Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

how is everyone doing this week????

Hope well

This thread help me to reach this goal.

It is hard to beleive that it has been 13 months since I have been banded. A lot of things have happen since being banded and I will do that in another post.In June of 2007 I went in for a sleep study and found out that I did indeed have sleep apena. I was put on a CPAP machine in August 07 and did ok with it. I was banded in September of 2007. After being banded I was having some issues with the CPAP machine, in regards to being bloated all the time and taking the mask off at night. I talked with my doctor about this and he had the machine set to the lowest settings. He also suggested that I look into getting a dental applaince. I went and meet with the dentist who deals in sleep apnea and she said it would not be a problem and so it took about 4 months to get it approved by insurance. I was fitted with the herbest retainer in February, 2008. I went back to my doctor who handles the sleep apnea in August and he was real pleased with the way I looked and the amount of weight lost. So the doctor order a new sleep study. I had the sleep study on year to the date of being banded. I will say that the band can help people get away from using the CPAP. Keep in mind that everyone is differant and what works for one might not work for the other person. Here is the results of the study:Per BandOriginal study (pre weight loss) Weight 250 BMI 40Breathing event per hour: 68Total breathing cessation per hour: 49Lowest recorded oxygen level: 70%BandedNew Study: post weight lossWeight 186 BMI 29.1 Breathing events per hour: 19.4Total breathing cessation per hour: 19.4Lowest recorded oxygen level: 91%With the Herbst Retainer Dental Device:Breathing events per hour: 4.6 (counting little bitty ones 6.2)Total breathing cessation per hour: 4Lowest oxygen level: 92%It turns out that with the Herbst, you are worst when you lie on your left side. Then you have 8.3 events per hour. In dream sleep, you have 10.2 events per hour.I went to the sleep doctor this week to review this study and he said that I could stop using the CPAP Machine and continue with the Herbst Retainer. He also said that my numbers were low enough that even if I did not use the retainer that I could do away with the CPAP. He also felt the numbers would go down lower with more weight loss. My goal range is between 165-175. He also said that I did not need to come back and see him unless I feel that Iam having problems. He said that I can just go back to the dentist and get a new herbest retainer when this one wears out in a few years. Also I no longer have any snoring issues either.So as you can see here proof is in the pudding about the band and how it can help everyone out. It just takes a lot of time and effort to make it all happen. It does not happen overnight.Chris

chris...those are amazing numbers and you have worked so hard this past year to get these results....wonderful!!!!!!

Keep up all the hard work...you are sooooo close to goal as well...YIPPPPY!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!! ISNT IT A WONDERFUL FEELING...

I am feeling great today...spent some time at the beach after class yesterday, getting to ride when I want.....doing 2 rides this weekend....Just loving this.....

Hello to all!!!!

biking for the weekend???

I am doing a organized ride on Saturday at Amelia Island FL. On Sunday we are doing a touring ride of St Augustine.

Looking forward to seeing some areas that I have not seen before.

Anyone else having biking plans??? I know my husband told me that the highs in Indiana are in the 60's....wow....Missing the fall weather. I will be going home hopefully to get to still enjoy some of it.

Everyone be safe

No organized ride plans for this weekend. I am so envious, what a great way to see Amelia Island and St. Augustine!!

Hoping for 2 nice rides with HH this weekend, 20 miles-ish each. Hope all is well with everyone! MK

hey there...I am super jealous of your nice weather...Wow..I was reading the forecast and couldnt beleive just how cool it was going to be there.

I am excited about getting to see the islands...Looking forward to it..I even had a white bike jersey airbrushed for the occasion...

post-218103-13813137772532_thumb.jpg

thanks.....i actually met 3 other hoosiers on the ride.....

how are you????

I'm doing OK. Spent the last week in Houston with my friend that was just banded in August. We went out to eat everyday but split meals everywhere... saved money and had very little leftovers.

How is everyone here?? Quiet weekend...

thats right you mentioned something about going to Texas.....I bet that was amazing....how is your friend adjusting to the band so far??

I have not rode since Saturdays ride, but it has been pretty windy here, which I decieded I would skip....Hoping to maybe get in a short ride after class today.

Hope all is doing well......this thread is getting so quiet..we need to invite some new people in to talk...but I think it has ran several away instead of keeping them....NO BIKE TALK...:Dancing_biggrin::)

texas was fun as always. Went apartment hunting - I'm still looking too move there March 1... though we'll see how that pans out, financially.

Soooo cold here in MO. I've already kicked my heat on.

Anyone else SICK AND TIRED of stupid politics and election talks? I mean, I'm going to vote and all... though I dislike both candidate equally... but still. I can't wait until it's all over!

veryyy tired of it

I am sick of rain too