Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my first appointments tomorrow morning with a nutritionist and behaviorist at Tufts Weight and Wellness Center in Boston. This is the very first appointment with someone other than my pcp to discuss weight loss surgery. Are there specific questions that I should ask them? What should I expect? Up until now, I've been calm and read everything I can on my options. Now all of a sudden, I am nervous and afraid that I am going to get there and will be told that I'm not a good candidate. I am trying to remember that my pcp told me that I was a perfect candidate for gastric bypass. Help! Any advise would be welcome.

Good luck! The first appointments are just to educate you, set up expectations, and discuss options . Please don't be nervous. Ask any questions you might have that you haven't found an answer to or that are specific to you and your medical needs. Please let us all know how it goes.

I was afraid also that I would be denied however my surgery is next Wednesday. Listen to what they say, check out options, ask what the risks are, what the expectations are etc..... They will explain and you will have timto decide what to do or which surgery to have. Good luck

Ya tomorrow is my FIRST APPOINTMENTS face to face too!!! I see psych and general medical. I too am nervous about this and feel like I have forgotten every single question I came up with and what I have read. What if, what if, and what if and please don't tell me no go home, I really am ready for this!! All of it for sure going over and over my head for about an hour now! reading over and over again my online manuals they gave me in case I forgot something that might be a deal breaker, I think I am just burning off energy reading for sure. I added you as a friend, please post or message how it goes and I will also!! We are exact at same stage this is great

Just remember that the hospital and the surgeon don't get paid unless they get people through the process and on the table for surgery. They can't be in the business of denying people surgery for unfounded random reasons. More likely, if there is something about you that throws up a roadblock, they will try to work with you to get past it. I know you are anxious. I was where you are this past August. Hang in there, try to stay positive and BREATH!

Thank you everyone. I know I'm not going to sleep tonight. All I was told to bring is my medication list. I have my medical records from my previous pcp as I am a fairly new patient of my current one. My husband is coming with me as my second set of ears because I am sure I will be told a lot of information.

Laura, Good Luck and I look forward to hearing how you make out.

Harleyphleb, you must be so excited! Are you doing your liquid diet? Keep me posted!

I am trying to take deep breaths and keep all of this encouragement running through my head.

Don't be nervous, stay excited! They will go over all the information you have already researched and will likely give you more. I am sure they will walk you through their process and expectations.

Get some rest tonight, and don't worry. I think I dreamed about going through this process every night for a year and when my day finally came it reminded me of how I felt as a little kid on Christmas Eve.

They are in the business of helping people like you and I get healthy, they will help you work through any roadblocks.

Good luck tomorrow! Sending warm thoughts!

Great you will have a second person with you -- exciting time and nerve-wracking. We've all been there! It helped me to start a notebook -- I'd write down questions, lists, tips -- and a calendar for all the appointments. It's Project You. Way to go!

The first day of the new me is over. It was a crazy busy day and my brain is ready to shut down. Other than being late for my 8:30 appointment with the nutritionist which messed up my 9:00 appointment with the behaviorist, everything went well. Luckily I had taken the whole day off from work, so I could be flexible and wait around until I could get both appointments done today.

I loved both ladies and the office staff couldn't have been nicer. I feel like they will really be by my side thru this whole process. The next step is "immersion day". That is an all day group meeting to go over each step of the process and meet other people who are on the same journey as I am. That will either be Dec 15th or Jan 5th. After that, it's meet the surgeon and find out how much I need to lose before he submits everything to my insurance.

I mentioned this site to my Nutritionist and she was so happy that I joined it. She hears such good things about the comradarie of people here. I totally agree with her. You are all great support!

Laurac727, I hope your day was as great as mine. I can' t wait to hear.

Well like u I was totally exhausted last night and brain fried. Saw psych then mid level doc yesterday. They said perfect candidate for RNY. I came home with large to do list, labs, and chestxray, pylori test at PCP. I go Monday Dec 15 for all day NUT classes back to back all in one. Following Monday Mammogram was due so that is scheduled already. Jan 6 hubby and I have to go to peer group and meeting together. Mid level again Jan 13, and submit for approval or ?? We shall see. Yes they were awesome very attentive and informative. I had a c t scan recent due to gastritis so she wants those results to view and see if anything may be needed due to that and was concerned to make sure my scar tissue not in the way for incision sites from c section. So when they open I will get that going n get to her.

I know what you mean, @@Jocie227! I was exhausted after my first appointment! I am just getting started, too. I had my first appt on the 11th, and I'm going to my first support group on Monday -- I have to go to two before the surgery. What's your timeline look like? When do you think you'll be able to have the surgery? i'm hoping for June.

Good luck and keep us posted!