Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name something strange and super unhealthy that you used to eat before weight loss

@@pink dahlia I never knew that I had a sugar addiction until I did Whole30 last Spring - and I am 11 yrs out from my RNY! It is truly shown to be an addictive substance according to research I have read. I have to really listen to my body to sense if I am getting too many sugars/carbs because it will cause me to be hungry and gain weight.

I used to love Swedish pancakes. My mouth is getting a little moist just thinking about them. Impure thoughts!!!

oops

Edited by My Bariatric Life

@lark60 @amponder

I am going to sell your concoctions someday when I open my boardwalk food stand at the Jersey shore !!! They'll be best sellers.

Just a game my husband and I play...

@@Beni yum, I would so have loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches fried in butter and cheese fries with bacon -- maybe at the same meal -- in my foodie days!

@@fat_free This would be a big hit with the foodies! You should try to sell your recipe to Dunkin Donuts! Seriously!

Oh wait, my bad. I am supposed to be helping people to eat healthy! Never mind, LOL!

Edited by My Bariatric Life

@@built2livenotexist this sounds tempting. I really am grateful for Paleo. It makes it so much easier to NOT justify eating foods like this to myself. For me it really is a slippery slope. All the money that I spent on plastic surgery isa pretty good motivator to eat healthy, too. :o

@@amponder I've been traveling in the South and it was darn hard to pass up sausage gravy and biscuits. I am thrilled that I developed a rocking recipe for a microwave Paleo buttermilk biscuit and adapted Paula Deen's awesome sausage gravy to be Paleo. Once in a while I will serve this with scrambled egg and it is sooooo good.

I have diabetes, celiac, lactose intolerance, and an aversion to red meat. It makes dining out a challenge! So I became a pretty good Paleo recipe developer. Here's the biscuit recipe for anyone interested: http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/172994/microwave-paleo-biscuit?ap=831

My grandmother introduced me to Peanut Butter and Karo Syrup.< /p>

I knew that low-fat Peanut Butter wasn't for me the first time I tasted it. Sure enough it has added corn syrup.

Ha! That''s funny! Growing up, we never had junk food in the house..........ever. So, I learned at an early age to improvise. One of my favorite things to do..............on the sly of course.........even at 8 years old, I was hiding food.............would be to mix either maple syrup or brown sugar with peanut butter (depending on what was available).

I would mix it a coffee cup, and then be sure to wash the cup out. (Couldn't leave any evidence). How sad.

Mine was Peanut Butter mixed with maple Syrup. To this day I can't keep maple syrup in the house out of fear that I'll give into the temptation. Each ingredient by itself doesn't do anything for me but together it's a bit of paradise.

Oh my God! I just read this!! See my previous post! What is WITH us????????????????

bags (plural) bags of BBQ potato chips, a lot of Coors light

and sitting my fast ass on the couch...

As a teenager I used to make Peanut Butter and banana sandwiches with maple Syrup. I haven't thought about those in years, but I remember loving them.

Again..just read this one! What is it with peanut butter and maple syrup!!

Mine is similar to Kindle - store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough, eaten right out of the package.

I think that's the indulgence I feel most shameful about. Wait - no, the worst was frosting right out of the can...

Yep.............frosting out of a can too. Would buy it just to secretly eat it out of the tub........sometimes even putting it on ice cream............Wow this topic is a real eye opener, but glad to see I am/was not alone.

As a kid, I absolutely loved white bread with mayo. I also would sneak the box of powdered sugar and eat it with a spoon.

As an adult....Bananas Foster over vanilla ice cream. You slice a really firm banana into slabs, melt butter, brown sugar and rum in a sauce pan, then saute the bananas until they are coated and slightly soft. Spoon them over ice cream while hot and you have a dessert to die for!