Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalling for weeks on end

Help please? I have been stalling for weeks on end. Eventually I lose a few pounds. Can you give any advise? I have a lot to lose still. I try not to get discouraged because the inches are falling off but when that scale doesn't move it is rough. I am trying to add more Protein Drinks to my diet. I have trouble eating everything. I am just not hungry! When I do get hungry my little tummy starts hurting. Then I am afraid to eat. Took on a second job for the time being and I don't have much time for exercise. I am trying to walk twice a day on my breaks at work. Our temperatures dropped last few weeks so I tried to walk the stairs at work. Made it up 8 flights! Never ever was able to do that before, so no complaints here. Just want to get enough nutrition so my body doesn't start holding everything. :rolleyes:

Wow it looks like you are doing great to me! Just keep on doing what you are supposed to be doing, it will move. I get a slowed down some now too. I got stuck at 211 for about 4 weeks, then it finally went down. Then I got stuck at 196 for about 2 1/2 weeks and finally the scales moved today to 194. Also, I try on clothes that are too small and re-try them...that is where you see the change in inches you were talking about. Hang in there and keep up the good work.

I have had many stalls and finally decided not to weigh myself. As long as the inches were falling off and my clothes have been getting too big, I am happy. One thing I tell new people is to take your measurements. There are so many times the scales will not show a loss but you will see a loss in your measurements. Make sure you are meeting your required Protein and taking your Vitamins. I kept track of my intake on My Fitness Pal. Dont let the scale get you down. Let your clothese be your guiding light. You have done great and you will continue to do so. Everyone loses at a different rate. Getting discouraged will not help. Be positive and enjoy the ride, you will get there.

I agree your doing great, hang in there just focus on your Protein .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches