Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Successfully banded 12/3/14

Surgery couldn't be better! I feel good, positive and determined. Lots of tightness specially laying down or sitting but I try to move around ad much as possible. Still feel a bit oozy from meds. Not much pain only at the site of port upon getting up (back to pregnancy days and rolling off to a side to get up:) My biggest challenge will be away from my almost 23 months old son. My awesome mom is taking care of him for the next 3 weeks until I heal (cannot lift anything heavy). My sister is my biggest inspiration, she was lap banded in 2012 lost all the excess weight and keeping it off. Her only major complication was lifting her son (then 2.5 yr) and having port twist and stitches open slightly, she was only 3 weeks post op. So yes, I will learn from that mistake!

Otherwise I make sure I drink plenty of Water, broth, kefir, fresh squeezed juices and Protein Shakes. So far so good, learning to swallow nice and slow. Biggest challenge was to go #2 , but milk of magnesia did the trick ;). Still a bit bloated but feeling much better.

Hope to hear some great stories of encouragement.

I had other surgeries when my kids were small. They want mom. I sat with them. Lay in bed beside to read stories. I just didn't pick them up

Hope you feel great soon. I am down 40 pounds. Banded Aug 13. This includes pre op. I feel great.

I want to encourage the walking. You need the core body strength and it helps with the gas. Remember it is a tool and we need to do a lot of work also. Good luck

Thank you Marie. Great going yourself. Just got my baby from mom's to give my parents a break and while its weekend my husband helps. Lots of snuggles and he seems to understand mommy can't pick him up. Walking does feel better, except for crappy weather in NYC.

So happy for you, Lula -- you are on your way!

Lula - I am following your journey now, as you are a few steps ahead of me, and I am interested in seeing your successes and how things go for you...!

I'm being banded December 18th, and it cannot get here soon enough. I'm on day 2 of fluids and salad. So far so good!

Best of luck with today, tomorrow and the next... blow a kiss to Bryant Park for me (we were in NYC last year for Xmas) and know that many of us here on the forum are cheering you on!

Woo hoo!

Hi guys a huge thank you for the support! Professor, keep chugging that Water and not the usual 64 oz but at least 80! I am actually 3 lbs more due water retention and gas. But physically even my very critical mom saw the differences!

My stomach feels like a war zone with fluids boiling so loud a person next to me can hear. No pain... anyone else had this?

Just a brief update ... gasX strips helped a lot! My sister is a gem for helping and supporting. On Sunday was my mom's birthday outing and I did great with my miso soup! I did steal 2 teaspoons of ice cream but my awesome husband let me have just that!

So I have had my first fill 12/29 and spoke with my doc about the red, yellow and green zone; also about my weight at stand still. Its a week post fill and I have gained 2-3 lbs but it may be Water retention due that time of month. I do know I am still at yellow zone and need more filling but also need to get on track with eating good. With holidays and the "visitor" I am cheating with sweets.

After the first filling I was fine, 2 days later is when the tightness kicked in and broccoli got stock.

Today at least I drank more Water and that is the key.

Happy New Year to all!

Thanks for sharing! Congrats!

Thanks for sharing! Congrats!

Thank you!

Hi all,

This will be a long post about my journey 6.5 weeks post-op and its a bit tough (like everyone else's!)

So I have not updated in a while due going through a major stall. After surgery my weight went up 5lbs, dropped by 4 then again up by 2. I started feeling very lousy and discouraged. Was blaming it all on the fill... etc (naturally)

But little by little I regained my will, well still trying, Put reminders to eat slow, eat little, drink Water and exercise will beep on my phone FOREVER.

Yes, every 30 minutes I set up my phone to drink Water. Funny when my hubs is at home he counts how many I missed :) I have 25 oz bottle and know exactly how much I drink. Four of those and I feel accomplished. Three and I am happy too! Two I know I have to get back on track. I can gulp for now as I am only 2cc so pretty loose.

Second, I log my food on MFP for nutrients counting. Started right when I finished cake from my son's 2nd bday... I have now the 2 bad days to compare with... then I threw out all the sweet stuff (except my dark chocolate!). I still cheat a tiny bit (i know, booooooo!) my hubby had to make homemade ice-cream! but I only had a cup about when I had 300 cal def and made him feel so guilty for making ice-cream and not frozen yogurt haha

Plus I walk 1.5 - 2 miles at least 5 days a week. Wish I could do 3 miles, but my little monster gets annoyed. Plus weather in NYC is not so friendly. No excuses, so I did my first day of exercise following an app on iPhone. Just 19 minutes, light one to prove how out of shape I am! Still soar and feels great.

So thats it, eat & count calories, carbs, fat and Protein. Eating about half a cup per meal. Drinking water every 30 minutes, but not 30 min before and after meals and get

moving!

Oh and I did buy Alex & Natalie's "The big book on lap band" just for support still reading ...

Finally, I am down to 225.8 lbs!

Its a tough journey but I chose the perfect tool.

Thank you for reading and hope to hear some stories too.

lula

Edited by lulalove