even scheduled yet. Hoping for mid january

I agree with one year after you reach goal. You'll have the best results if you give your skin time to shrink. I had surgery 1/13, goal 10/13, and plastics 7/14. I absolutely love my results!

My 50 year old friend was sleeved in June 2014 and lost 95lbs in 6 months and she thought her skin would sag and secretly I thought so to but would never tell her that and I'm 31 so I worry about it after I'm sleeved in the spring but she looks amazing and her skin has tightened up considerably although she would like to have her boobs done but hey what woman at 50 wouldn't want to have their boobs done lol

My team says waitn1 year after you hit goal. It can take that long for your skin to completely catch up. I am also worried about my arms and my midsection, and my surgery isn't even scheduled yet. Hoping for mid january

I haven't been sleeved yet either I'm getting so excited I'm so ready, have two friends that had it done in June and they look amazing one 50 yo lost 95lbs and another 40 yo lost 122 lbs watching them is amazing! I am hoping for feb/March but probably more like April they are a little slow here in my small town lol

So I'm not even 2 weeks post op and I'm already thinking about when I can have plastic surgery. I've always have very disproportionate sized large arms and somewhat droopy boobs (sorry for the tmi) so I'm really nervous about how they will look after significant weight loss. I know this is shallow, but it's a real concern for me.

I'm already saving money for plastic surgery as I know I will need it. After having my sleeve I'm in no real rush to go under the knife again, yet I know I will need to. But, how long after WLS should I wait before having plastics?

How are you doing so far?

@@melhach I'll be 4 weeks post op and doing well with Proteins and liquids. Much better than 2weeks ago. I haven't lost any weight in 1 1/2 weeks. So I'm a bit sad about that, but I hear that stalls happen as your body tries to adjust to the lower calorie intake. Apparently, the first two weeks are Water weight and then the 3rd week the body stalls as it realizes the calorie deficit is not temporary so it holds on to fat.

I'm hoping my body adjusts soon and the lbs just start dropping away!