Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Hello there Band fans....I got banded March 28th-2007.

I told myself....Bycyling would be a very good choice. Fresh air, muscles working for the sake of "Cardio". After one week passed--in April. I purchased three new bikes for me and my two sons. I have defeated many things doing that. No more not riding with my children--we ride as a crew (family). We could not conquer the hill on my street. We used to stop 3 to 4 times before getting to the top ( I did). So now the wheels have turned. My kids ask me---"Daddy can we stop--our legs are burning". Thank God I am doing well now. Now with 21 pounds gone---but just riding bikes. I am ready for the next Journey...The 1st fill--I am looking forward to the next 4 to 6 weeks--maybe 12 or 20 pounds gone...who knows...:faint: this is how I feel on many days after my ride. Today--(8.5 miles) It was walking, riding around the fair in my town--but that is what my speedometer said when it was all over...

I started riding my bike last summer. I lost a whopping 22 pounds from just riding last summer. I am looking forward for the weather to stabilize in my area (Maryland) so I can hit the trails again.

OH Yeah!!! I'm picking up my comfort bike today!!! We live by lake michigan and there's a six mile bike trail just two miles from my house! My goal is to be able to bike that entire trail, both ways, by October (it gets cold here in Oct.) The kids LOVE to ride and I decided to stop letting "looking fat on my bike" keep me from enjoying this time with my kids! :)

Hellotoall...We can't worry about Looking fat on the bike. It's the People who see us who are walking and doing nothing--but laughing. But within 6 months---see if you can have that photographic memory--then look at them. I see the People who laughed at me. I see them now with their heads down. I saw a guy who is right at 355--my guess. Yet he can't walk without assistance and he is just 54 years old. I will be 50 on 6-21(coming soon). I take care of 2 small boys--my two sons. Yet now that joke has turned badly for him. As I recall the last conversation with him. He is complaining of painful knees, painful back, can't walk far. Each time I am seeing him at his Job--never on his feet. Always sitting....But that is just 1 example. Don't let no one put you down. Follow your heart and get "BUSY"....

I love biking, and I have a bike trail just a couple of blocks from my home. I can't wait to get started on it. My surgery was 5/16 and I see my doc on Thursday, so I'll ask him when I can start riding my bike again.

hi,

I am getting banded the 30th of this month!!!! I bought a bike no speed comfort style, old kind of breaks this weekend at Walmart. I want to get a better bike that is more versatile as I loose weight.....let me know how you like yours.....

Yes, DH and DD and I bought new bikes...not the expensive kind just Schwinns from KMart, and we are riding on average 5 miles a night..sometimes more sometimes less. I am so happpy with myself after I am done. There is a hill by my house that I had to walk up when I first started, but now I can bike all the way up it. I love it!!!I almost cried when I did that. Today I rode to video store instead of driving...a 4 mile trip. I love that I can ride to stores and get small things and not waste gas. Deanna

I have had a bike for years and seem to go in bursts with the bike. This last weekend I went on my first ever bike path- 14 miles. I liked that a lot. It is nice not having to worry about traffic and being able to just go. I may try a couple others that are in my area. I have to drive to get to them but if they are fun, that is okay by me.

Great deal....I like that ride...I have not gone nowhere near 14 miles--but 8>5 is what my speedomater recorded. I know that when I got done with that--I was spent for almost a whole day. I can't tell if I was totally wore out or is it my 50th birthday is around the corner...

Either way--I'd love to go at least 6 to 8 miles per day. There would be no way that my weight would sit still. I am going to try my 4 to 5 tomorrow...It should prove to be a good distance. I hope I will not be asleep by noon..It doesn't matter--I am sure it'll keep the blood pressure down as well as give me so much relaxing feelings as I ride...

You guys have inspired me! I lost 30 pounds a couple of summers ago cycling 20 miles on weekends.

Unfortunately, my bike is hanging up in the garage, gathering dust!

I may just have to get off my duff & dust it off & hit the trail!

Come on now--lets dust that bike off....some oil and get busy...

I have one major problem I am trying to fix...each time I got 5 to 7 miles 3 days in a row--I need about 2 days off. I am sore and I get wore down...Even though I am doing the suppliments and vitamins--it's been like that since April ....I hope I can increase my energy soon...

Picked up my comfort bike yesterday (it wasn't ready on monday). Went on my first bike ride in YEARS!!! My oh My I am out of shape!!! I went two miles and dang if my legs didn't turn to rubber bands!!!! lol!!! I have a meeting today at 1...it's 2.5 miles from home, so I think I'm going to take a leap of faith and bike there! I should get there just fine...it's down hill most of the way...it's the way home I'm worried about!!! :faint: Wish me luck!! hahaha