Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

and no sense paying to take a class at the LBS allot of us dont live near big cities that offer it. Allot you can learn from someone you are riding with if you have the luxury of doing so.....I am 60 miles from a bike shop that offers that back home..

Just saying....:eek:

Traci,

I talk about biking you complain. I was making mention that to people who may be biking for the first time. 80% of Americans live in large cities, btw. There is still value in recommending to the general population that taking a class is a good thing.

If I don't talk about biking you say this forum is too off topic.

Actually when I read your post I thought it was amazing and cool that you were able to make that long trek back to the hotel and found a solution, instead of stomping your feet like I would have done. I'd be calling a taxi or something.

If you felt that I was condisending to you I apologize.

No, not at all.....just very dependent on John and realizing I need to take care of myself if I want to make this work....

The thought of the cab never crossed my mind....and I would of taken it...the mosq. here are awful.....

I am glad I am not a part of the 80% of people you say live in a large city....Not interested at all...love my country living and wonderful country air....this city stuff is for the birds.

Nice to hear you miss your riding....

Hey all. Just checking back in again.

Don't let this thread die. All the threads I like are dying. Maybe it's me - everyone misses me so they quit posting... Lol.

OK. Bike question - since winter is knocking on my door... What is that thing called that you put your bike on indoors and ride like you are outside... kinda makes it stationary? A trainer or something> How much are they and where do I get one. I know I know - Ya'll will tell me to go to my LBS. Why do I even bother! haha!

Seriously though, are they called trainers, or am I thinking of something else?!

I will not let this thread die, so dont worry and come on back....we miss you!!!

I bought a trainer off craigslist...they also have them at nashbar.com Get the Fluid trainer and not the magnetic one..they are allot quieter.

They go up in price but we bought ours used for $50..and it retailed for $100...I think...???

John uses it more than me, but I will during the winter so I don't have to start all over.....like this year.

I need to get some fall and winter riding gear...because allot of our friends still ride during the winter months weather above 30 that is....so..we will need to start looking.

Good luck looking for your trainer.

true...also really go to nashbar as well...they usually have good deals and offer coupons for either 20% off or free shipping

I like it, but it is boring. Make sure you either have your head gear on or are watching tv.

I like to have the music on

I saw you posted in the June area...

I know what you mean about certain things going down easier....habits are awful to break, and we make it harder sometimes on ourselves...

have a good trip to texas

Hi ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

A word about trainers, and I don't have one, I've just been told, that they wear down your tire. When I replaced my tires this year the LBS guy told me to keep the old ones to put on my bike for using on the trainer this winter.

I don't see me getting a trainer, I do however see me keeping up with spinning at the gym.

Nice to see you one here.

Thread CPR here....

C - Cycle

P - Post

R - Reply

Don't make me get the defibrillator becuz the thread is "flat lining". :confused:

Speaking for myself, I am just so darn busy that posting doesn't make it to the top of my list. I keep putting sleep ahead of it - LOL! :blink: Benn lurking every once in a while. Good to see what's up.

Love to ride in the fall - anybody else feel that way? There is just something about the fall air.... Need to get more miles in (and update my tickers)....Oh No!! I just added 2 things to my overloaded "to do" list. :)

Take care everyone.

Mary K.

mary

Fall riding is wondeful...this is my second season doing so, and there is nothing better than the crisp air hitting you...wow...sometimes it gets reallllllyyyy cold....

But...I am planning on going with a lady that is from Indiana that lives here now...there group is camping and riding at White Springs Fl on the weekend..so...breaking out of comfort zone and just doing it.

Also signed up for a event next weekend...May as well stay busy doing something I love.

As far as the trainer...there are different kinds but J is right about the tires. I know using a trainer at home is cheaper for me and closer to home.....no worthwhile gyms near me that is reasonable to drive to.

Being at home I know it will stare at me in the face, but I am planning on a schedule to make sure I do it....LOL

Off to class see you all later

it is truly an amazing thing to see new things and try new things.....had a great weekend doing just that...

Hope everyone else had a good one as well

????????????????????????????????/

you are too funny

but....just sayn...

So, no riding today, but did get my bike re fitted....readjusted seat angle, etc...

and bought a hydration pack for this weekend...

Hope all is well